5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best exhaust upgrade

jmj12396

Reaction score
I have the MBRP and like it a lot. However, I cringe every time I forget to turn off the MDS. Sounds horrible. Looking for a way to permanently disable MDS.

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the MBRP and like it a lot. However, I cringe every time I forget to turn off the MDS. Sounds horrible. Looking for a way to permanently disable MDS.
lol I have that as well (hi/flow 5153) but the MDS doesn't bother me. only thing I am thinking further down is resonator delete to increase volume

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Liking the sound of one muffler over another is subjective. Thinking s flowmaster sounds like a Borla is not.
he said Flowmaster sounds just as good as borla in his opinion. He didn't say flowmaster is the same as borla. 🤷‍♂️

L Curtis

Reaction score
You can eliminate that hissing by plugging the weep holes in the resonators. I have used atv and also jb weld, both worked fine
I have same MBRP muffler and the “hissing” noise was driving me crazy, so yes, I also plugged up the weep holes. To me it made a huge difference. Overall very good sound for the money and time spent. That damn stock muffler was #%+*=&# heavy! Truck lost 88 lbs.

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have same MBRP muffler and the “hissing” noise was driving me crazy, so yes, I also plugged up the weep holes. To me it made a huge difference. Overall very good sound for the money and time spent. That damn stock muffler was #%+*=&# heavy! Truck lost 88 lbs.
LOL, it is heavy. And I agree, that MBRP is a great value.

DeanM2

Reaction score
Thinking about an exhaust modification, BUT...
I have pretty severe hearing loss after a lifetime of Guns, loud music, and loud cars. My hearing aids mostly make all of the sounds I don't want to hear louder. Most of the time, I prefer "silence". But I still appreciate a little grumble from my vehicle. I would like to hear some exhaust when the windows are down and I am idling or accelerating, but I DO NOT want to hear the exhaust AT ALL, and sure as hell no droaning, when the windows are up and I am cruising on the freeway. Is there an exhaust (other than stock) that will do that?

Last edited:

L Curtis

Reaction score
Dude. Same muffler here. It’s amazing to me how setting the gear limit has become second nature. I mean it is as normal as putting on seat belt, I don’t even think about it.

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Depending on how much you want to spend, an unlocked pcm with a tuner can disable mds. That has become one of my favorite investments.

Users who are viewing this thread