5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bilstein 6112 on highest setting

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It's been explained to ypus several times now. The only thing that was being discussed was suspension. Not ORG package lists . The org suspension is Bilstein 4600 shocks with 1 inch longer coils. Remove them and its a standard suspension. If you want to play gotcha games be my guest. You are still incorrect on the suspension.
I'm not incorrect. You added the Bilstiens to a ORG truck and you will only get 2.2" of lift over what you had before. Saying it's a 2.6" lift is incorrect.

But I digress. Go on thinking whatever you want to think, then have peoplez with ORG trucks, upset when they don't get an additional 2.6" of lift based on your suggestion.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
No. It's 2
2 on clip 7
It's 2.6 at clip 8
Sorry, my mistake. 2" max lift for ORG trucks, and 2.6 for non-ORG. Once again, the lift is based on factory ride height, for your truck, not how other trucks are optioned.

H2OMAN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sorry, my mistake. 2" max lift for ORG trucks, and 2.6 for non-ORG. Once again, the lift is based on factory ride height, for your truck, not how other trucks are optioned.
No. Once you remove the ORG suspension it is whatever you get on the new suspension. 2.6 inches at clip #8. Not 2.6 +1. You may be mistaking the 6112's for the 5100's. If that's what you mean then you are exactly right because you use the factory coils with the 5100's. The 6112's use their own coil and you toss the factory coils in the trash(or wherever).

Last edited:

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
No. Once you remove the ORG suspension it is whatever you get on the new suspension. 2.6 inches at clip #8. Not 2.6 +1. You may be mistaking the 6112's for the 5100's. If that's what you mean then you are exactly right because you use the factory coils with the 5100's. The 6112's use there own coil and you toss the factory coils in the trash(or wherever).
That's not how it works. But you do you man

cskindt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Much appreciated. Looks great. Want to replicate this but I have 20inch rims. Did you have to offset the wheels?
Thanks!
No, I had my original 20s on after the level/lift. I bought NE Rebel takeoffs because I wanted 18s ,then added BORA spacers to look cool like @HSKR R/T . 1" rear/0.75" front.

Ccm12

Reaction score
Thanks!
No, I had my original 20s on after the level/lift. I bought NE Rebel takeoffs because I wanted 18s ,then added BORA spacers to look cool like @HSKR R/T . 1" rear/0.75" front.
I wonder if 295/70/20 would fit.

Ccm12

Reaction score
You would need a 6" lift to fit they tire. Or extensive trimming of front wheel wells
Thanks. Clearly learning here.
Looks choices that would fit with 2.5 lift are
295/60/20
295/65/20
285/65/20
That sound right?

SuperLunchbox

Reaction score

What size tires are you running? I have a set of rebel wheels like that and tires from a rebel. I can’t remember the size but they are stock rebel size which equates to a narrow 33” tire. I want to do a similar lift but am afraid the tires will look too small. I’ve got Bilstein 6112s set at 2.6” of lift with 5160s in the rear on the billstein 6112 lift springs to match.

I don’t want to size up any further on the tires, I’ve got 3.21 gears and imo think it’s already geared too high for the tires off the rebel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ccm12

Reaction score
What size tires are you running? I have a set of rebel wheels like that and tires from a rebel. I can’t remember the size but they are stock rebel size which equates to a narrow 33” tire. I want to do a similar lift but am afraid the tires will look too small. I’ve got Bilstein 6112s set at 2.6” of lift with 5160s in the rear on the billstein 6112 lift springs to match.

I don’t want to size up any further on the tires, I’ve got 3.21 gears and imo think it’s already geared too high for the tires off the rebel.

Attachments

• IMG_6560.jpeg
    IMG_6560.jpeg
    294.8 KB · Views: 28

cskindt

Ram Guru
Reaction score

295/70 on the rebel wheels.

EricBrums89

Reaction score
Explaining your opinion doesn't make it correct.
Hey HSKR, let me see if I can help you explain this to H2OMAN because clearly he isn’t getting it.

The ORG group adds 1” to the front and the back compared to the non-ORG group due to the springs. So yes, you lose the ORG spring when you replace with 6112s. If you put 6112s on a non-ORG and an ORG, the front will sit at the same height. So the only way that they can both sit at the same height is if the non-ORG gains more lift. The rear is an inch higher for ORG too but the front will be the same.

H2OMAN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey HSKR, let me see if I can help you explain this to H2OMAN because clearly he isn’t getting it.

The ORG group adds 1” to the front and the back compared to the non-ORG group due to the springs. So yes, you lose the ORG spring when you replace with 6112s. If you put 6112s on a non-ORG and an ORG, the front will sit at the same height. So the only way that they can both sit at the same height is if the non-ORG gains more lift. The rear is an inch higher for ORG too but the front will be the same.
This is precisely what I said. Thanks for verifying.

Users who are viewing this thread