5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best way to lift a rebel?

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not sure I can ever sell it...
18 Trd Off road
305/55/20 Falken MT
4.88 Nitro
Icon Stage whatever ( adjustable resi F/R 2.5" body )
CBI F/R Bumpers, CBI Sliders
Prinsu Rack
Morimoto Headlights
Grill Swap
Dirt King LCA
SPC Upper Arms
Bunch of Rigid lights.
looks sweet!

2019Raven

Reaction score
Ok so I just got my first truck a 2022 rebel GT. The question is I want to lift the truck a little and I want it to be level. I have been looking into it what ive got so far is that leveling pucks are not a great way to lift suspension and can cause a number of issues. Even if you replace the UCAs. Just paid a stupid amount of money for this truck dont want to start off by ruining it. I have heard the mopar lift kit does not fit the rebel. So what it the best way to just get it a little taller and level. even just leveling the front might be enough. but maybe a little overall taller. Id like it to fit 35s somewhere down the line. Any suggestions? View attachment 136975 View attachment 136976 View attachment 136977
Nice to see a fellow Alaskan on here.
What have u decided?

AlaskaGT

Reaction score
I have falcon shocks on my truck right now. They say it gives a 2 inch lift to make it level. But I think it still has a bit of rake to the truck. It runs a little stiff but is still better then doing the puck crap. I run 35x12.5 r18 and there’s no rub with a little bit of trimming.
this is good to know.

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a $100 lift. 2" pucks in front, 1.5" in the rear. I've done this on LOTS of trucks and Jeeps. I off road my stuff, tow with it, use it as a truck. It's the best way to go. You maintain factory ride. You save money. You know EXACTLY how much lift you'll get so it's easier to plan your build. You just bought a brand new truck. Why throw the Rebel coils and shocks in the trash? I have used pucks on ORG trucks and non ORG trucks with zero issues.

AlaskaGT

Reaction score
I have a $100 lift. 2" pucks in front, 1.5" in the rear. I've done this on LOTS of trucks and Jeeps. I off road my stuff, tow with it, use it as a truck. It's the best way to go. You maintain factory ride. You save money. You know EXACTLY how much lift you'll get so it's easier to plan your build. You just bought a brand new truck. Why throw the Rebel coils and shocks in the trash? I have used pucks on ORG trucks and non ORG trucks with zero issues.
this guy takes a pretty good look at it. the thing is i am sure you can get away with it. but what spacers do is make the factory components work the way they are not supposed to. and that creates a danger of things wearring in ways not intended. i think i am going to just leave it stock to maintain factory ride. its honestly pretty darn capable the way it is. and bigger tires would make it use more gas so its probably for the best. i kinda would like to get rid of the rake and go to maybe a slightly larger tire. but i just dont think the risk the suspension being compromised. especially over time is worth it

Zukispeed

Reaction score
Just because a puck will install, doesnt mean you should. ( with the offroad group ) If Hub to fender lip is 22" on stock, you shouldnt use a puck

AlaskaGT

Reaction score
because the rebel/org factory 1 inch lift is achieved with longer struts will leveling struts in the front not be long enough to get the front level with the back? I was looking at the rough country vertex. but i am worried because the back rebel is taller two they may not get the rebel level?

H2OMAN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
because the rebel/org factory 1 inch lift is achieved with longer struts will leveling struts in the front not be long enough to get the front level with the back? I was looking at the rough country vertex. but i am worried because the back rebel is taller two they may not get the rebel level?
Yes the will. However, if you are going to spend a little money you may as well go with the Bilsteins. They are far superior to RC and may even be less expensive. Set it on the number 5 setting and you'll be level or within an inch.

AlaskaGT

Reaction score
Yes the will. However, if you are going to spend a little money you may as well go with the Bilsteins. They are far superior to RC and may even be less expensive. Set it on the number 5 setting and you'll be level or within an inch.
My worry there is that moving it to the top setting isn’t that just adding tons of preload. Seems like you would just make the front super stiff and poor riding

H2OMAN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My worry there is that moving it to the top setting isn’t that just adding tons of preload. Seems like you would just make the front super stiff and poor riding
That's why you go to 5 and not 7. Bilstein says not to go above 5.

H2OMAN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I thin you have to do 7 to get 2 inches and have it be level
No. You have a GT correct? Which means you have the ORP. If you have the ORP then your front coils are 1 inch longer than standard. If the Bilsteins are set at number 5 then that is 2 inches plus the extra 1 inch from the ORP coil gives you 3 inches of lift.

Users who are viewing this thread