5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bilstein Availability

MadMater'

Reaction score
So I did not talk to Bilstein but my shop said they called them and were told that there is a "parts kit" ? I think is the terminology my shop used when talking to me that is not included that would be needed. I explained that whatever part kit they are referring to would be the same thats currently installed with the 4600s. (or atleast thats my assumption lol) and that its basically a direct swap 1-1. I think the tech realizes that since he just did a 6112 install on his rebel as I heard him in the background saying he doesnt see why it wouldnt work. I was talking to the owner/manager so I really think its just the shop trying to cover their *** from a liability standpoint.

fastlanez

Reaction score
I am having my Bilstein 5100's installed next week on the front to level my truck. My 2 questions are, what clip setting should I tell them? (I'm seeing a lot of people use #5) and will I be ok just having them use the stock UCA and new ones aren't needed?
On my last Bighorn, the installer said he would place the clip @ #6. Anything below that would still allow for a small rake. For me it was perfect and I will have it installed at the same setting on the Laramie once the shocks arrive. They also advised that there was no need for new UCA’s.

rubrduk

Reaction score
I want to get the 2.5-75 front lift,...I have a non-ORP 4wd

I have the 5100's and the Mopar UCA's, the question...should I use clip #7 (I've heard is harsher?), or should I order ORP front springs and run the 5100's @ clip #5 for best ride quality?

Or is there another front coil that is a better alternative to the ORP?

MadMater'

Reaction score
I’m curious what part of the 5100 makes it incompatible on the Rebel but compatible with the ORP trucks. Like mentioned above that spacer included with the 5100’s doesn’t get used on the Rebel because the 5100 and the factory 4600’s are the same diameter.

Hmm.
So I just picked the truck up and everything seems fine. They said they could not use the spacer you mention because it doesnt fit right and they installed it without that as you did. Everything drives great so far and seems same as stock for the most part. I say this as I only have 350 miles total on the truck so I do not have a huge baseline here. I went with the Icon 1.5" rear spring and at first glance it may have more rake than id like at setting 5 on the front but I will drive it a bit before making a call on that.

I will say this so others know, the shop made me sign a waiver saying that they are installing the wrong part numbers per my direction and they arent liablle etc. Prolly useful to others getting it done at a shop.

Waterfowler41

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So I just picked the truck up and everything seems fine. They said they could not use the spacer you mention because it doesnt fit right and they installed it without that as you did. Everything drives great so far and seems same as stock for the most part. I say this as I only have 350 miles total on the truck so I do not have a huge baseline here. I went with the Icon 1.5" rear spring and at first glance it may have more rake than id like at setting 5 on the front but I will drive it a bit before making a call on that.

I will say this so others know, the shop made me sign a waiver saying that they are installing the wrong part numbers per my direction and they arent liablle etc. Prolly useful to others getting it done at a shop.

Odd but I guess I get the waiver, kind of a check your as thing from your installer.

I tried installing with and without that spacer. With it the spring needs an ungodly amount of compression that is almost impossible. The perch doesn’t clear the spacer well.

Anyways glad it worked out! I’m a couple thousand miles in and no issues with set up!

ImageX

Reaction score
Man, I tell you what.. everything with my Rebel so far has been an adventure.... Shop currently installing 5100s front/rear just called me telling me that 5100s are not compatible with Rebels... They called Bilstein and Bilstein confirmed that 5100s are not in fact compatible with Rebel because they do not come with an installation kit or something of those lines. I am having them install them anyway because from my understanding is this is BS? and that there should be no difference from an installation standpoint between Rebel and not rebel from this installation perspective.

Someone talk me out feeling like i'm putting the wrong **** on my 60k truck.....
From my understanding, they are absolutely compatible. You just don’t use the spring seat adapter from the 5100s.

Warmonkey497

Reaction score
The 5100's I ordered yesterday from Bilsteinlifts were shipped today. I went with the free ground shipping so we will see when they get here.

savage_sultin

Reaction score
So I ordered Bilstein 5100 via the website of a supplier here in Canada. Just got a call from them and they stated that the 5100 isn't showing that its available for the new body style yet. I know thats not the case and I have 24-232203 24-233354 as the part numbers. Seeing so many of the 1500 new body style with them on can anyone confirm if these part numbers are correct and help me out?

MadMater'

Reaction score
So I ordered Bilstein 5100 via the website of a supplier here in Canada. Just got a call from them and they stated that the 5100 isn't showing that its available for the new body style yet. I know thats not the case and I have 24-232203 24-233354 as the part numbers. Seeing so many of the 1500 new body style with them on can anyone confirm if these part numbers are correct and help me out?
So technically they are right from my understanding. I just went through this with my shop and although everything is a direct fit etc. technically Bilstein does not say its compatible. It will work, Bilstein just does not say it will. Weird I know....

savage_sultin

Reaction score
So technically they are right from my understanding. I just went through this with my shop and although everything is a direct fit etc. technically Bilstein does not say its compatible. It will work, Bilstein just does not say it will. Weird I know....
Thanks, Ive seen so many here and other forums posting pics of their upgrades I figured something wasn't right. I just spoke to them again and the supplier is going to talk with Bilstein to confirm my numbers, they have the front for me but said the rears are weeks away yet.

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The 5100's I ordered yesterday from Bilsteinlifts were shipped today. I went with the free ground shipping so we will see when they get here.
I ordered mine from the same place, free shipping on a Friday and I had them by Monday. That was shipped form Illinois out to Washington.

Morenar

Reaction score
Looks like they have warehouses throughout the US. The first order I did with them came from Georgia and received it in two days. I had to get a replacement shock due the installation kit missing from one of them. That order shipped yesterday from Pennsylvania and should arriving in Florida Tuesday.

Mhorton814

Reaction score
On my last Bighorn, the installer said he would place the clip @ #6. Anything below that would still allow for a small rake. For me it was perfect and I will have it installed at the same setting on the Laramie once the shocks arrive. They also advised that there was no need for new UCA’s.
Awesome, thank you for the reply!

Jesster

Reaction score
Looks like they have warehouses throughout the US. The first order I did with them came from Georgia and received it in two days. I had to get a replacement shock due the installation kit missing from one of them. That order shipped yesterday from Pennsylvania and should arriving in Florida Tuesday.
Yup, mine shipped from PA yesterday also, but are delayed now. Probably weather related.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

puba08

Reaction score
You guys know Eibachs do the same thing as the Bilsteins right? You don’t have to wait. The ride is the same. I’ve had both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Users who are viewing this thread