5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Big horn LED package

Reisy11

Reaction score
Hi all,
First post to the forum.

I picked up a big horn north edition with the LED package. Does anyone else have a hard time seeing the led surround during the day. I’m very disappointed in the appearance during the day on my truck, very dim and purple.

Thanks all,

Matt

dsn112

Reaction score
Zero you can do about it, stupid design.

ClancyO

Reaction score
Agreed. I was disappointed with the LED surround and decided not to wait for a truck with the LED package and got one w/o. I keep looking for the aftermarket to fill this obvious void, but no one has headlights for this truck yet.. This is one of the only disappointments with this truck - everyone else has the LED DRL game down, including other FCA products, why it was overlooked on the truck is inexcusable..

2wd

Reaction score
I agree it's dimmer but I don't mind the look compared to every other car out there with super bright white.

When you need the DLR the most (at dawn or dusk before your regular lights kick in), it's very noticeable.

Clean19

Reaction score
If you dont like it now, you're REALLY not going to like it in 3-4 years. they will fade over time.

Reisy11

Reaction score
Absolutely love the truck. Disappointing they overlooked something that could be a signature look coming down the road.

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think they look awesome. I have never been a fan of super bright LEDs surrounds. I think they look ridiculous. None more so that the Ford Super Duty and the GMC Denali. Looks like they bought a cheap strip of LEDs and double sided taped it to the headlights. The new RAM is the first truck that I actually think they look good. My truck doesn’t have them, but that’s going to be changing in the near future.

Last edited:

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I like the look as well, they are not considered a DRL just accent lighting. Hence they do not have to turn off when the turn signal comes on like other vehicles.

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I like the look as well, they are not considered a DRL just accent lighting. Hence they do not have to turn off when the turn signal comes on like other vehicles.
Good point. I hate that too on most vehicles. I just don’t like the look of most LED lights, they look gaudy, like neon signs IMO.

Reisy11

Reaction score
I’m saying my lights are extremely dim...unnoticeable during the day. I don’t need a neon sign on the front of my truck but a noticeable light would be nice. I’ll post daylight pictures tomorrow to see what y’all think.

dsn112

Reaction score
You can always buy a tazer and make them brighter!
The lights are actually bright, its the shroud that dims them down. So honestly nothing will make them brighter, not even a brighter chip, as Retroshop already put in a brighter chip to theirs and it didn't make much of a difference.

Users who are viewing this thread