5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best ramps

Twil6

Reaction score
What ramps are you guys using for your oil changes.
Thanks

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
RhinoRamps.
Mike, have you ever had those ramps move forward when the tire started to contact the ramp?

I have a pair of Rhino ramps very similar in design that slide easily on my driveway surface. I noticed the pattern is different on the one's at Amazon compared to mine and was thinking they might have made a change.

Best regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 03 June 2018. Now at: 053727 miles.

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
I bought a composite set of ramps from walmart 5 years ago that work fine for me. They are a "name brand" but I cant remember it off hand. I think I paid like $30 for them

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Mike, have you ever had those ramps move forward when the tire started to contact the ramp?

I have a pair of Rhino ramps very similar in design that slide easily on my driveway surface. I noticed the pattern is different on the one's at Amazon compared to mine and was thinking they might have made a change.

Best regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 03 June 2018. Now at: 053727 miles.
I upgraded to those Rhino ramps a year or two ago, as my old ones were of questionable capacity. The approach angle is pretty low, and they don’t slide at all on my smooth concrete floor. However, to be safe, I put the truck in 4HI when using them. I think you’d be fine if you just keep the rubber “grips” clean on the bottom.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score

Best regards,
Dusty
Speedy's reply is spot-on. My garage floor is polished concrete, so even rubber can slide on it. Putting the truck in 4HI keeps that from happening. I also wedge them in as far as I can when placing them. If my floor had any kind of texture at all they wouldn't slide because of the rubber "grips" built into the ramps.

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks Speedy & Mike. I see I have two problems, mine does not have a rubber grips on the bottom, and I have a two-wheel drive. My Rhino's look noticeably different than the one's pictured on Amazon, probably because I've had them for so long. Sounds like they made some improvements over time.

Best regards,
Dusty

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Best regards,
Dusty
Mine move all the time when you start to contact the ramp. What I do these days is just jack the vehicle up and slide the ramp under the wheel, then lower the jack. It's simpler than the ramp kicking out or (worse) driving off the ramp by not stopping fast enough. Mine are the "Rhino" ramps with the rubber underneath, but over time the nubs wear and it won't hold on a smooth concrete garage floor any more.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
RhinoRamps.
I use these as well. Work great on all the surfaces at my house: pavement, dirt, and gravel.

I don't have any slippage issues but I do go up and down them in 4LO.

FLiPMaRC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've been using steel ramps with extension for about 20 years, but I haven't tried using them with the RAM.

Kinda looks like these, but my ramps are yellow and the extenders are all black. The extender have dowels underneath and plugs into holes on the ramp so they don't move.

iu

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Has anyone used these? Not cheap but seems like an easier solution.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Has anyone used these? Not cheap but seems like an easier solution.
Those are a great idea, but I won't pay $160 each for them. I might just steal their design and build my own for my use. :devilish:

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online