5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bilstein 6112 on highest setting

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hey HSKR, let me see if I can help you explain this to H2OMAN because clearly he isn’t getting it.

The ORG group adds 1” to the front and the back compared to the non-ORG group due to the springs. So yes, you lose the ORG spring when you replace with 6112s. If you put 6112s on a non-ORG and an ORG, the front will sit at the same height. So the only way that they can both sit at the same height is if the non-ORG gains more lift. The rear is an inch higher for ORG too but the front will be the same.
Its a waste of time. He doesn't understand that the static starting height is what you base the lift level off of. An ORG truck starts off at X heights a non ORG truck starts a Y height. Then you measure from there to determine the actual lift amount you achieved. Yo don't measure the lift in a ORG truck from the non ORG Y starting point.

H2OMAN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Its a waste of time. He doesn't understand that the static starting height is what you base the lift level off of. An ORG truck starts off at X heights a non ORG truck starts a Y height. Then you measure from there to determine the actual lift amount you achieved. Yo don't measure the lift in a ORG truck from the non ORG Y starting point.
Once again, I did not say this. I will explain one last time. If you have an ORG suspension you have one more inch of lift over a non-ORG. If you remove your suspension on an ORG truck and replace it with an aftermarket suspension, DO NOT ADD 1 INCH OF LIFT IN YOUR HEAD. It doesn't exist. I will use my own as an example. I removed my stock Rebel suspension. Now I do not have an extra 1 inch of lift. then I added an aftermarket suspension. My new suspension height is whatever the aftermarket suspension is. Not plus one inch. I'm sorry that the public education system is so bad. This is the last time I'm explaining it.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Once again, I did not say this. I will explain one last time. If you have an ORG suspension you have one more inch of lift over a non-ORG. If you remove your suspension on an ORG truck and replace it with an aftermarket suspension, DO NOT ADD 1 INCH OF LIFT IN YOUR HEAD. It doesn't exist. I will use my own as an example. I removed my stock Rebel suspension. Now I do not have an extra 1 inch of lift. then I added an aftermarket suspension. My new suspension height is whatever the aftermarket suspension is. Not plus one inch. I'm sorry that the public education system is so bad. This is the last time I'm explaining it.
Actually, the lift would be minus 1" from what you think it is because the truck started out at X heights not Y height. Doesn't matter if you remove the ORG springs. As shown in install instructions for the 6112. Clip 3 is stock height for a ORG truck, but gives .7" lift on a non-ORG truck. It doesn't mean your ORG truck has a .7" lift when you install the 6112 on clip 3
Screenshot_20231207-193504.png

Users who are viewing this thread