5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best Hard Tonneau Cover for 2019 1500 5'7" bed

Gitter

Reaction score
I have the Revolver X4. I like it pretty well, but have trouble opening the tailgate. I think the fit is pretty snug so I have to push in on the tailgate to so it will release and open. Anyone else have this issue with any of the other tops?

I have had the Revolver X4 for about a month. I initially had it too snug at the tailgate as well. Just loosened the clamps holding the rails, moved it forward a millimeter or two and that fixed it. Now I can open the tailgate with the remote without issues. I have to put a little more force into closing it still...but that could also be because I have a Bedrug extending out onto the tailgate now.

20201120_120429.jpg
20201031_133821.jpg
20201031_133657.jpg
20201031_133635.jpg
20201031_132844.jpg

This is my 3rd tonneau (each on different trucks) and this is easily my favorite. It has basically no leaks... definitely none along the sides (more below for the small corner leaks). It's strong and secure yet I dont have to lock it separately (which my wife would always forget to do). I can still have the tailgate open on its own. It still allows for nearly full use of the bed. Is low profile and looks great.

For the leaks, each truck leaks in the corners... especially at the tailgate. So during install, I added some adhesive foam to the tailgate. Its not 100%, but it now only dribbles down the edge of the tailgate and stays out of the bed itself:
20201031_132930.jpg

I also added some of the leftover gasket trim to the front corners next to the cab (under the Revolver metal at the very corner) to fill that tiny gap:
20201031_132903.jpg

Hope the pics help someone.

Kroger

Reaction score
I have had the Revolver X4 for about a month. I initially had it too snug at the tailgate as well. Just loosened the clamps holding the rails, moved it forward a millimeter or two and that fixed it. Now I can open the tailgate with the remote without issues. I have to put a little more force into closing it still...but that could also be because I have a Bedrug extending out onto the tailgate now.

View attachment 75341
View attachment 75342
View attachment 75344
View attachment 75345
View attachment 75346

This is my 3rd tonneau (each on different trucks) and this is easily my favorite. It has basically no leaks... definitely none along the sides (more below for the small corner leaks). It's strong and secure yet I dont have to lock it separately (which my wife would always forget to do). I can still have the tailgate open on its own. It still allows for nearly full use of the bed. Is low profile and looks great.

For the leaks, each truck leaks in the corners... especially at the tailgate. So during install, I added some adhesive foam to the tailgate. Its not 100%, but it now only dribbles down the edge of the tailgate and stays out of the bed itself:
View attachment 75347

I also added some of the leftover gasket trim to the front corners next to the cab (under the Revolver metal at the very corner) to fill that tiny gap:
View attachment 75348

Hope the pics help someone.
Thank you greatly! Picking up my Truck Thursday and the X4 is set to arrive today ahead of the truck.

DjRebel

Reaction score
Anyone have a recent estimate for a BakFlip MX4 for a 5'7" bed no ram box recently?

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

Roaddog359

Reaction score
I am looking at the undercover armor flex cover. wanting to know if it works with rambox and the bed utility group cargo tie down rails from the factory and also how i would find Luke at Truck Alterations for a price? Is he a forum member? Can some one point me into the right direction or have him reach out to me? My truck is a all blacked out 2021 1500 Limited with rambox, short 5.7 bed, multi function tailgate and the factory bed utility group cargo tie down rails.

Morenar

Reaction score
I am looking at the undercover armor flex cover. wanting to know if it works with rambox and the bed utility group cargo tie down rails from the factory and also how i would find Luke at Truck Alterations for a price? Is he a forum member? Can some one point me into the right direction or have him reach out to me? My truck is a all blacked out 2021 1500 Limited with rambox, short 5.7 bed, multi function tailgate and the factory bed utility group cargo tie down rails.
I am about to install mine this weekend. If have the same bed setup as you with ramboxes. The only thing is I do not have the multifunction tailgate. I will let you know how the install goes but I was told it would fit.

Carlmyman

Reaction score
Bakflip MX4 is an awesome choice, expensive, but a great cover. I got mine on AutoAnything.com for $839 which included tax & shipping. The price made it a no brainer for me. Whatever you get, good luck & welcome aboard.
Carl

Roaddog359

Reaction score
I am about to install mine this weekend. If have the same bed setup as you with ramboxes. The only thing is I do not have the multifunction tailgate. I will let you know how the install goes but I was told it would fit.
I was told today by Undercover Truck Bed Covers that it WILL NOT fit since I have the factory BUG bed utility group with the BLACK cargo management rails. So I guess I wont be purchasing that cover. Funny that no site even mentions that the cover wont work with the black color factory cargo rails.

Green Streak

Reaction score
Anyone have a recent estimate for a BakFlip MX4 for a 5'7" bed no ram box recently?

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk
$799 out the door, no tax and no shipping charges at tonneaucovered.com right now.

Morenar

Reaction score
I was told today by Undercover Truck Bed Covers that it WILL NOT fit since I have the factory BUG bed utility group with the BLACK cargo management rails. So I guess I wont be purchasing that cover. Funny that no site even mentions that the cover wont work with the black color factory cargo rails.
I have the silver rails on mine and was told by Undercover they will work with mine.

Ramgoose

Reaction score
I have the silver rails on mine and was told by Undercover they will work with mine.
ARE Fusion paint matched from Real Truck. Underside matches Bed Rug and comes with LED light.

Attachments

• B3621669-186F-4AB2-98A4-22E1795BA869.jpeg
    B3621669-186F-4AB2-98A4-22E1795BA869.jpeg
    142 KB · Views: 74

William1034

Reaction score
New to the site and first time Ram/Truck owner... Looking for some information/recommendations on the best fitting and quality hard and foldable tonneau covers on the market. Look at the Bakflip MX4 but really dont want to spend $1200 after tax and shipping. Let me know your thoughts! TIA
I got my bakflip mx4 off of Amazon for $950 no shipping. Got it in 2 days.

Morenar

Reaction score
Installed my undercover armor flex this weekend on my 1500 with rambox. Anyone who has installed this cover or similar. How far does the last fold overlap onto your tailgate? I have tried to get mine to overlap a bit more but does not seem to be enough to make a good seal.
Also what extra seals have you added to keep out water around the top tailgate area? The undercover ones are not that thick. I'll post pics up tomorrow if they may help.
It rained tonight so I will see how well it really kept most of the water out when I check tomorrow morning.

Morenar

Reaction score
Installed my undercover armor flex this weekend on my 1500 with rambox. Anyone who has installed this cover or similar. How far does the last fold overlap onto your tailgate? I have tried to get mine to overlap a bit more but does not seem to be enough to make a good seal.
Also what extra seals have you added to keep out water around the top tailgate area? The undercover ones are not that thick. I'll post pics up tomorrow if they may help.
It rained tonight so I will see how well it really kept most of the water out when I check tomorrow morning.
Here are the pics

Attachments

• IMG_9491.JPG
    IMG_9491.JPG
    155.8 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_9494.JPG
    IMG_9494.JPG
    131.2 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_E9489.JPG
    IMG_E9489.JPG
    206.6 KB · Views: 129

RJS

Reaction score
My Armorflex without Ram Boxes. The tailgate seals very well against the gasket, no leaks there. Because I haven't added any seals between the tailgate and body I do get a small amount of water there but it's not the covers fault. It's not enough to make me try to seal the whole tailgate area.

Attachments

•  armorflex2.jpg
    armorflex2.jpg
    182.6 KB · Views: 75

Morenar

Reaction score
My Armorflex without Ram Boxes. The tailgate seals very well against the gasket, no leaks there. Because I haven't added any seals between the tailgate and body I do get a small amount of water there but it's not the covers fault. It's not enough to make me try to seal the whole tailgate area.
Thanks, I notice the seals they send with the cover are not the greatest. I checked the bed this morning after the rain last night and the inside tailgate was wet. I adjusted the cover again this morning to see if it's any better. I also made a short post install video and posted it on YouTube with some pointers on issues I encountered.

DeepH2ODriller

Reaction score
So I highly recommend the MX4. I had one on my 2017 RAM and it did very well. I just ordered another one for my new 2020 RAM. I got what seems to be a great deal. $799 including shipping. TonneauCovered.com. So here is what I did, went to several sites and put a few different options into the cart. Went through the process of adding shipping and billing address, and email information and right before paying and adding credit card information, I left the site.
This company reached out and reminded me of the cart and offered a discount. I ignored that and a few days later,
to my surprise was sent an email to “Make an Offer”. So I requested $799 including shipping. Done.
I just hope that it’s not a scam....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
98442bd37ef8dd14b3eca5f9aec0b0fa.jpg
So I highly recommend the MX4. I had one on my 2017 RAM and it did very well. I just ordered another one for my new 2020 RAM. I got what seems to be a great deal. $799 including shipping. TonneauCovered.com. So here is what I did, went to several sites and put a few different options into the cart. Went through the process of adding shipping and billing address, and email information and right before paying and adding credit card information, I left the site.
This company reached out and reminded me of the cart and offered a discount. I ignored that and a few days later,
to my surprise was sent an email to “Make an Offer”. So I requested $799 including shipping. Done.
I just hope that it’s not a scam....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
98442bd37ef8dd14b3eca5f9aec0b0fa.jpg
That’s a great idea! I can’t seem to find how to put product in cart or even order on their website, tonneaucovered.com. They just want you to call them. Unfortunately, I work offshore in South America. Don’t have much time for phone calls. May have to wait until I get home 😩. I don’t understand why they won’t let you order online!

Hemogoblin

Reaction score
I bought mine at CW Limited. The top itself is great, tri fold hard top design, and I bought it with a group of 4 guys and we all got a nice discount. I think the top with tax came out to $450 Canadian or so.
That said, I have no idea how long the latches will last. They are cheap and a weak design. Granted, I used to have an Xtang top for my previous F150 and while the tops are amazing and easy to use, I can't bring myself to pay triple the price. No thanks.

bcpong

Reaction score
That’s a great idea! I can’t seem to find how to put product in cart or even order on their website, tonneaucovered.com. They just want you to call them. Unfortunately, I work offshore in South America. Don’t have much time for phone calls. May have to wait until I get home 😩. I don’t understand why they won’t let you order online!
I've seen this in a few places. I think they're not allowed to advertise their lowest price ... they probably think its harder to lose a sale if they're on the phone with you.

I ordered a MX4 few weeks back from tonneaufactoryoutlet and bak sent a cover for w/o rambox instead of with which was a disappointment and pushed my install out. But TFO's customer service has been great and pushed for Bak to overnight me the correct cover. That could not have been cheap given how big these boxes are and how heavy they are. On the FedEx truck out for delivery today!

Users who are viewing this thread