5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BigHorn - Patriot

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Installed a Dual Battery with a REDARC Smart Start® SBI12 microprocessor-controlled battery isolator which protects the start battery from excessive discharge, while allowing the auxiliary battery to supply charge to non-essential loads.

It is used as a solenoid that provides 12V DC to the secondary battery, when the Starter battery has over 13.7 Volts.

When the voltage of the starter battery falls below 13.7 V it disconnects the two batteries and isolates the second battery from the starter battery so that the starter battery remains full, while you can run your accessories off the auxiliary battery without worries.
REDARC_Installed_Top_View.png
REDARC_SBI12_Box.png

For more information about this install view this thread:

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Painted a Cosplay Captain America Shield to match the color theme of the truck and mounted it to the bike rack.

The Patriot Shield has been deployed. ! ! :cool:
Patriot_Shield_Back.jpg

Patriot_Shield_Above.jpg

Ram Patriot

Finn5033

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Damn that is cool looking. I really like those headlights and they are reasonably priced. Are they plug and play? If not what did you have to do to use them and get the DRL’s to work?

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Damn that is cool looking. I really like those headlights and they are reasonably priced. Are they plug and play? If not what did you have to do to use them and get the DRL’s to work?
No, they are not plug & Play.

For the DRL's to work you have to run a separate wire harness to your fuse box.

I used the F60 Fuse Tap in the fuse box under the hood. : ECM / PCM / ACT Short Running Valve.

Since this is a critical fuse I decided to use a fuse tap so that the tap was clean.
Our trucks use the Micro 2 Fuse
You can pick one up here: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LFXA5YQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Here are some pics of the install:
Ram Fuse Box Layout.jpg

RAM Fuse Box.jpg

Here is a link to the Headlights: I purchased the Black but they have three options: Black / Chrome / Jet Black
AplhaRex.com

Finn5033

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No, they are not plug & Play.

For the DRL's to work you have to run a separate wire harness to your fuse box.

I used the F60 Fuse Tap in the fuse box under the hood. : ECM / PCM / ACT Short Running Valve.

Since this is a critical fuse I decided to use a fuse tap so that the tap was clean.
Our trucks use the Micro 2 Fuse
You can pick one up here: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LFXA5YQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Here are some pics of the install:
Ram Fuse Box Layout.jpg

RAM Fuse Box.jpg

Here is a link to the Headlights: I purchased the Black but they have three options: Black / Chrome / Jet Black
AplhaRex.com
Thank you very much for the information. I’ve been wanting a headlight upgrade but didn’t want to spend $1,500

5thGenRebel_AMK

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Here is a shot of the RAM Airflow washable filter.
View attachment 56697
How do you like this? Is it loud? I’d love to install this to have some more growl and compliment my exhaust. It’s a little expensive but my understanding is that you Shouldn’t have any warranty issues with it since it’s mopar, so to me it’d be worth it

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How do you like this? Is it loud? I’d love to install this to have some more growl and compliment my exhaust. It’s a little expensive but my understanding is that you Shouldn’t have any warranty issues with it since it’s mopar, so to me it’d be worth it
I have been very pleased with the performance of the Ram Airflow. (y)

In my opinion it is quieter than any K&N or AFE that I have had on previous vehicles with better airflow and throttle response.

Users who are viewing this thread