5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BFG KO2 285/60/20 Tire Pressure

Nels

Reaction score
Greetings. I recently replaced the stock tires with the larger bfg"s. Thinking about what tire pressure I should run. Door jam says 36 for stock tires. Dealer set new tires at 41. I emailed bf goodrich with this question. They gave me a disclaimer but said the manufacturer suggested psi for this tire is 51. Am I damaging the tire or causing excessive wear by running at the 41 where the dealer set them? Also, I may be buying and pulling a camper, should I consider a higher psi when pulling that weight?

Anyone else running the BFG in this size? What pressures are you running with?

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Greetings. I recently replaced the stock tires with the larger bfg"s. Thinking about what tire pressure I should run. Door jam says 36 for stock tires. Dealer set new tires at 41. I emailed bf goodrich with this question. They gave me a disclaimer but said the manufacturer suggested psi for this tire is 51. Am I damaging the tire or causing excessive wear by running at the 41 where the dealer set them? Also, I may be buying and pulling a camper, should I consider a higher psi when pulling that weight?

Anyone else running the BFG in this size? What pressures are you running with?
You won't damage the tire, but it could cause wear that will shorten the life of the tire. Actually 41 doesn't sound bad at all IMPO. 51 sounds a bit high if you ask me, but if you are pulling a camper, then 51 may be better equipped to handle the additional load.

Users who are viewing this thread