5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best way to lift a rebel?

AlaskaGT

Reaction score
Ok so I just got my first truck a 2022 rebel GT. The question is I want to lift the truck a little and I want it to be level. I have been looking into it what ive got so far is that leveling pucks are not a great way to lift suspension and can cause a number of issues. Even if you replace the UCAs. Just paid a stupid amount of money for this truck dont want to start off by ruining it. I have heard the mopar lift kit does not fit the rebel. So what it the best way to just get it a little taller and level. even just leveling the front might be enough. but maybe a little overall taller. Id like it to fit 35s somewhere down the line. Any suggestions? 55ABA93F-EB40-411F-BFAC-66255F392353.jpeg 7C82056A-A079-4ED6-9DBA-A2FFFE31E96B.jpeg FCC90723-88D4-49AA-8B82-8384EAF3BFAF.jpeg

Last edited:

AlaskaGT

Reaction score
So I did some more research. I am thinking the bilstein 5100s and some longer control arms are the best way to go forward. anyone do this and get 35s to fit comfortable under it? and pics

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not a bad first truck if I must say so

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
if you'll be offroading a lot or be going fast on dirt roads, get one of the following:
-Carli Suspension Performance System ($$$ but best value. you can go as fast as you can within your skill level and suspension will take it all. uses King suspension components)
-Kings w/ adjusters (long lead time, need rear springs and UCA)
-Fox 2.5 (not so long lead time, need rear springs and UCA)

if you going to do lots of offroading, skip the bilsteins or anything other than those three above. there's a reason why King and Fox are used on high performance trucks.
I ran bilsteins 5100 once and they are trash once you start chasing speed offroad, after that I'm a firm believer in "buy once, cry once."

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I only recommend King or Fox not only because of their race applications, but also:
-they have reservoirs, which is important in heat management when your shocks are compressing and decompressing rapidly within short period of time
-valving, they are tuned from the factory to perform off the pavement over on pavement
-rebuildable, they are 100% rebuildable, so when the mileage and time comes, you can send them to a professional to change out the fluids (they do degrade over time), refill the nitrogen (they do need to be refilled, mileage depends on your usage), and change out any seals, bushings, and whatnot that is worn. In addition, should you start doing more high speed off road runs or should you start adding more stuff to your truck (offroad equipment, camping gear, etc) they can also revalve it for you to suit the weight of your build and your driving style.

On the other hand, throw-away shocks like bilsteins are:
-not serviceable
-valving can be more street orientated and cannot be adjusted to suit your driving style or build
-need to be replaced completely down the line.

so yeah, buy once, cry once.

Zukispeed

Reaction score
I really dig the Icon vehicle dynamics stuff, Its what Ill be putting on mine. Ive ran it on my 18 TRD Offroad 4runner for a few years, really good stuff. When youre ready to purchase, let me know I can get you hopefully the best price

Fat Bobs Garage

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I really dig the Icon vehicle dynamics stuff, Its what Ill be putting on mine. Ive ran it on my 18 TRD Offroad 4runner for a few years, really good stuff. When youre ready to purchase, let me know I can get you hopefully the best price

Fat Bobs Garage
hi another fellow ex-t4r owner lol

H2OMAN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I only recommend King or Fox not only because of their race applications, but also:
-they have reservoirs, which is important in heat management when your shocks are compressing and decompressing rapidly within short period of time
-valving, they are tuned from the factory to perform off the pavement over on pavement
-rebuildable, they are 100% rebuildable, so when the mileage and time comes, you can send them to a professional to change out the fluids (they do degrade over time), refill the nitrogen (they do need to be refilled, mileage depends on your usage), and change out any seals, bushings, and whatnot that is worn. In addition, should you start doing more high speed off road runs or should you start adding more stuff to your truck (offroad equipment, camping gear, etc) they can also revalve it for you to suit the weight of your build and your driving style.

On the other hand, throw-away shocks like bilsteins are:
-not serviceable
-valving can be more street orientated and cannot be adjusted to suit your driving style or build
-need to be replaced completely down the line.

so yeah, buy once, cry once.
About half of this is accurate and the other half not.
Product Details

2009+ DODGE/RAM 1500/CLASSIC | falcon

19-UP RAM 1500 2-3

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
About half of this is accurate and the other half not.
Product Details

2009+ DODGE/RAM 1500/CLASSIC | falcon

19-UP RAM 1500 2-3
well yall can run whatever you want. but running with the guys doing high speed runs in the desert, there are only two brands that are used: King of Fox. Also why established tuners like Carli and Thuren (if you want to add filthymotorsports or accutune) only offer king and fox.

The others, based on my experience of installing and using, are of no good for serious offroad use.

nabatron

Reaction score
I have falcon shocks on my truck right now. They say it gives a 2 inch lift to make it level. But I think it still has a bit of rake to the truck. It runs a little stiff but is still better then doing the puck crap. I run 35x12.5 r18 and there’s no rub with a little bit of trimming.

Rsone 11

Reaction score
I went with the Fabtech 3 inch level which comes spacers uca and rear shocks and the truck is sitting aggressive and perfectly level. I’m running it with 18” fuel rebel rims and 35x12.50r18 Nitto ridge grapplers only issue is they are load f so are a bit stiff but as soon as those tires are ready to be replaced I’m going with bf Goodrich ko2’s

H2OMAN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
well yall can run whatever you want. but running with the guys doing high speed runs in the desert, there are only two brands that are used: King of Fox. Also why established tuners like Carli and Thuren (if you want to add filthymotorsports or accutune) only offer king and fox.

The others, based on my experience of installing and using, are of no good for serious offroad use.
Runners are tubular framed truck and are all custom made. They are not factory trucks so it is a mute point. Everyone here is doing trailing not desert running.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Runners are tubular framed truck and are all custom made. They are not factory trucks so it is a mute point. Everyone here is doing trailing not desert running.
uh huh. so if it's a race truck and built differently then it is a mute point. then race technologies used in Le Man, F1, and many other races must not apply on your regular street driven vehicle then.
As for trailing and desert running, your end result is the same: you are cycling the shocks up and down at a higher speed and more frequently than on pavement. If a set of suspension can withstand the abuse and high rate of cycle being thrown at it in harsh environments like going 60-80MPH going through whoops and G-outs, it can withstand whatever "trail" you put it through. It's not the other way around.

OP wanted to know the "best" way to do it, and Fox 2.5 and King are the best you can get out there. Seen too many times people go cheap initially only to spend double the labor to replace their cheap suspension with a set of properly built ones within a short period of time. My goal is to help fellow forum members avoid that mistake, hence my harsh words.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
like i said, buy once cry once. Do it right the first time so you don't have to spend double to do it again later down the line.
If anyone's looking for the best, get either King or Fox and never look back.

BadBoy345

Reaction score
Ok so I just got my first truck a 2022 rebel GT. The question is I want to lift the truck a little and I want it to be level. I have been looking into it what ive got so far is that leveling pucks are not a great way to lift suspension and can cause a number of issues. Even if you replace the UCAs. Just paid a stupid amount of money for this truck dont want to start off by ruining it. I have heard the mopar lift kit does not fit the rebel. So what it the best way to just get it a little taller and level. even just leveling the front might be enough. but maybe a little overall taller. Id like it to fit 35s somewhere down the line. Any suggestions? View attachment 136975 View attachment 136976 Bilstein 5100's

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I totally still own my 4runner! Not selling it, but Damn if I dont love driving this Ram!
i just reached preliminary verbal agreement on selling mine this past weekend. Will be dropping mine off on Saturday. Sad as I'm convinced it's the perfectly sized for trails in terms of wheelbase and width, but I'm tired of lack of power and that stupid front sway bar end links that keep breaking lol.

I'd totally keep mine (especially i just regeared and added snorkel earlier this year) but I also have a E90 M3 that's taking up space.

Zukispeed

Reaction score
Not sure I can ever sell it...
18 Trd Off road
305/55/20 Falken MT
4.88 Nitro
Icon Stage whatever ( adjustable resi F/R 2.5" body )
CBI F/R Bumpers, CBI Sliders
Prinsu Rack
Morimoto Headlights
Grill Swap
Dirt King LCA
SPC Upper Arms
Bunch of Rigid lights.

Attachments

• 22s.jpg
    22s.jpg
    216.1 KB · Views: 56

Users who are viewing this thread