5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bilstein 5100 advice- Don’t buy new UCA’s

Ramdo

Reaction score
Do you have pictures of the shock installed? Something isn't right. I believe setting 5 should still leave you with a small amount of rake.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
3E2BF383-F113-4451-9C3C-7FEF1B8CF51C.jpeg
from my understanding, setting 5 on normal springs would leave rake, but with ORP it is super close. It may be thatthe truck is completely level, but the lines (and high clearance bumper) make it look nose high.

judsonlimited

Reaction score
So I ended up doing the bilsteins at notch 5, this is how mine sits.

60bf4145c8d4ae39c35ac0ac93612f31.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ff13375

Reaction score
Before and after. 2020 ram V6 stock 275/65/18
Front
Bilstein front setting 5
Add OPR springs
Mopar lift UCA
Rear
Bilstein shock
Motofab 2in spacer
Ready lift bump stop extender
Front 39 3/4
Rear 40 3/4 20201014_173340.jpg 20201014_173318.jpg

Last edited:

H2OMAN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The issue with the UCA's on lifted trucks isn't necessarily while the suspension is at a normal resting/driving position. The issues happen when the wheels hit full droop and the stock UCA doesn't have enough articulation and could potentially pop the ball joint out of the socket.

If you aren't offroading a whole lot, or don't think you're going to experience a situation where your front suspension would be in full droop, then I agree that new UCA's probably aren't needed. But for $100 for both, I feel like the Mopar 2" lift UCA's are pretty cheap insurance.
^^^ this.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If I could do it over, I would have gone with level 4 on my ORP instead of level 5. Level 5 has left me looking almost nose high (even after 9,000 miles and settling). I think level 4 would have fallen perfectly at about where I would want to be.
I realize this is an old post/thread. The Zone Off-road UCAs add an extra 1/2" of lift above what the Bilstiens give you. This is why your truck sits level and almost seems nose high. I added a 1" lift puck in the rear to compensate. This was easier than pulling the Bilstiens to lower them a notch, and just gave a better stance.

H2OMAN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I realize this is an old post/thread. The Zone Off-road UCAs add an extra 1/2" of lift above what the Bilstiens give you. This is why your truck sits level and almost seems nose high. I added a 1" lift puck in the rear to compensate. This was easier than pulling the Bilstiens to lower them a notch, and just gave a better stance.
I don't see anywhere where it says Zone UCA's add another 1/2 inch of lift. Can you verify where you found this?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I don't see anywhere where it says Zone UCA's add another 1/2 inch of lift. Can you verify where you found this?
I found this by installing them on my truck. And doing before and after measurements

Users who are viewing this thread