5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best New Feature?

cjmst23

Reaction score
What do you guys think is the best new 5th Gen feature?

IMO it's gotta be the Surround View Camera.

I use it all the time... Even when I don't need it. Like most of US, this ain't my first truck and I can parallel park my Ram into spot people in Hondas pass up, but I use the camera system anyway because it's fun. Love the accuracy of it.

768mph

Reaction score
Electronic parking brake. I got tired of that archaic push pedal. I found it hard to believe that my 18 Charger 392 still had it.

But seriously, it is a nice feature. :)

cjmst23

Reaction score
Love this thread.... Some positive instead of going down the black hole.

I'm also a huge fan of the LED lights. Wasted lots of time and $$$ chasing that on my 2013.

1stTimeRAM

Reaction score
Really liked the adaptive cruise control on my wife's 2014 Grand Cherokee, so it was a must on any new vehicle for me. I'm sure it will get a lot of use on my RAM. I also thought the fog lights turning on as you turned was a neat feature. I've seen similar features on other vehicles, but the signal light had to be on. The air suspension is also high on my list of likes...also have it on the Jeep. I do wish they would put the option for the Auto Entry/Exit on the RAM like the Jeep has...but maybe there's a reason they don't? :)

Ramit392

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Really liked the adaptive cruise control on my wife's 2014 Grand Cherokee, so it was a must on any new vehicle for me. I'm sure it will get a lot of use on my RAM. I also thought the fog lights turning on as you turned was a neat feature. I've seen similar features on other vehicles, but the signal light had to be on. The air suspension is also high on my list of likes...also have it on the Jeep. I do wish they would put the option for the Auto Entry/Exit on the RAM like the Jeep has...but maybe there's a reason they don't? :)

Not sure how the jeeps work,but I had air suspension on my 14 ram and now the 19. I like it when it works properly,but Mine is currently in the shop for the 4th time to try and solve the Suspension issues sticking in different modes at random.

768mph

Reaction score
Love this thread.... Some positive instead of going down the black hole.

I'm also a huge fan of the LED lights. Wasted lots of time and $$$ chasing that on my 2013.
You’re right. Having had a 16 Ram sport, those headlights were terrible.
I even did the HIR bulb modification, which helped tremendously. Phillips 9011 bulbs. 2300lumens.

But not as good as the LEDs.

Socks

Reaction score
Super light Tailgate
This will be my first truck, but one thing I noticed related to the tailgate is when lifting it up from the far right/left side it doesn't pop off the hinge. Which I am absolutely thankful for. Idk how many trucks I've rented and casually lift from a side rather than the middle and it pops off.

Socks

Reaction score
How both driver & passenger mirrors have the convex portion.

nblack300

Reaction score
Auto hi beams for me. Wife’s YukonXL had it so I knew I had to. I passed on Adaptive cruise because I live in a smaller town and don’t commute in my RAM

Users who are viewing this thread