5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best New Feature?

Bdog

Reaction score
For me it is the large screen in the dash. That thing is huge and no one other than Tesla has anything like it. The interior as a whole is amazing but everyone who has seen the truck can’t stop talking about the screen

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Pano sunroof in the Rebel. Ah-mazing. Rear leg room and flat floor, Ah-mazing. New Bilstein off road suspension in the Rebel, Ah-mazing!

I'm gonna pause there because I could go on for hours...

Socks

Reaction score
Pano sunroof in the Rebel. Ah-mazing. Rear leg room and flat floor, Ah-mazing. New Bilstein off road suspension in the Rebel, Ah-mazing!

I'm gonna pause there because I could go on for hours...
I like this guys attitude. Figures he is Canadian. Hello from USA. I dig the pano sunroof too.

19RebelZ

Reaction score
My favorite feature over the 4th gen is that their are now 5 knobs to control radio/hvac as opposed the 3 knobs. I hated having to use the touch screen to change settings other than fan speed. Everybody else is all the high-tech features, a close second for me is a backup camera again. 2017 JKU didn’t have it. Didn’t know how bad I missed it.

Smoot178

Reaction score
I've been leaving my truck at the airport for the past few weeks Monday thru Friday and when I come back on that Friday I just love the smell of that leather on my Limited.

I also really like the lights that turn on when you turn.

cjmst23

Reaction score
What do you guys think is the best new 5th Gen feature?

IMO it's gotta be the Surround View Camera.

I use it all the time... Even when I don't need it. Like most of US, this ain't my first truck and I can parallel park my Ram into spot people in Hondas pass up, but I use the camera system anyway because it's fun. Love the accuracy of it.
My 13 didn't have any front sensors and with that sport hood, I'd find myself parking 12-18 inches from the front wall. Now, with surround view.... I'm 3 inches so my tail isn't sticking out.

Ramjeep

Reaction score
Electronic parking brake. I got tired of that archaic push pedal. I found it hard to believe that my 18 Charger 392 still had it.

But seriously, it is a nice feature. :)
Do the new rams have the auto hold feature ? So like if you’re at a light you don’t have to hold the break pedal. I had that feature in a rental a few weeks ago and really liked it .

19llhpb

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Love this thread! Not sure where to start, do I have to choose just one?:unsure:
1. Couldn’t decide, ACC or surround view!
2. 12” screen and all its functions
3. Power running boards
4. Rear seat room (although I’m never back there)
5. Pano roof
6. I could go on and on, I’ll stop now.

19RamLimited

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My favorite things are below.. they really are what made me suck it up and buy a 19 in the first place.

Power deploy Boards
12" screen
Interior as a whole is just great.
Pano Roof
LED headlights
rear floor being flat
Additional leg room in rear
Surround view camera is fantastic
Quality of the image from the camera is great.

Lettika

Reaction score
Quiet cabin, if you choose. Road trip conversations sound more like you are with friends in a library rather than at the bar.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Do the new rams have the auto hold feature ? So like if you’re at a light you don’t have to hold the break pedal. I had that feature in a rental a few weeks ago and really liked it .
Unfortunately, they do not. That's about the one thing I miss the most on my Mercedes.

JoeRam

Reaction score
I've been leaving my truck at the airport for the past few weeks Monday thru Friday and when I come back on that Friday I just love the smell of that leather on my Limited.

I also really like the lights that turn on when you turn.
Please share more of the lights that turn on when turning..... as well does anyone know where to read up on the LED Headlights for the Limited. I would like to know more about the cornering Dynamic AFS Bi LED ?

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Please share more of the lights that turn on when turning..... as well does anyone know where to read up on the LED Headlights for the Limited. I would like to know more about the cornering Dynamic AFS Bi LED ?
The owner's manual is a good place to start.

dutchman187

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Tie for top two for me.

Rear seat leg room and air suspension. Without those two things, I wouldn't be in a RAM, regardless of all the other (very nice!) features.

EDIT to say: I know air suspension isn't new to the 5th gen. :) So I guess it would be the rear leg room. I drove an 18 last year and just didn't like the feel in the backseats at all. Was blown away by 19 rear leg room, as have been every passenger I've had inside.

Rustydodge

Reaction score
Best new features from my wife's perspective: panoramic sunroof and safety features
Best new features from my perspective: flat rear floor, more crew cab space, 360 camera
Best class exclusive features: continuation of Rambox option, etorque

All spoken in future tense, since i don't have a 5th gen yet.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
you are absolutely correct, yet the owners manual shares nothing of what I was asking about.

1541443531007.jpeg

Not much info on the cornering lights, they turn up to 15 degrees (it's printed on the light housing).

Cheers,

1541444032045.jpeg

JoeRam

Reaction score
View attachment 7636

Not much info on the cornering lights, they turn up to 15 degrees (it's printed on the light housing).

Cheers,

View attachment 7637
Thank you Sir.... Tell me do you have a link to the electronic version of our manuals? The link I have and have downloaded does not have any mention of the "Steering Directed Lights" and the the section you highlighted for the fog lamps is incomplete as well. Are there various versions of the Owners Manual ??

Users who are viewing this thread