5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bilstein install. What did I do wrong?

E.Hands

Reaction score
Update. I purchased the heavier spring compressors and did the Bilstein install again today. My truck looks like I'm a little high in the front. Not sure if it's because I'm used to the lower look of the front end.

I measured the bottom of the wheel openings and the front is 1/2" higher than the rear at the center. However, I measured the bottom of the body behind the front wheel and also the body at the rear of the cab, and the measurement was 100% equal. We'll see what it looks like after an alignment, but I don't expect any change. So, I may need to get a rear block to get the proper stance because I will not be taking the front end apart again to move the spring seat to setting 4, instead of 5.
Have you put a bubble level on the bed rail?

E.Hands

Reaction score
I don't adjust them after a level. I like the added light out front and the awesome x ray of the people coming towards me. Insert pot stirring here. LOL
I thought that WAS the proper way to adjust them? Turn them up until the point where everyone was flashing their high beams at me. Then turn them back down to where only some people flash me. 🤷‍♂️

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Have you put a bubble level on the bed rail?
I did put a level on the bed rail. I can't say how "level" the truck is designed from the factory, but at the bed rail, the front is slightly higher than the rear. Like I mentioned though, when measuring the cab height at the front and rear of the cab, to the bottom of the rocker panel, not plastic, it was perfect front to rear..

Users who are viewing this thread