5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bilstein 5100 vs spacer level

RedRaider91

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I’ve been reading some of the topics on leveling kits and lifts and I keep coming across Ready Lift spacer (top hat) with different uca’s and the bilstein 5100 struts.
Would the 5100’s really give you a 2” lift up front? Is there a need to change anything else when adding these or just the struts?

And finally, which of the two kits provide the better ride? Looking to stay as smooth as possible.
Or is there now a better overall kit that would level the front of my rebel?
Most likely I won’t want to go any higher than making the rake disappear so I’m assuming 2” or 2.5” would do it.
Thanks guys

puba08

Reaction score
Do you have air ride? Different ballgame if you do. If you don’t, Go with either the 5100’s or the Eibachs. Much better ride than spacers. Just remember a Rebel is 1” taller than stock, so setting an adjustable shock at 2.1” or 1.8” will essentially give you 3” of lift.
You don’t need to touch the rear. New UCA’s are not really needed, but isn’t a bad idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

RedRaider91

Reaction score
I do not have air ride. That’s good to know though. Obviously a huge benefit to these trucks is their ride quality so I want to keep it as good or better than stock. Adjustable will be the way I go then!
Thank you I appreciate it

RedRaider91

Reaction score
Hey puba08,
Sorry to bother ya with this again but you said I wouldn’t need to touch the rear. I wouldn’t need to run 5160’s in the back? I’m seeing guys are running those. Is that because they lifted the rear as well?

puba08

Reaction score
Hey puba08,
Sorry to bother ya with this again but you said I wouldn’t need to touch the rear. I wouldn’t need to run 5160’s in the back? I’m seeing guys are running those. Is that because they lifted the rear as well?

You don’t need to touch the rear if you want it level (you can add shocks if you want). I have a 2020 1500 BTS w/ ORG. I put Eibachs in and set them at 1.8”. With the ORG it netted approximately 3”. I didn’t touch the rear and I’m level. I did install Zone UCA’s as well.
4f5bd5900b600369f81a543aec8cf812.jpg
fa6fe752e5fb0a4eef90892dd2a4e959.jpg

H2OMAN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't believe bilstein makes a 5100 RHA for the 5 Gen Rams.

RebelWraith

Polymath
Reaction score

H2OMAN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Very cool. they aren't listed on their site. Only the 6112's. Thanks. I was going to go with the Eibachs but now I'll go Bilstein.

MPDamon

Reaction score
So I know nothing at all about leveling/lifting so sorry in advance. I have a 2021 Ram Rebel that I would like to level. Would just like some advice on what I should go with and if there are any pros or cons. Reading above it sounds like the ride will be about the same. Thanks!

H2OMAN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ride Height Adjustable Shocks such as bilstein, Fox, Eibach etc is the way to go. They don't change your front end geometry but will increase your approach angles and give a nice progressive ride. Spacers will kill your front end. Oh, and Rancho is crap so stay away from it.

RebelWraith

Polymath
Reaction score
The Bilsteins will stiffen up your ride depending on which adjustment you go with as you are preloading the spring the further you go up the shock body.

Last edited:

MPDamon

Reaction score
The Bilsteins will stiffen up your ride depending on which adjustmment you go with as you are preloading the spring the further you go up the shock body.

So I should go with another brand?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

H2OMAN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had them at the highest setting on my 2012. Off Road the faster you went the smoother the ride. It is Bilstein racing technology. You'll love them.

Makeitrain

Reaction score
I have the Bilstein 5100's on all 4, front is on the 5th setting which pretty much leveled my 2020 Rebel. I had a 2" rake before installing them. My ride has not changed at all, if anything I feel it's a little more comfortable, not noticing some of the bumps in roads that I used to notice. I also know Waterfowler41 has them on his Rebel and is very happy with them. No ride difference at all....

RebelWraith

Polymath
Reaction score
So I should go with another brand?

It's not a question of brand it is just a side effect of the type of system. I had the 5100s on my truck and removed them and tried the 6100s. Removed those as well. Now using FOX racing 2.5 DSC coilovers.

MPDamon

Reaction score
It's not a question of brand it is just a side effect of the type of system. I had the 5100s on my truck and removed them and tried the 6100s. Removed those as well. Now using FOX racing 2.5 DSC coilovers.

So what did you not like about the 5100s and the 6100’s vs what you have now?

MPDamon

Reaction score
Also after a quick search it looks like the Rebel comes with bilstein shocks stock. What are those that are on there?

Thekidcasual

Reaction score
You don’t need to touch the rear if you want it level (you can add shocks if you want). I have a 2020 1500 BTS w/ ORG. I put Eibachs in and set them at 1.8”. With the ORG it netted approximately 3”. I didn’t touch the rear and I’m level. I did install Zone UCA’s as well.
4f5bd5900b600369f81a543aec8cf812.jpg
fa6fe752e5fb0a4eef90892dd2a4e959.jpg

What size tires are you running? And was there any rubbing or trimming that had to be done

Users who are viewing this thread