5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Big Horn v Laramie...beyond the obvious differences

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Wife grew up in a leather car seat world. I grew up in a vinyl/cloth when times were good world......

So you can guess I'm more of a BH than a Laramie leather etc kinda guy. That said the Laramie I drove three weeks ago was really nice.

Wondering if there are any subtle differences between the two cars beyond the obvious ones like Leather. Are the plastics in the BH hard but soft in Laramie....

Lay it on me folks. I can find a BH spec'd the way I like it but Laramies I would have to compromise on....
After owning two Big Horns in a row I decided to order my DT as a Laramie.

The interior on the Laramie is noticeably more upscale than the Big Horn and I found at the time I ordered my 2019, the price difference with the essential things I wanted was in the Laramie's favor. And there are a few features I don't think you can get in a Big Horn.

As far as leather goes, I've always hated leather seats in cars. Too hot and sticky in the summer, and ice cold in the winter. Nor have I found them to be as durable. However, notice that the Laramie has 'leather trimmed' seats. Your actually not sitting on much leather. The sides are leather trimmed and the bolsters are suede and leather. If you're anti-leather the Laramie has all the nice appearance of leather without actually putting your body against a lot of it.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 17 July 2018. Now at: 031650 miles.

ldoh

Reaction score
Aside from sales to move slower selling products, manufacturers tend to make it more economical when buying the package versus ala cart'ing it up to a higher grade.

Of course it all depends on what you want. The things I wanted were better packaged in the Laramie.

Last edited:

ldoh

Reaction score
If you're anti-leather the Laramie has all the nice appearance of leather without actually putting your body against a lot of it.

And ventilated seats help a bunch. My only complaint is excess fan noise on the high setting.

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
And ventilated seats help a bunch. My only complaint is excess fan noise on the high setting.
I find the high fan setting comes in handy for certain overly verbal passengers.;)

Best regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 17 July 2018. Now at: 031650 miles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/