5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best New Feature?

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Thank you Sir.... Tell me do you have a link to the electronic version of our manuals? The link I have and have downloaded does not have any mention of the "Steering Directed Lights" and the the section you highlighted for the fog lamps is incomplete as well. Are there various versions of the Owners Manual ??
If you've created an account on the Mopar owner's site, you can download it from there. Just scroll to the bottom and there's a link for the electronic manual on the main "My Vehicle" tab. Also on the left hand side "My Links" section.

I can also email it to you if you'd like. Just PM me your email address.

Cheers,

1541445884901.jpeg

SoCal Truck

Reaction score
Where to start.

• Adaptive Cruise Control
  • Remote start comfort features
  • Interior as a whole
  • Ramboxes
  • Power Running Boards
  • Surround Camera

ChadT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm a convert to the Ram brand from the gen4 rebel. I leased one, love(d) it. I was about 100% Sure I'd buy it. I WAS once one of those, "oh I'll never get a 5th gen" guys, buuut...
It won me over with the following features, that I haven't gotten to use yet because I haven't gotten the truck yet!

1) It has the identity from the 4th Gen Rebel I love, refreshed. I love how it looks, I loved the 5.7 hemi, the interior, the tailgate and grille, and I get to keep that. Heck it even comes with the tires I wanted to try next!
2) The same rebel I loved, now with like 500lbs more payload capacity
3) 33gallon tank
4) A power outlet, in the rambox. "YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS!"
5) An e-locker. I verymuch wished the Rebel had one. "don't let your dreams, just be dreams."
6) Improved small overlap crash design
7) USBs eeeeeverywhere, and an outlet in the back because: reasons.
8) 4in extra legroom in the back, also because: reasons.

The sparknotes: This truck has everything I loved about my old truck, and extras.

Lakewake

Site Supporter and Tracking
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Reaction score
The completely awesome 12” Uconnect

AtlasRam1500

Reaction score
Overall love the new front end look and ride quality. But the best new feature i like is the console

djwdjw

Reaction score
The whole thing is just slick, slick, slick. I like so many things about it:

1. Vented seats front at back I can actually *feel*.
2. Adaptive cruise control works very well.
3. Stop/start with eTorque is butter.
4. All the background things eTorque is doing when you're doing something else. Slick!
5. I tried the park assist today for the first time. Really clever. And parks better than I can.
6. The surround camera for a vehicle this size - excellent.
7. The interior design, seat comfort, back seat room and comfort there too. Leather. Outstanding.
8. Air springs, power steps.
9. LED lighting and headlights. I can see!
10. All the Uconnect stuff, remote start. Nav might be better (my other car spoiled me), but there's Waze to compensate.
11. Wifi hotspot - no need for a rear entertainment system for pax and kids. Bring your own device.

There is a lot to love. The list is long.... And it's pretty. I get nearly as many compliments as when my other car was new.

Last edited:

RenoRam

Reaction score
For me, it is hands down the styling of this generation. By far the best looking truck on the market. Add in the interior that is the best out there, it blows away the competition imo.

SoCal Truck

Reaction score
One item that I left out that I am really liking is the light that shines down on the side of the truck and the ground when you get in our out of the truck. It's just an added bonus. Dropped something the other night and was easily able to locate it because of the side light. I have never noticed this in a car or truck before.

bdm219

Reaction score
For me the over the top is definately the pano roof, absolutely love it. I also love the flat large rear floor space and the big center console. The heated steering wheel (not new to me) and built-in tailgate dampener...I could go on and on...love this truck.

Tybee Ram

Reaction score
My steering directed lights have worked only twice since September. How do you set them? I liked it when it worked.

Tybee Ram

Reaction score
One item that I left out that I am really liking is the light that shines down on the side of the truck and the ground when you get in our out of the truck. It's just an added bonus. Dropped something the other night and was easily able to locate it because of the side light. I have never noticed this in a car or truck before.

BMWs have had them for years...

Users who are viewing this thread