5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best Hard Tonneau Cover for 2019 1500 5'7" bed

JustCallMeD

Reaction score
Anyone have the part numbers for the silver rails? I got the revolver x4 and didn't realize it won't work with the black rails that I have 🤦🏻‍♂️ Looks like I need to switch out the rails...

DeepH2ODriller

Reaction score
$799 out the door, no tax and no shipping charges at tonneaucovered.com right now.
Was this an “over the phone” price? The guy quoted me $839 w/ free shipping, through email contact. I work offshore South America, 12 hours a day. Kinda hard for me to call from here, our internet isn’t that good.

Green Streak

Reaction score
Was this an “over the phone” price? The guy quoted me $839 w/ free shipping, through email contact. I work offshore South America, 12 hours a day. Kinda hard for me to call from here, our internet isn’t that good.
I did it via pop-up text with a guy on their website. I then called and talked with him. Manufacturer also had a $50 mail rebate, but I believe that ended 12/2 I believe.

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
New to the site and first time Ram/Truck owner... Looking for some information/recommendations on the best fitting and quality hard and foldable tonneau covers on the market. Look at the Bakflip MX4 but really dont want to spend $1200 after tax and shipping. Let me know your thoughts! TIA
Gator.
I got the quad fold for my 6'4. Not sure if they make one for the short bed. Just a FYI...not every trifold cover allows full bed access so no matter which one you look at....check to see if it allows full access to bed.

Graniterambox

Reaction score
Anybody have experience comparing lomax to the undercover armor shield? Reviews for lomax are fantastic. I really like that the undercover has the linex coating though.

broken_vet

Reaction score
Anybody have experience comparing lomax to the undercover armor shield? Reviews for lomax are fantastic. I really like that the undercover has the linex coating though.
I a 2020 with the regular bed. I struggled with deciding between the Lomax and the ArmorFlex, and ended up going with the Lomax because I've had great luck with Agri-cover products. I have nothing bad to say about Lomax, but I underestimated how often I need use of the full bed, and the Lomax doesn't fold all of the way up, and I don't like removing the cover everytime I do need to use the bed. If I were to do it again, I'd get the ArmorFlex. I have a 2021 with Ramboxes on order, and I'm going with the MX4 for it because when it's opened all the way up, it doesn't appear to block the camera for the led review mirror, otherwise it would again be the ArmorFlex. There is the new Lomax Stance, but I have no desire to stick those brackets to the top of my truck.

Morenar

Reaction score
I don't have experience with the lomax but it was one that the local accessory shop try to sell me on. I just couldn't take having the latches glued to the top of the cab. I ended up ordering the Armorflex and installed it myself and have no complaints.

Colton033

Reaction score
New to the site and first time Ram/Truck owner... Looking for some information/recommendations on the best fitting and quality hard and foldable tonneau covers on the market. Look at the Bakflip MX4 but really dont want to spend $1200 after tax and shipping. Let me know your thoughts! TIA
Without a doubt, and you can get them for less than a grand, the bakflip MX4. Durable, weathertight, proper drainage, very easy to fold back.

RJS

Reaction score
Another Armorflex owner. I bought it because it folds up close to the cab without touching it and it's hard to dent and scratch. It also has locks on each individual section so it would hard to pry up. All that said, I'd buy it again for my next truck.

Tarheel14

Reaction score
I purchased the Undercover armor flex because of issues I read about the bakflip being easily scratched. I like my cover. Its pretty solid even after a year or so. Can walk on top of it.

DeepH2ODriller

Reaction score
I did it via pop-up text with a guy on their website. I then called and talked with him. Manufacturer also had a $50 mail rebate, but I believe that ended 12/2 I believe.
Yep. I emailed Peter at Tonneaucovered.com and got a really good deal. $799 for the Bakflip MX4!! Really excited about installing it when I get home!

Olive Green 5.7

Reaction score
Yep. I emailed Peter at Tonneaucovered.com and got a really good deal. $799 for the Bakflip MX4!! Really excited about installing it when I get home!
I also ordered from Peter. My MX4 gets delivered today. Should have it installed this weekend.

Lrpilot

Reaction score
Is there any advantage to having these covers professionally installed vs. DIY? Thanks.

Morenar

Reaction score
Is there any advantage to having these covers professionally installed vs. DIY? Thanks.
The install was very easy for my Armorflex. I don't see anything a local installer would do different than what I would do. The warranty on the cover is the same whether you install it yourself or have it professionally installed.

Olive Green 5.7

Reaction score
I want to say I was quoted like $30-$50 at a few different places here in town. If it's that cheap, it must be easy. I'm doing mine myself.

Ram Man 727

Reaction score
I have the Encore Xceed..love it !
I had an Undercover Flex on my last Ram.. went through 3 of them in 5 years.. horrible cover and I'll never buy an Undercover again.

B33k

Reaction score
I ordered the Undercover Ultraflex from Peter. It’s been a couple of weeks though and haven’t seen it has even shipped yet. How long did it take yours to arrive?

Users who are viewing this thread