5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BigHorn wheels- market is crashing

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

This just posted on craigslist. Not connected to and not looking to help the person. The point being the $250 sale price. See how long it lasts! Tempted to see if TPMS and lug nuts included but that ain't right.

Dex17

Reaction score
I took off my 18" wheels and tires w/ TPMS and upgraded to 20's right when I bought my 2022 1500. Posted the 18's on marketplace for $500. Figured they would go quickly given the tires had less than 100 miles on them. They sat in my shed for two weeks. Not a single person reached out. I honestly thought about paying to get the tires off the rims. Finally some dude hit me up and asked if I could do 350...at that point it was like 3 weeks since posting them online and I just wanted them gone so I agreed. Dude said he was gonna use them as spares for his beater that he barely uses

Richard320

Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
Sometimes you need the storage space more than the money.

I bought 4 without TPMS but with only 200 miles on them for $300 a few years ago. I wouldn't have if my mother-in-law didn't have room in her storage locker for them.

Jako

Reaction score
Sometimes you need the storage space more than the money.

I bought 4 without TPMS but with only 200 miles on them for $300 a few years ago. I wouldn't have if my mother-in-law didn't have room in her storage locker for them.
Close to 3' X 3' X 4' and 70 lbs+ each, plus there are some steps recommended by the manufacturers.

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I finally sold mine yesterday afternoon. 18" base Bighorn wheels with the Goodyear Wrangler tires. Wheels and tires only had 1200 miles on them. No TPMS, no lug nuts. They sat in my garage from August or September of 2021 until now. Once I dropped them to $300, I started getting offers but most of them were bull****. I seriously had people offering me like $75-$100 lol. The guy that did end buying them paid my full $300 asking price. He said he owned a wheel/tire business and should be able to turn a profit on them by piecing everything out separately. I told him have at it. I'm sure there is some money there to be made doing it that way, but I don't have the time or room available to pursue that route. I was more than happy to let him have them for $300!

Jako

Reaction score
I finally sold mine yesterday afternoon. 18" base Bighorn wheels with the Goodyear Wrangler tires. Wheels and tires only had 1200 miles on them. No TPMS, no lug nuts. They sat in my garage from August or September of 2021 until now. Once I dropped them to $300, I started getting offers but most of them were bull****. I seriously had people offering me like $75-$100 lol. The guy that did end buying them paid my full $300 asking price. He said he owned a wheel/tire business and should be able to turn a profit on them by piecing everything out separately. I told him have at it. I'm sure there is some money there to be made doing it that way, but I don't have the time or room available to pursue that route. I was more than happy to let him have them for $300!
And so the story goes for the 18" Bighorn wheels. I'm inclined to think there is value in just having one as a spare (if you use those wheels) and do a 5 tire rotation. Makes life easy if you destroy a wheel/tire down the road.

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
And so the story goes for the 18" Bighorn wheels. I'm inclined to think there is value in just having one as a spare (if you use those wheels) and do a 5 tire rotation. Makes life easy if you destroy a wheel/tire down the road.
Yeah, I could definitely see that. I debated hanging on to all of them and just buying a wall mounted tire rack to get them up off the ground, but I knew there was very little chance of me actually using them before the tires went bad. It got to a point to where I'd much rather have the garage space back. I never anticipated it being as hard as it was to move them though. I think the switch from 5 lug to a 6 lug pattern also ruled out some of the potential buyers, thus lowering the demand even more. Well that, and maybe the fact that they are just butt ugly wheels too haha.

mla413

Reaction score
I sent an email to the guy in the OP from Craigslist. Haven’t heard back. Told him I’d come and pick them up for asking price.

Users who are viewing this thread