5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best Exhaust / Yes, I’ve used the search bar

Ataboyrebel

Reaction score
Yeah that I can’t answer. I haven’t heard it described that way before. I have always heard the borla is very high quality. Some just think it’s too loud for them. Others go straight for the Attack or even a delete so obviously sound is very subjective. Have you thoroughly checked that all clamps and connections are tight? Maybe you got a bad muffler and the internal baffling has come undone? Might want to call borla and see if they can have a shop listen to it and potentially swap out the muffler if that’s the issue.
And yes... it maybe defective.. my experience with tune muffler are:
2019 Dodge Challenger 392 stock with active valve(far the best)
2010 F150 4.6 with Magnaflow
2013 Jeep Wrangler Magnaflow
2016 Jeep Wrangler Magnaflow

Scott_65

Ram Guru
Reaction score
And yes... it maybe defective.. my experience with tune muffler are:
2019 Dodge Challenger 392 stock with active valve(far the best)
2010 F150 4.6 with Magnaflow
2013 Jeep Wrangler Magnaflow
2016 Jeep Wrangler Magnaflow

I would check the install to see if the clamps are loose or perhaps the gasket is compromised. I’m running the Atak and yes it’s loud on a cold start and when you step on it but that’s to be expected. It surely doesn’t sound like “missing parts” as you describe, it’s very tight sounding.

Ataboyrebel

Reaction score
I would check the install to see if the clamps are loose or perhaps the gasket is compromised. I’m running the Atak and yes it’s loud on a cold start and when you step on it but that’s to be expected. It surely doesn’t sound like “missing parts” as you describe, it’s very tight sounding.
Everything torque to spec at RAM dealer. I just receive an email from Borla and the resonator should be the solution... Sound agressivity and volume down near touring series...

Moniter1

Reaction score
I’m looking for the best sounding exhaust for our 5.7’s. Doesn’t necessarily need to be a full catback.

I’m looking for slightly louder than stock. I do 120 miles of highway driving a day so I prefer no drone as well.

Anytime I search for exhausts, everyone seems to just want the loudest such as Carven.

Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have had the borla S type on mine for about a month now and absolutely love everything about it. From fit and finish, to sound quality, its exactly what i paid for. It will wake the neighbors on a cold start, but it's only slightly louder than stock while at highway speed and I mean slightly. Zero drone, but an aggressive growl when the truck downshift or you step on it. Exactly what you want in my opinion. Its a bit loud for some i guess, but i didn't buy a 5.7L V8 to not hear the engine. I bought it to have more power than I need. Added bonus.. The little skinny jean wearing, Subaru driving millennial down the street doesn't rev his rice engine around the neighborhood anymore.

Ps, my mpg increased by 1.3mpg according to the trip computer.

ZonaRam44

Reaction score
I just had the 14 inch magnaflow muffler installed. Part number 11229. It was under $200 installed at a local shop. Sounds great overall, very low tone. You know it's an after market exhaust, but it's not obnoxious at all. There's a little drone in the lower gears, but I've only had it on for a couple days so I'll post a better write up after I have some time with it.
20200127_120149.jpg

Shmannion13

Reaction score
Possibly stupid question but i need to know. I can’t decide between s-type or Atak. I’ve heard some sound clips with the Atak with the Borla resonator... my question is would the Atak with the resonator be more aggressive then the s-type still or is it practically the same system at this point ?

Users who are viewing this thread