5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bilstein 5100

Joeyp

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone finding better pricing than this? $379.96

Reaction score
They will not work on the front of your Rebel. The front B5100s do not come with spring seats and you have to reuse the ones from your OEM units. The B5100s are designed to accept the spring seats from non-ORP and ORP shocks. The Rebel spring seats are too big. That is why they are not listed for the Rebel application.
If you can get your hands on an ORP strut/spring then you could use them with the B5100s and sell your OEM Bilsteins.
Thank you. Back to the drawing board...

hustlinowl

Reaction score
Do you know what the shop had to do to the caliper to make them fit? I'm assuming grinding some of it down. I really want to run these wheels but don't want to run into major fitment issues.

They told me they ground it down 1/8 inch and then sprayed the caliper with something to make sure it didn't rust. I find it odd that only 1 of the 4 wheels had an issue.

The shop I went to is well respected in my area and have heard nothing but good things about them so I assumed the grinding wasn't a concern.

GraniteRam

Reaction score
They told me they ground it down 1/8 inch and then sprayed the caliper with something to make sure it didn't rust. I find it odd that only 1 of the 4 wheels had an issue.

The shop I went to is well respected in my area and have heard nothing but good things about them so I assumed the grinding wasn't a concern.
Thanks. I find that odd also but I guess it's to be expected in this day and age of mass production.

67 RT

Reaction score
Looks great. What is your wheel / tire setup? (tire size, offset, etc.)
Thanks!
I went with the 5100’s set at 6.
20x9 +1 Fuel Contra in Gloss Black Milled
305/55/20 Nitto G2’s. These are the XL load version.

My weight of my set up did not change. Previous wheel tire combo (22” sport wheels with the Goodyear’s) was about a pound heavier. So I don’t notice any difference in the performance of the truck, only ride characteristics which seem to be better over the potholed broken winter roads we have around here now.

Last edited:

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks!
20x9 Fuel Contra in Gloss Black Milled

My weigh of my set up did not change. Previous wheel tire combo (22” sport wheels with the Goodyear’s) was about a pound heavier. So I don’t notice any difference in the performance of the truck, only ride characteristics which seem to be better over the potholed broken winter roads we have around here now.
Wheel offset?

GraniteRam

Reaction score
Thanks!

My weight of my set up did not change. Previous wheel tire combo (22” sport wheels with the Goodyear’s) was about a pound heavier. So I don’t notice any difference in the performance of the truck, only ride characteristics which seem to be better over the potholed broken winter roads we have around here now.
What was the weight of the 22's and Goodyear's?

R

Rob5589

Most likely they just removed some of the cast flashing. Not an issue.

texasvolfan15

Reaction score
Thanks!

That’s great to hear, those are the exact tires I’m wanting to go with and was a bit worried switching from the highway tires. Are you flush or just a little bit of poke with the wheels now?

GraniteRam

Reaction score
That’s great to hear, those are the exact tires I’m wanting to go with and was a bit worried switching from the highway tires. Are you flush or just a little bit of poke with the wheels now?
Looks like the tread is even with the flare or just inside the flare 1/2"-1".

67 RT

Reaction score
I’ll take a pic tomorrow for you with a down the line shot, but the front is out more than back. I’d say it is .5 inch poke in front and almost flush in back. Exactly what I wanted. I used the online fitment calculators to figure it out. I had the whole rig up to 90 today on the interstate and other than feeling like I’m riding higher, it was like stock with only a marginal difference in tire noise.

rrjjpp74

Reaction score
Will these work with the 3.5 inch lift on and add any improvement?

rrjjpp74

Reaction score
I hope so or wondering if anyone makes a coilover setup yet.

RebelWraith

Polymath
Reaction score
Will these work with the 3.5 inch lift on and add any improvement?
Should work. If you have non-ORP front springs then set the B5100s for setting #7 and that would net you 2.6" of lift over stock. Then you could find a .5" top hate spacer. You would be able to ditch the pre-load spacer this way.

Did the Readylift kit provide a true 3.5" or was it closer to 3"? I think that 3.1" could be done rather easy and more than likely ride better than the Readylift kit.

Users who are viewing this thread