5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Big Horn vs. Larime

LouNY

Reaction score
I went to my 19 Laramie from my 15 Big Horn with the top line Big Horn package.
My main reason was the passenger power seat and lumbar support for my wife.
Also I got rid of my gray interior for the light colored leather and the bench seat
without the full length counsel.
On long trips my knee would get sore from the counsel.
I do miss my eco-diesel though, but finding a Laramie with the bench seat in the light color
and 18" wheels was hard enough without adding in the diesel.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I went to my 19 Laramie from my 15 Big Horn with the top line Big Horn package.
My main reason was the passenger power seat and lumbar support for my wife.
Also I got rid of my gray interior for the light colored leather and the bench seat
without the full length counsel.
On long trips my knee would get sore from the counsel.
I do miss my eco-diesel though, but finding a Laramie with the bench seat in the light color
and 18" wheels was hard enough without adding in the diesel.
What are you doing with a lawyer between your seats? 😉

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I think it kind of depends on what you what a truck for.
I couldn't agree more with this. People's needs are all different. If I needed a work truck I wouldn't have bought a Limited. But I also don't judge people who use a Limited as a work truck. I know plenty of farmers who do just that. I chose to drive a truck because I enjoy having the extra space inside. I also feel my family is a little safer in a larger vehicle. And there is the added bonus of not having to borrow a truck if I need to haul something home from the local building supply store. Bottom line is only you know what you'll be happy with owning and driving. And you're the one you need to satisfy (okay, maybe the spouse too).

1awesomelaw

Reaction score
Color Options. Does anyone have any idea what is available for color options on the Back Country edition?

HandyCruiser

Reaction score
From the Ram website:

The 2022 Ram 1500 BackCountry Edition features 18-inch black wheels, black two-tone exterior paint, black badging, exhaust tips, headlamp bezels, mirrors, and running boards. A body-color grille surround and tonneau cover also are included and help set BackCountry up from the rest of the light-duty lineup.

Mathis35

Reaction score
Color Options. Does anyone have any idea what is available for color options on the Back Country edition?
When I last talked to the dealer about building mine it was the same as the two tone Rebel (I think no Maximum Steel), so Flame Red, Granite Crystal, Billet Silver, Bright White, and Hydro Blue. I'm hoping they add the Olive Green, that's the only thing holding me up from ordering mine. As soon as I see that color offered with the Back Country package I'm pulling the trigger on it. My guy talked to his rep and the Olive Green is supposed to come out with the next allocation (so hopefully mid August)

1awesomelaw

Reaction score
When I last talked to the dealer about building mine it was the same as the two tone Rebel (I think no Maximum Steel), so Flame Red, Granite Crystal, Billet Silver, Bright White, and Hydro Blue. I'm hoping they add the Olive Green, that's the only thing holding me up from ordering mine. As soon as I see that color offered with the Back Country package I'm pulling the trigger on it. My guy talked to his rep and the Olive Green is supposed to come out with the next allocation (so hopefully mid August)

I wonder how much longer we will have to wait to see the color options on the Ram website, My friend wants to order one.
I agree Green and black would look sharp.

BluegrassMotorsport

Reaction score
Something to keep in mind if anyone leans toward the Laramie - it appears the H&K system can't be ordered right now so Laramie Level B is probably out. At this point you'd be paying an additional 2k over Laramie Level A just to get heated rear seats haha.

1awesomelaw

Reaction score
Here is a list I came up with for a friend who is shopping for a truck. There may be other differences as well, but these are what I thought would be important to her. Some of these are standard on the Laramie, and some are options that require other packages. But nothing on this list is available on the Big Horn...

Ventilated front seats
Adaptive cruise control
Sport performance hood (seems like a change for 2021 models)
Surround view camera
Proximity keyless entry
Advanced safety group
Rain sensitive wipers
Power tailgate release
Leather trimmed seats
Power running boards
Memory for radio presets, seat, mirrors, and pedal settings.
Two-tone paint
Driver seat memory
Power adjustable pedals w/memory
Heated rear seats
Full length upgraded floor console (key word here is "upgraded")
Parallel and perp. park assist
22 inch wheel/tire options

Can you get a sprayed in bed liner from Ram done without buying a special package?

Scram1500

Reaction score
Can you get a sprayed in bed liner from Ram done without buying a special package?
I can't speak for other trim levels but for the Bighorn you need to pick the Level 1 equipment group which is a little over $1,000 if I remember correctly

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I got a loaded big horn, but also looked at Laramie's. In the end I went with a Big Horn that did cost more then some of the Laramie's on the lot. Just prefer cloth seats and in my opinion the dash still looks nice without the leather, may hold up better too in the long run. Only thing I wash I had was adaptive cruise control, hopefully Ram will offer it on the Big Horn in the future.

Idahoktm

Reaction score
I got a loaded big horn, but also looked at Laramie's. In the end I went with a Big Horn that did cost more then some of the Laramie's on the lot. Just prefer cloth seats and in my opinion the dash still looks nice without the leather, may hold up better too in the long run. Only thing I wash I had was adaptive cruise control, hopefully Ram will offer it on the Big Horn in the future.
The Laramie's don't have leather on the dash. It's some kind of rubberized material with stitching. I like cloth seats too but now that I have vented seats, I'll never buy another truck without it.

Users who are viewing this thread