5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best Exhaust System 2022 1500 Laramie 5.7L Hemi

TheLegend

Reaction score
Keep us posted when you get it from. I will be doing this in May.

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk
Will do I’m going to talk to my guy tomorrow after a meeting I have in the morning I’ll keep y’all posted for sure.

Rump2022

Reaction score
Hello all! Wanted to get all the experts opinions on what the best exhaust system would be for my new truck? What I’m wanting is something that isn’t going to wake up everyone in the morning but I want that Hemi to show what it can do. Also, I would like it to where I can still hear my radio and talk to passengers. My 2 year old and wife loves riding in my truck and talking to me if that gives y’all some idea. I was looking at either the Borla S-Type or the AWE 0FG but it’s hard to tell the actual noise of it from videos so was looking for everyone’s opinion? What are y’all’s opinions?
I just installed the Borla s-type and really like the sound. I don’t find it to loud and my neighbours on both sides of me said they barely hear it on cold morning starts. I bought from Parts Engine in Canada for $500 less than what the Ram dealers price. Part number 140752.

TheLegend

Reaction score
I just installed the Borla s-type and really like the sound. I don’t find it to loud and my neighbours on both sides of me said they barely hear it on cold morning starts. I bought from Parts Engine in Canada for $500 less than what the Ram dealers price. Part number 140752.
Really?? What was the shipping did it not cost about the difference if not that’s a deal!

Rump2022

Reaction score
Dang that is a steal.. I went to their website I don’t know if they went up on their MSRP or what but it converted to around $1,227 USD. When did you get it?
Bought on January 29. After 10% discount Paid $1585 Canadian including tax. I live in Canada so shipping was included. Dealer wanted$1999.99 before tax.

COWBOY CADILLAC

Reaction score
Hello all! Wanted to get all the experts opinions on what the best exhaust system would be for my new truck? What I’m wanting is something that isn’t going to wake up everyone in the morning but I want that Hemi to show what it can do. Also, I would like it to where I can still hear my radio and talk to passengers. My 2 year old and wife loves riding in my truck and talking to me if that gives y’all some idea. I was looking at either the Borla S-Type or the AWE 0FG but it’s hard to tell the actual noise of it from videos so was looking for everyone’s opinion? What are y’all’s opinions?

MOPAR Cat-Back Exhaust System

nithsss6600

Reaction score
Borla S type. Cold starts are very loud especially in a covered space. WOT sound is awesome. Highway speeds you can hear the exhaust but comfortable. My wife nd kid never complained. Low speeds are silent. You will learn to adjust the gas to b silent. Never experienced other exhausts to compare.

TheLegend

Reaction score
Borla S type. Cold starts are very loud especially in a covered space. WOT sound is awesome. Highway speeds you can hear the exhaust but comfortable. My wife nd kid never complained. Low speeds are silent. You will learn to adjust the gas to b silent. Never experienced other exhausts to compare.
Thanks for the information that’s really good to know I really like the sound but I just worry it might be to much for me but from what I understand after about 400 miles or so they break in right? Did yours?

nithsss6600

Reaction score
Thanks for the information that’s really good to know I really like the sound but I just worry it might be to much for me but from what I understand after about 400 miles or so they break in right? Did yours?
Yes thats right. It was louder when it was new. Mine is 2 yrs nd nice its a nice v8 growl.

TheLegend

Reaction score
I think we gotta get the folks with the SType, the touring, the b2 and the g/t exhaust to all meet up and take us for a ride....
Lol, that’s what I’m saying anyone near Memphis, TN? I’d be down for a ride around.

TheLegend

Reaction score
Yes thats right. It was louder when it was new. Mine is 2 yrs nd nice its a nice v8 growl.
Nice okay that’s good to know. And with the stainless it’s still looking good no rusting or anything?

nithsss6600

Reaction score
Nice okay that’s good to know. And with the stainless it’s still looking good no rusting or anything?
Nothing so far. Here in desert its always dry 😀. Black tips kinda have some water/dirt marks and needs polishing.

davidn0021

Reaction score
Just installed the Touring yesterday. Did a quick cold start and it is definitely louder and a deeper sound than stock. I’ll drive it around today to see just how loud it is.

TheLegend

Reaction score
Nothing so far. Here in desert its always dry 😀. Black tips kinda have some water/dirt marks and needs polishing.
That’s good so their stainless actual holds up that’s what I worry about with my stock I’ve seen people take theirs off in installs putting in new exhaust systems and they are all rusted and look just terrible. I have great nice humidity here… so much fun

TheLegend

Reaction score
Just installed the Touring yesterday. Did a quick cold start and it is definitely louder and a deeper sound than stock. I’ll drive it around today to see just how loud it is.
Let me know how you like it last night I was showing my wife the video Borla did between stock and Atak and she liked the touring the best so follow up let me know how you like it and how the inside sounds driving please!

TheLegend

Reaction score
By the way you installed it yourself? How was it everyone says you can do it yourself. Did you have jacks or anything?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
By the way you installed it yourself? How was it everyone says you can do it yourself. Did you have jacks or anything?
You will need jack stands, or if you have air suspension, put in off-road 2

Users who are viewing this thread