5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best Trifold bed cover?

AlaskaGT

Reaction score
really curious witch trifolds allow me to still use the bed rails

2ndAmend

Reaction score
LoMax Tonneau Cover Black Urethane (B3040039)

Hands down the BEST cover. It’s a trifold and the black “LINE-X”-ish protective spray has held up well with no fading after 18 months. It was simple to install (did it by myself) with simple tools and no drilling or glue, etc. It’s also easy to remove and is pretty light. It stays in place in either configuration (folded up or down) and does well with keeping water out. Even when washing the truck, I never notice water getting in when hosing it down.

I got it from Radco on a few recommendations on this forum. Lucas was awesome to deal with and shipped it quick. I did a crap down of research when looking at covers. I have OCD and am very particular about utility, quality, and aesthetics. The LoMax hit all the boxes. I was actually looking at WeatherTech’s cover, which is just this cover with their name slapped on it. The other thing I like about this cover is you can open it from either side of the truck. There’s a rope you pull down on either corner that releases the tabs to fold back. The elastic tabs to secure when folded are durable and easy to connect/disconnect. Another ”peace of mind” is the two carabiners that connect the cover to the rails so on the off chance it tries to fly off…you are good! Let me know if you have any questions, but I can tell you this one is the best…plus it’s made in USA!
Is the textured urethane easy to keep clean or does it trap dirt/dust?

My Ram was completed Thus (it'll be month before it gets here!) so this is good timely info. I was leaning toward the BakFlip or the Mopar until now.

Anyone have experience with the hard Mopar tri-fold?

2ndAmend

Reaction score
I have the WeatherTech tri-fold and I bought it because it was Made in USA. It looks just like the Lomax that @UglyMonk3y has, so not sure which company copied the other, lol. It was super easy to install and it's easy to take off. My only gripe is that it would be really easy to break into through the tailgate because there is no reinforcement, just the thin aluminum plate. I can pull it up with my hand and easily get a bigger tool in there. So, if SECURITY is one of your factors, don't get WeatherTech or the similar Lomax version.
What is the issue with security? Is it easy to pop it open with the gate up?

vinnieloo

Reaction score
Is the textured urethane easy to keep clean or does it trap dirt/dust?

My Ram was completed Thus (it'll be month before it gets here!) so this is good timely info. I was leaning toward the BakFlip or the Mopar until now.

Anyone have experience with the hard Mopar tri-fold?

I have the matte black, no texture. It does not trap dirt and easy to clean. Basically smooth. I actually spray ceramic coat mine along with the truck when i wash it.

HandyCruiser

Reaction score
I put a Bakflip BAK-772227 F1 Tonneau Hard Cover on our 2021 Laramie last July. It still looks and works like new. And the semi-gloss finish looks excellent on our Laramie.

Tonneau01.jpg

Leolo

Reaction score
Looking to get a durable bed cover for my '22 Rebel. There seems to be a sea of bed covers out there and you cant really trust Amazon or 3rd Party reviews. Thanks in advance!
I had Bakflip on my 2012 Ram for 12 years. It started to fall apart after 10, but before that a solid performer. Kept the bed nice and dry. It also locks with the tailgate closed if that is important to you. Just ordered one for my new Rebel.

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I put the Extang Solid Fold 2.0 (ram box edition) on mine but their regular one is the same. 1" thick super durable, looks great and lasts... this is the 2nd truck i'v had one on... pics here:

ya3coub

Reaction score
I hated the OEM allot ot kept on flying and not being secured, I’ve always complained about it.

Then triwd the MX4 from backflip and 5 of my friends went with the same bed cover.

Its water proof, works with my ram bar, low profile, secured.

I’m so in love with it

crusher

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I hated the OEM allot ot kept on flying and not being secured, I’ve always complained about it.

Then triwd the MX4 from backflip and 5 of my friends went with the same bed cover.

Its water proof, works with my ram bar, low profile, secured.

I’m so in love with it
what oem did you had?
my mopar hard trifold cover cant be open if the taigate is close, so it secure as long that you lock the truck

Einstein376

Reaction score
Highly subjective but I'll give you my experiences and choices. When I bought my 2013 I put on the Bakflip trifold hardcover and hated it. It was heavy, hard to open, and covered the back window when all three segments were opened. It also started falling apart, the pop rivets that held the cross members on kept sheering off.

On my 2015 3500 I opted for a roll-up so I could expose the gooseneck or the fifth wheel hitch points conveniently. I chose the TruXedo Deuce which provides a flip-up front section for quick access to the front of the bed. I'm still loving this bed cover.

For the 2022, I went with the factory bed cover. Very nice cover, good quality, easy to use, and quite affordable when considering the cost of after-market bed covers. After 7 months of use, I do not regret buying the factory bed cover and would order it again.
I had a BakFlip do the same thing, water leaked into it and it rotted. It turned into junk. The company would not do anything about it for me.

Jim

limechallenger

Reaction score
I've got the Extang Trifecta 2 on my 2020 Rebel, love it! I had the Trifecta on my 2014 1500 Sport 4x4, 2 door and would have put it on the Rebel ,but it has the shorter bed.

subbedout

Reaction score
Not sure if you are aware of this thread. Plenty on info, members will help with any questions.
Really need to figure your needs and what $ you are willing to spend.
This is great. Thanks for sharing. Was looking to buy one too.

sf_49ersfan

Reaction score
I went with the UnderCover Armor Flex on my '22 Rebel with RamBoxes. Was easy to install and feels very durable. Accessory Parts also gives a discount to 5thgenrams members.
How do we get those discounts to Accesory Parts?

Users who are viewing this thread