5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best ramps

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hmmm ... you guys got me thinking now. I feel my old steel ramps may be too narrow. I'm thinking I may need to upgrade to something like this that's 13" wide.

I'm not sure how wide your ramps are but even my 13" wide ramps feel narrow with my OEM size tires that are 285mm wide (just over 11").

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks Speedy & Mike. I see I have two problems, mine does not have a rubber grips on the bottom, and I have a two-wheel drive. My Rhino's look noticeably different than the one's pictured on Amazon, probably because I've had them for so long. Sounds like they made some improvements over time.

Best regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 03 June 2018. Now at: 053727 miles.
You might just throw a towel or scrap piece of rubber mat or carpet down under the leading edge of the ramps. The truck tires will bite on that surface, and they’ll help prevent slippage. I’ve done this with previous 2WD vehicles - from Corvettes to pickup trucks.

NJMonark

Reaction score
I didn't like the idea of crawling under a truck with plastic ramps so I bought these a year ago. Very happy with them and like the two piece design that separates. The extensions also serve as a great tailgate ramp (used to load a 28" snow blower for transport).

Users who are viewing this thread