5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best tuner for 2019 Ram 1500

Mopar_maxi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had a full bolt on and cammed 2014 ram 1500. Jay did my tuning and we have became friends over the years. His customer service is spot on and his tunes are incredible. IF I ever decide to tune my 2020, Jay will be who I use for sure.

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I had a full bolt on and cammed 2014 ram 1500. Jay did my tuning and we have became friends over the years. His customer service is spot on and his tunes are incredible. IF I ever decide to tune my 2020, Jay will be who I use for sure.
What’s the best way to contact him? I imagine I need to have an AFR gauge right?

popcenator

Reaction score
Same! I don't plan on tuning for a while, but when I do it'll be him for sure. I had an intake, exhaust, 4.10 gear swap, and a 3000 stall converter and he was awesome. I'll never forget how he fought for me when I had issues.
What’s the best way to contact him? I imagine I need to have an AFR gauge right?
Facebook or email, [email protected]

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It would be a good idea to chat with Matt from moes performance. He’s amazing with the rams also. Can get you a lot of info and steps to what your goals are

lrobbi

Reaction score
No doubt Jay Greene has my business for tuning. Jay has done my wife’s Jeep and she is so happy with the performance upgrade. Before I did the Cam, and after, he has been spot on for customer service. After upgrading my manifold to a 6.4 - he was right there!

RAMROB91

Reaction score
we are now in 2020 September can anybody chime in on how the Diablo tuner worked out for them?? i just order a 6in bds lift with 37s and not looking to regear my truck do to how expensive it can be but looking to see if a tuner will help with a smooth ride or if the pedal commander will work just fine?

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you got a lift and bigger tires. You can use just a recalibrate programmer. Cheaper, don’t void warranty. Also clean up powertrain some now knowing tires are on it

19smokey

Reaction score
Has anyone installed the Diablo trinity 2 tuner. I just installed borla s type exhaust and trying to decide on next mod. I was looking at the tuner and level one custom tunes from hemifever but notice some folks saying to do the pedal commander first. Having to swap the ecm makes me nervous, not for warranty but for it being my daily.

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Unlocked ecm is oem level I wouldn’t worry about it. The best mod for the truck will be a custom tune. Since your not worried about warranty trans tune too to finish it off. It will be a whole different truck

Kilroy

Reaction score
So I am just an old guy here, and it is my opinion, and mine only so don't get upset ;-) if you want performance, buy a performance car, not a truck, unless of course, you get the TRX or a Raptor. But seriously, I understand things to improve milage. I have owned a number of Trucks, SUVs, Performance cars, spend your money on useful things for your truck, performance is all about power to weight. Sure if you want an aggressive sound, install a CAI or exhaust! My 2 cents you're throwing money away. But if you have it to throw away, i can give you my PayPal account ;-)

Zollman12

Reaction score
Coming from someone who used 3 different Diablo products in past. For our truck best bang for your $ and feel good option Is throttle controller. I am playing with Vitesse Motorsports Throttle controller. Put almost 500 trouble free miles. It does what it say. Plus only one knob to play with. Truck spins tires on sport 7 and above. I got 3.21 gear ratio with 35 tires details in signature.

Does the Vitesse improve your fuel mileage? Goes it eliminate the cylinder cut out, sorry not a gear head and not sure what that eco crap is called. Looking for a MPG tuner and one to stop the 4cyl to 8cyl changing.

totalsource

Reaction score
Hi all after reading this tread is it the consensus that the Pulsar is no good due to the gremlins?

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hi all after reading this tread is it the consensus that the Pulsar is no good due to the gremlins?
I ran one for a year without issue. It was still installed when I sold it, and dealer never said anything about it when I took it in for service. Truck had 40,000 miles on it when I got rid of it...for a TRX

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Jay Greene, hemifever(moes performance), not sure about flyin Ryan but would assume so.
Matt at moes is great, chat with him on that q. Same with Ryan, all great peeps in the hemi tuning community

I’ve talked to Jay himself, said no issues. Did mention in future of tuning with ET possibly advancing that system also. His comment was it’s something he wants to look into. which I’m sure all those guys are going to do too.

my thought is, make it much more of a helper off line obviously to be able to run a bigger cam with say a stock TC or help on the big TC better daily driving.
or hell, upgraded next level off stock cam making mad torque down low with assist still high breathing up top. for hauling, dd, and weekend fun. Best of both worlds, hold back will be the 48v system probably get maxed out pretty quick. Upgrades will be needed on that side too

Users who are viewing this thread