5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bittersweet introduction

sanewithinsanity

Reaction score
Hello all,
To start with, this is my beautiful new truck. I had a 2004 Lone Star and drove it to 130kmi, and loved every day with that truck. After a stint with a Challenger and a BMW, as well as a new growing member of the family, I decided it was time to go back to having some space. I was very particular when looking for the Ram, and happened to find one with 95% of the options I wanted (basically 95% of what was available). The indigo frost interior is amazing, the 12" screen is pretty great, coming from the BMW with auto-hold I really like the adaptive cruise control, and the adjustable suspension is interesting so far. I am sorry to say that after buying a truck for as much as this one is, owning it on paper for a week and two days, I have only been able to drive it for two days of that. Also, it looks like I wont get it back for at least another week. I bought the truck on a Friday with roughly 120mi on it. Five miles from the dealership, I went to open the panoramic sunroof, and the sunshade failed. I turned around to have it looked at, but service was already closed. After talking with the dealership, we planned on having them come out and pick up the truck the following Monday to repair the sunshade. Over the weekend, I did more research and driving. Two other issues came to light. First, after reading the woes of other owners, I checked under the floor mats for water, and found a puddle under the driver side mat. Second, on Saturday morning, I decided to go to a local Dodge dealership to see about getting the repairs done there (the one I bought it at is 1.5 hrs away), and after speaking with the service rep, I put the truck in D, let off the brake, but nothing happened. Put it back into park, then back into drive...nothing. I decided to give it some gas, and WHAM it slammed into gear and almost launched me into a parked car. Both of these issues I have spoke with the dealership about, and they are fixing (apparently a fix on a service bulletin) the water leak, and will look into the not going into drive issue. I want to love this truck so much, but I feel like its tainted at this point. I paid for top of the line, but have been driving a Big Horn with cloth seats, and will continue to do so for some time. The dealership has been great so far working with me on the issues and the distance from my house and their location, and I know things like this they have no control over. Forgive the rant, I have just been frustrated for a few days and needed to vent, and I am really hoping this is just bad luck at the start and this truck will end up being as reliable as the last one I had.

Attachments

• IMG_20190628_181521.jpg
    IMG_20190628_181521.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_20190629_140512.jpg
    IMG_20190629_140512.jpg
    224.9 KB · Views: 135

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Dealer Post

Sorry to hear about the issues with your truck.

After you get your truck back, if you could, please post your dealer experience on this thread, as we are compiling a list of good/bad dealers to help fellow forum members:

Thanks,

sanewithinsanity

Reaction score
Dealer Post

Sorry to hear about the issues with your truck.

After you get your truck back, if you could, please post your dealer experience on this thread, as we are compiling a list of good/bad dealers to help fellow forum members:

Thanks,
I will do that.

chithead

Reaction score
Welcome back to the world of Ram!!! I am quite confident you will be in love with that truck as soon as she is back in your hands. Beautiful choices you made with colors!

sanewithinsanity

Reaction score
I just got back from the 1hr15min drive to the dealership after they said my truck was ready. I went to inspect the repairs, and was not happy. The headliner was not installed correctly. There were gaps everywhere. There was grease marks, and in one case an entire hand print, on the headliner. The rear airbag cover clips would no longer seat in their place. There were parts of the headliner that were clearly not clipped in, and would move about 1/4" when pressed on. The driver side leather was discolored from someone with dirty clothes getting in and out repeatedly. Also, the sunroof rear drains I had told them were not installed correctly, we not touched at all. They told me that they fixed the leak in the driver side fender, but considering how they "repaired" the rest, I have to wonder. I bought the truck 6/28, it went into the shop 7/1, and will remain there until who knows as they haven't given me a time estimate.
Here's my question now. I really like this truck, at least from the two days I was able to drive it, and I know I got a great deal on it. In the event they do not repair it properly again, I would imagine they will not be able to do it properly ever. What options do I have?

Attachments

• IMG_20190712_112856.jpg
    IMG_20190712_112856.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_20190712_112908.jpg
    IMG_20190712_112908.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_20190712_112914.jpg
    IMG_20190712_112914.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 72

J-Cooz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Wow that's pathetic. It's sad that most mechanics have no pride in their work and make a mess of your car. Maybe get Ram Cares involved and escalate this.

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Dang, sorry you aren't having the best time with your truck. Mine was built the same time frame and is very similar in build. Hopefully they get everything squared away and fixed correctly.

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Shoddy work! Personally, I'd contact @ramscare and at the same time let the dealership manager know and find any way possible to have it rectified at another service department dealership. I would not feel comfortable going back there.

I just got back from the 1hr15min drive to the dealership after they said my truck was ready. I went to inspect the repairs, and was not happy. The headliner was not installed correctly. There were gaps everywhere. There was grease marks, and in one case an entire hand print, on the headliner. The rear airbag cover clips would no longer seat in their place. There were parts of the headliner that were clearly not clipped in, and would move about 1/4" when pressed on. The driver side leather was discolored from someone with dirty clothes getting in and out repeatedly. Also, the sunroof rear drains I had told them were not installed correctly, we not touched at all. They told me that they fixed the leak in the driver side fender, but considering how they "repaired" the rest, I have to wonder. I bought the truck 6/28, it went into the shop 7/1, and will remain there until who knows as they haven't given me a time estimate.
Here's my question now. I really like this truck, at least from the two days I was able to drive it, and I know I got a great deal on it. In the event they do not repair it properly again, I would imagine they will not be able to do it properly ever. What options do I have?

sanewithinsanity

Reaction score
I called them on the way back to work from the dealership. They said one of their brand ambassadors would be contacting me. I don't really know what that means, but we will see if it helps. In the meantime, the dealership has still not contacted me on how long they will be keeping it for this round of repairs.

sanewithinsanity

Reaction score
Its 6:30 here, and neither the dealership or Ram has contacted me back. Both said I would hear from them today. I would love ramcares to chime in on this. I am starting to get really frustrated. I put $14k down on this truck and financed the remainder through FCA, but have only been able to put 100mi on the truck (58mi the drive home from the dealership) in two weeks with no idea when I will actually get to drive the vehicle I purchased. I have been an avid fan of Dodge/Ram since my first Lone Star 1500, but I am honestly feeling left out in the cold on this one.

Newguy

Reaction score
I'm sorry to hear of your troubles. FCA has made good faith payments to offset your loan payment while the truck is in the shop. They completely paid my loan payment (3 months worth) while the truck was at the dealership intermittently. Just make sure you call FCA and get a claim started, then ask them you want your loan paid while the truck is in the shop and a loaner. It makes the process sting less. Good luck.

sanewithinsanity

Reaction score
Thats good and bad at the same time. I wish FCA would have mentioned that while I was speaking with them, that will make not having the truck a bit easier to deal with, but at the same time, why was your truck in the shop for 3 months?

Autoplay

Reaction score
Do you really feel they are capable of “correcting” the problem,verses adding more problems? In the very least,I wouldn’t allow the so call mekanic touch your vehicle again!

In answering your question,I personally wouldn’t have a prob with referencing good/bad shops via online. Doubt they visit/view this site,and if they did,can only imagine how greasy and dirty their keyboard is/grin. They should be embarrassed and ashamed,to do such **** poor work!

I would contact Ramcares,and anyone else not connected to that dealer,to have their mek shop and dealership,further investigated for inferior repairs!

Users who are viewing this thread