5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bike Rack with Mopar Pickup Box Utility Rails

jrmitt808

Reaction score
For all the bike riders, road or mountain. I just installed a bike rack in my bed in which I can still use my tonneau cover without having to take it out.

Here is what you need.

1. Mopar Pickup Box Utility Rails
Part #82215285AB – 5’7” Conventional Bed
Part #82215286AB – 6’4” Conventional Bed

2. INNO Racks - Truck Bed Rack System - Set of 4 Pickup Truck Rack Stays with C-Channel Track Systems (purchase on Amazon) $107.99

3. INNO Square Base Bars for Roof or Truck Bed Rack Systems (65") (purchase on Amazon) $79.99

4. RockyMounts JetLine (purchase on Amazon) $97.59

Thats it! Check it out...

1542132710332.png

1542132730896.png

1542132749750.png

1542132771294.png

Billet1500 4x4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For all the bike riders, road or mountain. I just installed a bike rack in my bed in which I can still use my tonneau cover without having to take it out.

Here is what you need.

2. INNO Racks - Truck Bed Rack System - Set of 4 Pickup Truck Rack Stays with C-Channel Track Systems (purchase on Amazon) $107.99

3. INNO Square Base Bars for Roof or Truck Bed Rack Systems (65") (purchase on Amazon) $79.99

View attachment 8136

View attachment 8137

View attachment 8138

View attachment 8139
Nice High tower LT. I've been looking at those rails trying to figure out how I want to put a rack in there. I don't have a bed cover so I'm not worried about height. I need to fit 2 bikes A Santa Cruz Bronson and Scott Genius but I want to leave the front wheels on them.

jrmitt808

Reaction score
Nice High tower LT. I've been looking at those rails trying to figure out how I want to put a rack in there. I don't have a bed cover so I'm not worried about height. I need to fit 2 bikes A Santa Cruz Bronson and Scott Genius but I want to leave the front wheels on them.

Thanks! love the bike, I got it in Feb and had a hardtail prior, never going back. Bronson was my second choice, great 27.5 bike. I wanted the 29er which is why I like the Hightower LT.

As for the rack if you go with the Mopar Sport Utility Bars Part Number: 82215789, you should be fine. it sits higher in the bed which allows you to put two or three https://www.evo.com/roof-mount-tracks/thule-sidearm-universal-bike-rack. I was going to do this but wanted to keep a rack in there and still have my tonneau cover over it.

Billet1500 4x4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks! love the bike, I got it in Feb and had a hardtail prior, never going back. Bronson was my second choice, great 27.5 bike. I wanted the 29er which is why I like the Hightower LT.

As for the rack if you go with the Mopar Sport Utility Bars Part Number: 82215789, you should be fine. it sits higher in the bed which allows you to put two or three https://www.evo.com/roof-mount-tracks/thule-sidearm-universal-bike-rack. I was going to do this but wanted to keep a rack in there and still have my tonneau cover over it.
Yeah, I'm a 27.5 guy I ride some technical stuff from time to time and like the smaller wheels for that. My last truck had a revolver X2 cover on it and if I took both the front wheels off and stacked everything in the bed just right I could close the cover and lock everything up which I did if we were staying overnight somewhere and couldn't keep the bikes inside with us. 12 grand in bikes visible in the back of a truck doesn't make for a good nights sleep. My recommendation for your rear shock, since it looks like a fox CTD, Get the corset aircan from Vorsprung. Greatly improves the rear end small bump sensitivity on a santa cruz VPP rear. Cheap and easy to change. I did the corset on the rear and luftkapp for the front fork and the difference was drastic. Nice truck and nice bike bud.

jrmitt808

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm a 27.5 guy I ride some technical stuff from time to time and like the smaller wheels for that. My last truck had a revolver X2 cover on it and if I took both the front wheels off and stacked everything in the bed just right I could close the cover and lock everything up which I did if we were staying overnight somewhere and couldn't keep the bikes inside with us. 12 grand in bikes visible in the back of a truck doesn't make for a good nights sleep. My recommendation for your rear shock, since it looks like a fox CTD, Get the corset aircan from Vorsprung. Greatly improves the rear end small bump sensitivity on a santa cruz VPP rear. Cheap and easy to change. I did the corset on the rear and luftkapp for the front fork and the difference was drastic. Nice truck and nice bike bud.

Thanks bro and also for the advise...I’ll look into that. I do a couple races a year and found that the 29er could be beneficial especially for the long haul ones. Actually the reason I went with a full suspension. Did a 6 hour race with a hardtail and I was toast. If it was flat lands I’d be okay but there were a bit of technical trails added to it.

mtstitch

Reaction score
I like your setup, how is your system doing so far? I have always used Thule stuff in the past and not familiar with INNO. I have read reviews that say the bars are flimsy, any issues?

MrHankbot

I AM A ROBOT
Reaction score

Here is what you need.

View attachment 8136

View attachment 8137

View attachment 8138

View attachment 8139

I've had the Amazon page open to the Inno adapters since you made this thread. I've really been thinking about picking these up, but like the previous poster, I would love an update before I pull the trigger.

The only other thing slowing me down is having kayaks I want to transport too, and I'm not sure that these would haul them without a hitch mounted support arm.

First world problems. Amiright?

jrmitt808

Reaction score
I like your setup, how is your system doing so far? I have always used Thule stuff in the past and not familiar with INNO. I have read reviews that say the bars are flimsy, any issues?

So far so good. But due to it being winter I haven’t gone out too much. As far as it being flimsy not the case for me. I had a Thule roof rack on my last truck and it felt a lot more flimsy then this rack. I didn’t like how Thule did not have fasteners on the bar. Which the INNO does.

jrmitt808

Reaction score
I've had the Amazon page open to the Inno adapters since you made this thread. I've really been thinking about picking these up, but like the previous poster, I would love an update before I pull the trigger.

The only other thing slowing me down is having kayaks I want to transport too, and I'm not sure that these would haul them without a hitch mounted support arm.

First world problems. Amiright?

Unfortunately I only use this to mount for my bike rack. As far as a kayak rack not sure. If it requires the same type of setup you should be fine. Just not sure how you would mount a kayak in your bed, unless you have the long bed. If you want I can always post more pics and angles to your choosing for both you guys.

Rebel 4x4

Reaction score
@jrmitt808
Hey bro I got the ram rebel 2019 with the tie down utility rails system for the truck 82215285ab I already have the truck bed installed my question what did you do to pound those female screws in did you use a mallet to pound them in with like a block of wood pics below

Attachments

• AF5C1EBF-43E3-4FCB-91F6-5EB7153EC7FC.jpeg
    AF5C1EBF-43E3-4FCB-91F6-5EB7153EC7FC.jpeg
    625 KB · Views: 129
  • 8B702578-BADE-46ED-8668-10BB3C513381.jpeg
    8B702578-BADE-46ED-8668-10BB3C513381.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 116

wildh24

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I do a lot of mtb and travel. The utility rail was a selling point for me actually. Lots of versatility there.

Was working on my rack set up tonight. Truck gets in this weekend and I'll post some pictures. I thought about it too hard for too long and think I've come up with a very robust and versatile system.

Happy pedaling. It's friggin cold and icy here!

OuachitaAdventure

Reaction score
@jrmitt808
Hey bro I got the ram rebel 2019 with the tie down utility rails system for the truck 82215285ab I already have the truck bed installed my question what did you do to pound those female screws in did you use a mallet to pound them in with like a block of wood pics below

I just used my thumbs, but I didn’t have the spray in bed liner and I had sore thumbs after all 16.... I think a mallet should work fine.

jrmitt808

Reaction score
@jrmitt808

Yeah man, it was a pain in the *** but yes i used the mallet. hard part was holding the female screws. used needle nose pliars and hammered it in. I too have the liner.

RamLay

Reaction score

Here is what you need.

View attachment 8136

View attachment 8137

View attachment 8138

View attachment 8139
So crazy question here, would there be any reason the bars and mounts could not be hung upside down to reduce height?

gibbynd

Reaction score
@jrmitt808
i had to use a drill bit to slightly enlarge. The spray in liner caused that. Took just any hair off, as able to get the end to sit thn used a hammer

colo-pr

Reaction score
@jrmitt808

Did any of you guys know where I can purchase those female screws that Rebel 4x4 circle in the instructions? Or something similar?

Im working on the project of OnBoard air in my Laramie 2019 and I am installing the air tank and compressor in the wall of the bed. My plan is to attach a piece of steel/wood using those holes and then on top install compressor, tank etc. By previous experiences just using a screw doesnt work because they come out and the perfect option will be screw and bolt in the other side but I dont see how to gain access there, so, have those female screws will make my project very easy.

Any other advice of how to bolt something to the bed wall that stays there and doesnt come out is greatly appreciated.

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Did any of you guys know where I can purchase those female screws that Rebel 4x4 circle in the instructions? Or something similar?
Was just wondering the same thing...
AB9FD960-F132-437C-A9F1-81001856E3AD.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread