5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Biggest tire on stock 20s Laramie with Off-road no Air

Jwebb81

Reaction score
Looking for biggest tires I can fit on my new Laramie Blackout with the off road package. Currently has those tiny 275/55s on there an looks like a kids toy. Let me know.

1997pgt

Reaction score
Well i don't know about the BIGGEST but i can tell you i just put new Cooper Discoverer AT3 XLT's on mine today in a 275/65R20 (34.1x10.8) and i have absolutely ZERO rubbing or issues, rides flawless. I do NOT have any level or lift on my truck just the factory off road package.

Attachments

• IMG_8012.jpg
    IMG_8012.jpg
    162.9 KB · Views: 210
  • IMG_8014.jpg
    IMG_8014.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 212

Kratz87

Reaction score
Well i don't know about the BIGGEST but i can tell you i just put new Cooper Discoverer AT3 XLT's on mine today in a 275/65R20 (34.1x10.8) and i have absolutely ZERO rubbing or issues, rides flawless. I do NOT have any level or lift on my truck just the factory off road package.
This looks great. You mentioned “no air”. I know the off-road package comes with a 1-in lift which probably allowed you to get the 34.1 inch size. Any idea what would be different WITH the installed air suspension along with the off-road package?

1997pgt

Reaction score
This looks great. You mentioned “no air”. I know the off-road package comes with a 1-in lift which probably allowed you to get the 34.1 inch size. Any idea what would be different WITH the installed air suspension along with the off-road package?

That's correct 1" higher than factory ride height with the ORP, with the air ride you'd be able to easily clear 34's and probably 35's. A lot of guys run bigger tires on the air ride equipped trucks because you can adjust it to where it doesn't rub unlike the non air trucks like mine, but i've heard conflicting information about the ORP WITH the Air Ride, i've heard that it gives you 1" higher lift over the regular Air Ride and then i've also heard some guys say you don't get any extra lift since the Air Bags take the place of the 1" suspension lift. But as far as clearance goes you'll have less issues fitting bigger tires than a non-air ride truck. I know they have some flash or module that you can plug in on your truck and it'll trick it into keeping it in Offroad 1 mode even at highway speeds that way you essentially get a lift on your truck without any true modifications.

Kratz87

Reaction score
...heard conflicting information about the ORP WITH the Air Ride, i've heard that it gives you 1" higher lift over the regular Air Ride and then i've also heard some guys say you don't get any extra lift since the Air Bags take the place of the 1" suspension lift.
I heard back from the service/parts manager at my Dealership. They state that the air-ride suspension sits on top of the 1” lift kit when the ORP is included! The test will be when I have a conversation with the tire experts and measure as they are installed. I am going to TRY for the 35’s and settle on the 34’s if I have too. Now...width is the question! More to follow I am sure!

BeauxXL1200

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Don’t have the off road package but I’m about to have Nitto Ridge Grappler 285/60/r20s installed on my stock height Ram. A fellow forum member has them on his Big Horn that is also stock height and he says there’s only a slight rub against the wheel liners at full lock turn. These tires look really good on his Big Horn. A coupe of pics.

Attachments

• 96F1E19F-E9BB-42BA-BFB2-9293107DCE49.jpeg
    96F1E19F-E9BB-42BA-BFB2-9293107DCE49.jpeg
    173.4 KB · Views: 134
  • AD1B3F65-D098-4FBC-A8E2-E60C626B2B9B.jpeg
    AD1B3F65-D098-4FBC-A8E2-E60C626B2B9B.jpeg
    156.4 KB · Views: 133

Users who are viewing this thread