5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best Wireless Accessory Control System (All Opinions Welcome)

TheLegend

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hello all!

I am looking for what you all think are some of the better wireless control systems out in the market right now. I am wanting to install some light bars, reverse lights, front bumper tow hook lights, ect.. and wanted to know what people are using/would recommend. I personally would like to use wireless to control from my phone rather than a Switch Panel/Rocker Switch inside the truck. I just haven’t seen many clean options that I would like personally inside my truck (just a matter of preference for myself but all recommendations and feedback are welcome).

I believe for what I am wanting to do I can get away with a 4 but wouldn’t be turned away from a 6 as we all know we find some new mods that come out all the time. I have found Triggers 2100/3001 & Garmin PowerSwitch which seem to be decently good ones but some mixed reviews on the Trigger system (nothing terrible because mostly people complain if the toggle switches being subpar which I wouldn’t want to use anyways). Let me know what you all have used or might would recommend I’ve been searching for a couple of months but these seem to be (from what I’ve seen to be the “easiest & cleanest install). Thanks ahead for any feedback!

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Blazer international
Pros
Cheap - starts at around $60
4 or 8 channel version available
Wireless control or bluetooth version available
Can be program to the home link buttons
Won't need to run cables thru the fire wall
Cons
Not water proof

I currently have a 20" lightbar and ditch lights one per channel to turn each individually.
Will post additional pics tomorrow

Attachments

• 20221002_182531.jpg
    20221002_182531.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 64
  • 20221002_182734.jpg
    20221002_182734.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 62

TheLegend

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Blazer international
Pros
Cheap - starts at around $60
4 or 8 channel version available
Wireless control or bluetooth version available
Can be program to the home link buttons
Won't need to run cables thru the fire wall
Cons
Not water proof

I currently have a 20" lightbar and ditch lights one per channel to turn each individually.
Will post additional pics tomorrow
Please for show more pictures I see that they have a CWL634 that seems to have a app based one that you can use on your phone but it doesn’t say if it is iOS or Android based and cannot find it in iOS? Is it Android only? And the one you have with the wireless remote is it remote only or can you use the app as well? And also, I see they sell quick connect harnesses with plug and play are those plugs specifically for their led products or generic?

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i have the same blazer controller. when i search the app store on ios its under BLAZER LINK ll

the 4 channel does not use an app though just the remote, the 8 channel aka more expensive one does use a app. (2 versions w/ or w/out app capabilities)

looking at the app it allows u to
  • Customize light operation – turn on/off from the app, adjust brightness and flash intensity, advance flash patterns on a warning light, set automatic shutdown, monitor battery life and other diagnostic settings, and receive alerts/notifications etc.

as far as quick connectors, alot of LED lights come with just a red and black leads so you can pick and choose what connections you want to run. for example my 32" lasfit light bar came with a 2 pin deutsch and i bought fem/male on amazon and made my own connections

hope this helps

ive had the blazer for all of 3 days and love it lol

TheLegend

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thank you I found the APP and that also helps a lot I was wondering I am getting ready to pull the trigger on getting everything and this helps me understand the process of how the lights come I thought I watched some videos that had some lights already with plugs I found some online that I could make for easy plug and play thank you for the information.

Also, I didn’t see the 8 channel on their website just the 4 channel with the wireless remote and one with APP only. If they do make one with a wireless remote/APP I’d be curious because I would like to be able to cut them off if I needed to without going to my phone i.e someone coming towards me so I don’t blind them on a dark road. Lol

TheLegend

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i have the same blazer controller. when i search the app store on ios its under BLAZER LINK ll

the 4 channel does not use an app though just the remote, the 8 channel aka more expensive one does use a app. (2 versions w/ or w/out app capabilities)

looking at the app it allows u to
  • Customize light operation – turn on/off from the app, adjust brightness and flash intensity, advance flash patterns on a warning light, set automatic shutdown, monitor battery life and other diagnostic settings, and receive alerts/notifications etc.

as far as quick connectors, alot of LED lights come with just a red and black leads so you can pick and choose what connections you want to run. for example my 32" lasfit light bar came with a 2 pin deutsch and i bought fem/male on amazon and made my own connections

hope this helps

ive had the blazer for all of 3 days and love it lol
I found the C3050K 8 Channel but it doesn’t say anything about it running with an APP just the wireless remote?

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I found the C3050K 8 Channel but it doesn’t say anything about it running with an APP just the wireless remote?
I didn’t search to hard for the 8 channel one but it was an option at one point on the site all they advertise is the 4 channel with and with out the app. On the instructions though it does tell you that you can add multiple lights to one terminal as long as you do not exceed the limits on it

With that said every light manufacturer and product varies on output and voltage requirements. Which I am not the most familiar with electronics.

The blazer system should be enough to run a large 50” light bar, ditch lights and chase lights.

Hope this helps.

TheLegend

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah I’m probably going to go with a 40” light bar, 2 ditch lights, and a led strip light that hooks up under the hood actually looks pretty dang good it’s made by SilverHooder. My only issue is I want to get all those with the DRL amber lights as well and would require another port unless the amps for each could be placed in the same terminal. I’ll have to do some more research. I appreciate the help I sent Blazer an email to ask some questions hopefully they can follow up.

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah I’m probably going to go with a 40” light bar, 2 ditch lights, and a led strip light that hooks up under the hood actually looks pretty dang good it’s made by SilverHooder. My only issue is I want to get all those with the DRL amber lights as well and would require another port unless the amps for each could be placed in the same terminal. I’ll have to do some more research. I appreciate the help I sent Blazer an email to ask some questions hopefully they can follow up.
glad i could help in some way :D

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Please for show more pictures I see that they have a CWL634 that seems to have a app based one that you can use on your phone but it doesn’t say if it is iOS or Android based and cannot find it in iOS? Is it Android only? And the one you have with the wireless remote is it remote only or can you use the app as well? And also, I see they sell quick connect harnesses with plug and play are those plugs specifically for their led products or generic?
Sorry for the late reply, as it turns out i really only have 1 more pic after i finished the install. It doesn't look to bad, and this is where i am placing the remote, since i don't use the center console phone holder and my truck doesn't have the wireless charger
I see @badramlimited has been proving good feedback.
I will add that during my search you either had to pick the remote version or the bluetooth version. So you couldn't buy the bluetooth and later buy a separate remote to integrated it to your unit.
Not sure if blazer has made any upgrades now that would make it possible.
Fyi these are stock by autozone, at least here in Los Angeles
And last there were a few bad reviews on the bluetooth version not having the best connection but maybe those were just bad units

Attachments

• 20230424_184630.jpg
    20230424_184630.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 48
  • 20230424_184706.jpg
    20230424_184706.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 51
  • 20230424_184835.jpg
    20230424_184835.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 50
  • 20230424_184846.jpg
    20230424_184846.jpg
    167.3 KB · Views: 50

TheLegend

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sorry for the late reply, as it turns out i really only have 1 more pic after i finished the install. It doesn't look to bad, and this is where i am placing the remote, since i don't use the center console phone holder and my truck doesn't have the wireless charger
I see @badramlimited has been proving good feedback.
I will add that during my search you either had to pick the remote version or the bluetooth version. So you couldn't buy the bluetooth and later buy a separate remote to integrated it to your unit.
Not sure if blazer has made any upgrades now that would make it possible.
Fyi these are stock by autozone, at least here in Los Angeles
And last there were a few bad reviews on the bluetooth version not having the best connection but maybe those were just bad units
Yeah he has been giving me some good feedback on the unit that was one of my questions I asked the support team was if you could integrate a remote as well as the app or if they had an option for both. Yes, I’ve looked it appears most AutoZone’s or hardware stores have them in stock. Seems like a pretty good “cheaper” option to use comparative to the others.

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah he has been giving me some good feedback on the unit that was one of my questions I asked the support team was if you could integrate a remote as well as the app or if they had an option for both. Yes, I’ve looked it appears most AutoZone’s or hardware stores have them in stock. Seems like a pretty good “cheaper” option to use comparative to the others.
i got mine for $40 on ebay. worse case scenario it goes bad ill buy another one or two and still be cheaper than AUX beam or Trigger 4

only down fall to the remote one is you dont have the options the app enabled one does. Strobe, brightness, SOS etc

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
definitely a good alternative.
Let me know what the blazer team replies with. In case in the future my unit goes bad I wouldn't mind having both Bluetooth and remote as well

TheLegend

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i got mine for $40 on ebay. worse case scenario it goes bad ill buy another one or two and still be cheaper than AUX beam or Trigger 4

only down fall to the remote one is you dont have the options the app enabled one does. Strobe, brightness, SOS etc
Yeah, and that is one of the reasons I was looking at the Trigger because of the brightness option plus since I’m running it on one battery I like having the option of the ACC wire that you can fuse tap into the fuse box to know when to tell the Trigger to turn on and off and having the plug and play cables helps someone (like me) who isn’t great with electronics. I did watch some videos and it’s no big deal doing it yourself with the Blazer.

TheLegend

Ram Guru
Reaction score
definitely a good alternative.
Let me know what the blazer team replies with. In case in the future my unit goes bad I wouldn't mind having both Bluetooth and remote as well
I definitely will I sent it to them earlier today so hopefully I’ll here back soon. If so I think this would be the most economical way to go to do what I want because it’s not like I’m doing a bunch of crazy mods where I’m going to need like 16 channels or something.

tac63

Reaction score
I personally don't recommend the Trigger systems. While the switches are trash (got a warranty replacement that was also trash (last button randomly doesn't click on or off), the controller also blew out at just before 1 year. While warranty did cover it I was out of pocket to send back to testing before they shipped another one out as well. Just not impressed. I can't recommend a good wireless as I ended up going to a small single wired unit instead but wanted to share my experience with Trigger.

TheLegend

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I personally don't recommend the Trigger systems. While the switches are trash (got a warranty replacement that was also trash (last button randomly doesn't click on or off), the controller also blew out at just before 1 year. While warranty did cover it I was out of pocket to send back to testing before they shipped another one out as well. Just not impressed. I can't recommend a good wireless as I ended up going to a small single wired unit instead but wanted to share my experience with Trigger.
Tac thanks for sharing your experience I ended up going with the AuxBeam AR-800 it has an APP (which I have a Phone Mount easily accessible) and if I want to use the Auxiliary Pad I’ll run it through the fire wall and put it in a secret stash spot for emergency purposes. I will say though the Auxiliry Pad on the AR-800 is smaller than the normal 8 gangs and is almost the size of a 6 gang so should be fairly simple to stash out of the way and grab quickly if needed.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
not surprised.
I was at an event hosted by the company who owns trigger and the owners/ upper management are aholes.

if the people who run the company are no good I wouldn't be surprised their products are also no good lol

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
At long last, the Garmin PowerSwitch app for iOS supports CarPlay! I've been waiting for this forever, and it was my number one complaint about the app, and by extension, the PowerSwitch device.

I just installed the update, and haven't had a chance to try it out yet, but this is like Christmas in July in May.

Users who are viewing this thread