5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best exhaust upgrade

MO Rebel

Reaction score
So for an update, I went with the MBRP 5143 muffler replacement. I'm liking it the more I drive. It took some time getting used to. It is somewhat louder then stock rumble. More throaty. No drone. You definitely know you have something there. Cold startup is loud, but mellows out soon after. Then you just hear it while getting on it. Sounds nice at highway speeds.
Glad you like it. It’s pretty much exactly what I was looking for. Nice V8 sound, but still within reason.

Raydar

Reaction score
I've got the Flwomaster FlowFX on my 2019 5.7. It's a bit louder than stock, but definitely not "pizz off the neighbors" loud.
Reminds me of the 383 Roadrunner that my neighbor used to have, when I was growing up.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Really like my GT exhaust. Simple install since it’s exactly like the stock exhaust and sounds just perfect for me. I’ve had much louder exhaust but really appreciate how this one can be fairly tame when idling around and screams at full throttle when you want it to. Cold start sounds way better than stock too. Nothing too obnoxious but for sure sounds like a Hemi should.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I've got the Flwomaster FlowFX on my 2019 5.7. It's a bit louder than stock, but definitely not "pizz off the neighbors" loud.
Reminds me of the 383 Roadrunner that my neighbor used to have, when I was growing up.
I’m enjoying mine as well. Not too loud, but sounds good when you get on it.

BassCat51

Reaction score
So for an update, I went with the MBRP 5143 muffler replacement. I'm liking it the more I drive. It took some time getting used to. It is somewhat louder then stock rumble. More throaty. No drone. You definitely know you have something there. Cold startup is loud, but mellows out soon after. Then you just hear it while getting on it. Sounds nice at highway speeds.
I am looking at getting this one as well. I have the 3.92 rear gear and mostly using the truck on hwys/interstates in the 1700-2200 RPM range. how is it at those speeds? Do lots of 4 hour trips with my wife and baby so want something quiet at speed.

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a Dynomax Ultraflow 24" muffler and a B2 Fab resonator delete. It's PEFECT. Sounds so deep and muscular, but ZERO drone inside the cab. I just love it. Rarely does an exhaust mod come out perfect but for the first time in my life this one did.

MO Rebel

Reaction score
I am looking at getting this one as well. I have the 3.92 rear gear and mostly using the truck on hwys/interstates in the 1700-2200 RPM range. how is it at those speeds? Do lots of 4 hour trips with my wife and baby so want something quiet at speed.
Definitely fine for those rpm’s. No problem talking or sleeping inside the cab. It’s not obnoxious at all, but still wakes up the V8, particularly when you want it to. I still have the rear resonators on mine.

tabber02

Reaction score
looking at the flow master outlaw. i like the sound of it from what i heard on youtube need to find someone local with an aftermarket exhaust to get a better sense. anyone near Tampa Florida that'd be open to meeting up?

GWillings

Reaction score
Absolutely when doing the exhaust, do a full cat back system. That way you are not going back to get the resonators out. I put the MBRP XP Series High Flow Replacement Muffler, which leaves the rear resonators. Now I am looking into the B2 Fabrications resonator delete. There is some drone created from those resonators, and it makes it sound like garbage. Just bite the bullet and pay for the cat back system.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Absolutely when doing the exhaust, do a full cat back system. That way you are not going back to get the resonators out. I put the MBRP XP Series High Flow Replacement Muffler, which leaves the rear resonators. Now I am looking into the B2 Fabrications resonator delete. There is some drone created from those resonators, and it makes it sound like garbage. Just bite the bullet and pay for the cat back system.
I didn’t take my resonators out because I wanted to prevent drone. Maybe different with flowfx than mbrp

MO Rebel

Reaction score
I didn’t take my resonators out because I wanted to prevent drone. Maybe different with flowfx than mbrp
Didn’t 2019 and before have front and rear resonators? My 2022 only has rear resonators, but I don’t notice any drone with the MBRP with the rear resonators still in. The resonators should help eliminate drone if anything. There is the slight hiss at idle that supposedly can be fixed by filling in the weep holes, but it doesn’t really effect overall sound, particularly under throttle. I’ve thought about doing the rear resonators delete, but I’m not sure I want it any louder.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Didn’t 2019 and before have front and rear resonators? My 2022 only has rear resonators, but I don’t notice any drone with the MBRP with the rear resonators still in. The resonators should help eliminate drone if anything. There is the slight hiss at idle that supposedly can be fixed by filling in the weep holes, but it doesn’t really affect overall sound, particularly under throttle. I’ve thought about doing the rear resonators delete, but I’m not sure I want it any louder.
Idk about that sry. All I know about is the rear ones. But I don’t have drone now so I’ll leave them for the foreseeable future.

GWillings

Reaction score
Didn’t 2019 and before have front and rear resonators? My 2022 only has rear resonators, but I don’t notice any drone with the MBRP with the rear resonators still in. The resonators should help eliminate drone if anything. There is the slight hiss at idle that supposedly can be fixed by filling in the weep holes, but it doesn’t really effect overall sound, particularly under throttle. I’ve thought about doing the rear resonators delete, but I’m not sure I want it any louder.
Droning kicks in when the MDS starts, when you hit eco mode. The ONLY way I can avoid hearing the drone is to use the gear limiter and set it, or turn on the tow/haul.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Droning kicks in when the MDS starts, when you hit eco mode. The ONLY way I can avoid hearing the drone is to use the gear limiter and set it, or turn on the tow/haul.
I have no drone with my Carven even in MDS.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I don’t have mds drone either with my flowfx

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online