5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Biggiehorn's Build Thread

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Decided to push my Strands Siberia Pods back 1/2" to sit more flush within the SKT grille kit. This was very easy to do by taking a couple of 1/2" spacers, and adding them to the existing SKT brackets. I did have to buy longer bolts to accommodate the spacers, but I love the amount of adjustability that is built into the kit to allow adjustments like this to easily be made.

I didn't think it looked bad at all before, but I really wanted to see which look I preferred, and I personally think the flush appearance creates a cleaner look that helps the pods blend in even more.

IMG_2883.jpeg
  • SKT Customs Grille Kit with Strands Siberia QB pods pushed back with a 1/2” spacer to create a flush appearance.

Recently had a pretty cool surprise that came from the Ram Trucks Social Team. They sent me out this care package and letter which I thought was really awesome. I personally don't think that I am any more deserving from the next Ram owner, but I did really appreciate their kind gesture. The package actually arrived on my birthday, which I couldn't help but feel like that timing made it even more special lol.

10A19064-A59F-4224-95A5-FFB2720FB91D.jpeg
E8B72565-0E3A-4317-8CFF-45AF24C7BA8D.jpeg

I have a couple things in the works, that I hope to provide an update on soon, but will leave off with a few more recent photos for now.

IMG_2987.jpeg
0BFA5D00-643E-47D1-8D63-19ABDA09DDB4.jpeg
  • Took the truck out to Daytona Beach for Mother’s Day with some family and friends and had a great time. That was actually my first time getting this truck out on the sand and it was a blast cruising along the shoreline. We’ll be visiting again in a few weeks and I hope to get back out there for another cruise.
IMG_3027.jpeg
  • Figured I’d drop one I took of my buddy’s Titan Pro4X. I feel like these trucks are so under appreciated. He’s actually rolling on my old Fuel Rebel wheels and man I think they look great on the Titan platform!
IMG_2981.jpeg
  • This is probably my new favorite photo that I have taken of the truck. Love that aggressive look.

Last edited:

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hope everyone enjoyed their 4th of July holiday! I haven't had too much going on with the truck lately, so no real update from a parts or modification standpoint. I did recently add the Muzzy's AC hack about a month or so ago just to see if it offered any improvement. With my truck being a 2021 model year, I have heard that the improvement is minimal, if any. My truck's AC wasn't bad in my opinion, but with the known issues that the 2019 and 2020 trucks have, I decided to buy the parts and see if there was any difference in performance with my 2021. For the $25 that the part costs, I'd say it is worth it. I did find 3 to 4 degrees cooler with the valve installed and closed, vs when the valve is left open. The improvement is nowhere near what the 2019 and 2020 guys are seeing due to their faulted cooling systems, but the 4 degree difference was definitely felt inside the cab. Money well spent in my opinion.

Below is some recent photos. Several of these were taken while I was out exploring some trails in the Ocala National Forest. I had a blast, but with every bump, I also had a constant reminder that I seriously need to upgrade my suspension 😂.

IMG_3183.jpeg
IMG_3263.jpeg
IMG_3264.jpeg

I take a photo of the truck every single time I park in this warehouse lol.
IMG_3394.jpeg
IMG_3582.jpeg

I do have a couple parts coming soon that I’m really looking forward to. I’ll drop an update on here as soon as I’m able.

Attachments

• IMG_3318.jpeg
    IMG_3318.jpeg
    219.7 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_3315.jpeg
    IMG_3315.jpeg
    203.5 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_3312.jpeg
    IMG_3312.jpeg
    174.8 KB · Views: 20

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Howdy! It has been a month since I last posted and I do have some updates to share. Life has been hectic, but still managing to find time to check off some Ram projects from the list! Bear with me, this will be a rather long one lol.

I'll start off with the Triple A Liners bed mat. I had one of these sent to me a few months ago and I honestly forgot to drop a post about it on here. There are a lot of rubberized bed mats on the market and I think this one is right on par with the others that I have seen. The surface is textured to prevent cargo from sliding around as easily, and the fitment is awesome thanks to them using a 3D scanner to get the sizing perfect. I love how easy it is to clean too. After a recent beach trip, a quick rinse with the hose was all it took to get it cleaned up and looking new. It is dirty in the picture below, but it’s literally the only photo I have of it right now haha. I'm actually going to be doing a giveaway on Instagram relatively soon for these.. Triple A Liners offered to give away two of these bed mats if I was interested in hosting it, and I told them absolutely! Each mat is around a $120 value. Keep an eye out on my Instagram if any interest.
IMG_4469.jpeg
The next upgrade I recently made was switching my existing Lasfit fog light bulbs out with their switchback capable version. The switchback bulbs allow you to quickly select from a 6000K white or a 3000K warm yellow. For one, I think these look awesome, but I'm also looking forward to trying these out to see how much of a difference the amber make in various weather and lighting conditions. To change the color setting, you simply cycle your fog light switch off and then back on. One minor inconvenience worth noting is that due to our trucks turning the corresponding fog light on when making a turn at night, there is a chance that your bulbs will fall out of sync when you do power them back on. I knew this going into the install, but it wasn't a huge concern for me. As long as you leave your fog lights on so that they automatically turn on with your regular headlights at night, this seems to be a non-issue. Personally, I leave my fog lights on all the time anyways, and after 2+ years of running the previous Lasfit bulbs that way, they still work just fine. I'll update if anything changes, but as of now there are no concerns with their operation or bulb life longevity.
IMG_4462.jpeg
IMG_4414.jpeg
IMG_4464.jpeg

Next up is an upgrade that was in the works for quite some time, and I'm so happy with how it turned out. GODZMFG created an underbody skid plate system for our trucks and they asked me if I would be willing to install their first kit from post production just to make sure everything aligned and fit properly. I helped them initially with this project by providing some videos and measurements for the underbody, just so they could compare it and confirm that their design would fit on all 5.7L trim levels. The kit is available in a steel or aluminum version and both will come finished with a durable black powder coating. The kit includes an engine/diff plate, a transmission plate, and a hardware kit. They also offer catalytic converter shields as an option, but those weren't ready in time when they sent this out to me. If GODZMFG sends me a set, I'll be sure to drop an update. I'm so thrilled with how this kit turned out and the fitment is incredible. I do have a discount code available if anyone is interested in grabbing one of these. Just shoot me a DM and I'd be happy to share it with you. This upgrade has motivated me to get my fuel tank skid plate installed too. I’ve had it sitting in the garage for ages now, and there is really zero excuse for that lol.

IMG_4197.jpeg
IMG_4466.jpeg
IMG_4468.jpeg

The last one is still a work in progress, and it may be a little while before it is ready to go, but I'll leave this as a cliffhanger to help build anticipation lol. The box was absolutely massive!

IMG_4368.jpeg

And one more from a recent trip to the National Forest!
DCD44BC7-18F7-4184-B86D-ECD18ECFAE5B.jpeg

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Howdy! It has been a month since I last posted and I do have some updates to share. Life has been hectic, but still managing to find time to check off some Ram projects from the list! Bear with me, this will be a rather long one lol.

I'll start off with the Triple A Liners bed mat. I had one of these sent to me a few months ago and I honestly forgot to drop a post about it on here. There are a lot of rubberized bed mats on the market and I think this one is right on par with the others that I have seen. The surface is textured to prevent cargo from sliding around as easily, and the fitment is awesome thanks to them using a 3D scanner to get the sizing perfect. I love how easy it is to clean too. After a recent beach trip, a quick rinse with the hose was all it took to get it cleaned up and looking new. It is dirty in the picture below, but it’s literally the only photo I have of it right now haha. I'm actually going to be doing a giveaway on Instagram relatively soon for these.. Triple A Liners offered to give away two of these bed mats if I was interested in hosting it, and I told them absolutely! Each mat is around a $120 value. Keep an eye out on my Instagram if any interest.
View attachment 187638
The next upgrade I recently made was switching my existing Lasfit fog light bulbs out with their switchback capable version. The switchback bulbs allow you to quickly select from a 6000K white or a 3000K warm yellow. For one, I think these look awesome, but I'm also looking forward to trying these out to see how much of a difference the amber make in various weather and lighting conditions. To change the color setting, you simply cycle your fog light switch off and then back on. One minor inconvenience worth noting is that due to our trucks turning the corresponding fog light on when making a turn at night, there is a chance that your bulbs will fall out of sync when you do power them back on. I knew this going into the install, but it wasn't a huge concern for me. As long as you leave your fog lights on so that they automatically turn on with your regular headlights at night, this seems to be a non-issue. Personally, I leave my fog lights on all the time anyways, and after 2+ years of running the previous Lasfit bulbs that way, they still work just fine. I'll update if anything changes, but as of now there are no concerns with their operation or bulb life longevity.
View attachment 187623
View attachment 187624
View attachment 187632

Next up is an upgrade that was in the works for quite some time, and I'm so happy with how it turned out. GODZMFG created an underbody skid plate system for our trucks and they asked me if I would be willing to install their first kit from post production just to make sure everything aligned and fit properly. I helped them initially with this project by providing some videos and measurements for the underbody, just so they could compare it and confirm that their design would fit on all 5.7L trim levels. The kit is available in a steel or aluminum version and both will come finished with a durable black powder coating. The kit includes an engine/diff plate, a transmission plate, and a hardware kit. They also offer catalytic converter shields as an option, but those weren't ready in time when they sent this out to me. If GODZMFG sends me a set, I'll be sure to drop an update. I'm so thrilled with how this kit turned out and the fitment is incredible. I do have a discount code available if anyone is interested in grabbing one of these. Just shoot me a DM and I'd be happy to share it with you. This upgrade has motivated me to get my fuel tank skid plate installed too. I’ve had it sitting in the garage for ages now, and there is really zero excuse for that lol.

View attachment 187634
View attachment 187635
View attachment 187637

The last one is still a work in progress, and it may be a little while before it is ready to go, but I'll leave this as a cliffhanger to help build anticipation lol. The box was absolutely massive!

View attachment 187633

And one more from a recent trip to the National Forest!
View attachment 187636
Nice update the drop in bed liner looks a lot like lasfit
IMG_8122.jpeg
Does the skid plate kit also cover the engine? (From the front most part of the bumper to the cross member?

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nice update the drop in bed liner looks a lot like lasfit
View attachment 187641
Does the skid plate kit also cover the engine? (From the front most part of the bumper to the cross member?
Agreed! I honestly think it is the exact same bed mat minus the Lasfit branding lol. Lasfit dropped theirs like a month or two after Triple A released their mat and they look to be identical from what I can tell.

As far as the skid plates go, it doesn’t extend beyond the front crossmember unfortunately. I wish it did because after pulling my active air dam and fixed valance off, I’m left with that large void underneath too. GODZ main focus on this kit was under the engine, diff and transmission to protect those vulnerable areas. I also forgot to mention that the kit will not work on any drop bracket style lifts. The frame and cross members need to be original and unmodified for this to be compatible.

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
May
Agreed! I honestly think it is the exact same bed mat minus the Lasfit branding lol. Lasfit dropped theirs like a month or two after Triple A released their mat and they look to be identical from what I can tell.

As far as the skid plates go, it doesn’t extend beyond the front crossmember unfortunately. I wish it did because after pulling my active air dam and fixed valance off, I’m left with that large void underneath too. GODZ main focus on this kit was under the engine, diff and transmission to protect those vulnerable areas. I also forgot to mention that the kit will not work on any drop bracket style lifts. The frame and cross members need to be original and unmodified for this to be compatible.
Maybe since you have a relationship with Godz you can suggest a full kit from the bumper back!? In the grand scheme of things I like the look of their kit vs the others on the market.

Users who are viewing this thread