5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bilstein 5100 Leveling Questions

BB5G

Reaction score
Well I asked to make it level, but they said 6, yet I see 6 lines under seat, so it's set on #7. Which after contacting bilstein, they said was fine to be at 7.
Im wodering if they did the 7th cause you dont have the ORP springs which from what i understand are 1" taller..... Im going to buy the ORP springs for it before i put mine on i think. can you post a picture before and after?

Ryncody

Reaction score
Im wodering if they did the 7th cause you dont have the ORP springs which from what i understand are 1" taller..... Im going to buy the ORP springs for it before i put mine on i think. can you post a picture before and after?
I called dealer and they say I have the stock oem on org springs. Idk, It's stuck at dealer getting a 3 weeks wind noise out, I think atleast. The pic is with bilstein and nothing in rear, I'll post one with the rear done too. IMG_20210627_102653.jpg

Ibanez540r

Reaction score
Ryncody - Just to confirm, that is a non-ORP with 5100s all around, front set at #7, rear with ORP springs? If so been looking for an example of this setup for a while. How's the ride?

What size tires?

Ryncody

Reaction score
Ryncody - Just to confirm, that is a non-ORP with 5100s all around, front set at #7, rear with ORP springs? If so been looking for an example of this setup for a while. How's the ride?

What size tires?
Stock rear springs. Non org, I have a coil spacer in rear. Either I need ucas or I'm gonna dropped down a line to 6 and take rear out and install 1" springs.

Reaction score
Okay, sounds like us ORG guys are going with the spring seat aligned with ring #5 and should expect a pretty level rake when the install is complete. Wonder what the distance between the shock rings are and how that dimensions affects the lift height? Great thread, I really like super smooth.

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Okay, sounds like us ORG guys are going with the spring seat aligned with ring #5 and should expect a pretty level rake when the install is complete. Wonder what the distance between the shock rings are and how that dimensions affects the lift height? Great thread, I really like super smooth.
Each clip is at half inch increments. ORG trucks are not to go beyond clip 5. I left mines at 4 which left about a half inch of rake. For some reason, crew cabs with 6.4 beds and the ORP seem to have more rake than everyone else. But, I wanted just a bit of rake left, and have heard some with ride issues going to clip 5 with the ORP.
Below is the install manual page that shows the ring position and height differences.
Love the ride, pretty stock feel. But if I had to do it all again, I prolly go full kit. Good luck👍

Attachments

• 561447DE-CA7C-46FC-A6D5-B5E2DC64BBC6.png
    561447DE-CA7C-46FC-A6D5-B5E2DC64BBC6.png
    148.3 KB · Views: 59
Reaction score
I was investigating the part numbers for the ORG Upper Control Arms and it does appear that my 2019 DT Laramie ORG has a different upper control arm than the 2020+. It also appears the UCA's on the 2020+ are the same control arms used with the Mopar 2" Lift. I will be ordering the new UCA's to pair with the Bilsteins to level out the truck. So the plan is to upgrade UCA's to Mopar. Manufacturer Part Number: 68323530AA 68323531AA and go with the Bilsteins 5100 adjustable front shocks. Will post back when complete. Need a Black Friday deal on those shocks, wow.

Users who are viewing this thread