5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best cleaner for dash

dutchman187

Ram Guru
Reaction score
303 Leather and 303 Aerospace are my preferences. Griots Interior Cleaner is really well liked by most people, but it happened to discolor carpet on my wife's car when I used it so I've never tried it again. Really odd since it is regarded highly by most

badpewterz

Reaction score
on my own vehicles and customers cars i use super clean cut 10:1 in a 32oz bottle and add 8 drops of dawn dish soap.
( do not use in direct sunlight as any cleaner can will leave streaks) works extremely well and very safe. follow up with aerospace 303
if it isnt that bad and just a wipe down adams interior cleaner is awesome and the scents are great and matte finish no shine

Timeless

Ram Guru
Reaction score
303 is a great protectant. Just be mindful that it does not air dry, always follow up with a dry towel to buff it dry.

First I've heard of this not air drying...never had an issue in well over 20 years of using it.

I have recently switched to Carpro Perl diluted for interior or exterior uses and love it as well.

KRField

Reaction score
First I've heard of this not air drying...never had an issue in well over 20 years of using it.

I have recently switched to Carpro Perl diluted for interior or exterior uses and love it as well.

Perl works great too. I like the 303 for the UV protection. From the Gold Eagle Website

USAGE DIRECTIONS:
Use only on clean surfaces. For best results use 303 Multi-Surface Cleaner. Place a drop cloth under the cleaner to be treated to catch any overspray. Out of direct sun, spray surface with 303 Aerospace Protectant and WIPE COMPLETELY DRY. If streaking occurs, too much product has been used. Use a wet towel to remove excess, IMMEDIATELY WIPE COMPLETELY DRY.

Note: this product does not air dry. Extra buffing with a dry cloth INCREASES bonding, repellency & longevity. Apply every 3-5 weeks for maximum UV protection.

Great for use on a variety of surfaces such as: vinyl, leather, plastics, synthetic & natural rubber, PVC, gel coat & fiberglass.

Ideal for: Hypalon inflatable boats, wet/dry suits, tires, side-out seals, RV EDPM rubber roofing (for your safety, never walk on a wet roof), helmets, visors, and goggles. Not for use on unfinished leathers (such as suede), fabrics (canvas), floorings, clear plastics, gauge panels, or headlights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Timeless

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Perl works great too. I like the 303 for the UV protection. From the Gold Eagle Website

USAGE DIRECTIONS:
Use only on clean surfaces. For best results use 303 Multi-Surface Cleaner. Place a drop cloth under the cleaner to be treated to catch any overspray. Out of direct sun, spray surface with 303 Aerospace Protectant and WIPE COMPLETELY DRY. If streaking occurs, too much product has been used. Use a wet towel to remove excess, IMMEDIATELY WIPE COMPLETELY DRY.

Note: this product does not air dry. Extra buffing with a dry cloth INCREASES bonding, repellency & longevity. Apply every 3-5 weeks for maximum UV protection.

I believed you...just have never wiped it after using it and never had any issues.

Also Carpro Perl has UV protection as well.

KRField

Reaction score
I believed you...just have never wiped it after using it and never had any issues.

Also Carpro Perl has UV protection as well.

Never took it that way just posting to inform others.

Perl was my go to dressing for tires and engine bay for a while a few years back. I switch things up a bit. I need some more ECH2o so may pick some up to see how it plays with the Ram.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crazycrew

Reaction score
I use this stuff

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
I use a pretty good amount of Meguiar’s natural shine or extra shine, rub it on with a microfiber, then I spray Chemical Guys new Hydrothread (ceramic coating for interiors) and it comes out good! The ceramic coating seems to help keep the amount of dust down and prevents any liquids or food (or sneezes) to stick to the interior panels.

JK556762

Reaction score
I'm looking for recommendations on the best cleaner for your dashboards. I have the metallic gray exterior with black interior. So far I have used armor all and Turtle wax interior cleaner, and both have left smears.

Has anyone found a product that cleans the dash and components well that doesn't leave any streaks or residue?
P&S Interior cleaner is the best I've used. There isn't a surface ive found that it won't clean safely...

Brothergunner

Reaction score
I like the chemical guys interior cleaner. It goes on everything and it doesn't hurt anything, to follow behind it I use the silk dressing from chemical guys, as long as you wipe up all excess it work really well, especially if your dash is already faded a little.

Kevinch

Reaction score
To clean: Woolite Delicates (not the regular detergent you add to a washing machine) about 1x to 10x water. It's very gentle, will foam very little & will do a good job cleaning. Then protect with whatever you prefer - I like a more natural, dull sheen than the shiny original Armor-All stuff. This isn't my recipe; I found it from a very reputable auto detailer from a Detailing web site. I've been using it for years on interiors (including carpets) & it has always worked well for me. Delicates - 16oz - Front (1).jpg

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I use 303 on the outside but inside I use Meguiar's Natural Shine wipes:

I also have spray too but the wipes make it easy to get into the nooks and crannies. Plus there's no overspray. The 'natural' is more of a matte finish so there's not as much reflection in the windshield when you're driving.

Last edited:

Haastyle75

Reaction score
Highly recommend Meguiars Ultimate Interior Detailer.

Keep in mind if you park outside all day the Sun will play havoc on the dash and film up the inside of your windshield.

_StangPGH

Reaction score
303 Aerospace, the best inside and out. Truly exceptional on bed covers

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

AZHUND

Reaction score
I like the chemical guys interior cleaner. It goes on everything and it doesn't hurt anything, to follow behind it I use the silk dressing from chemical guys, as long as you wipe up all excess it work really well, especially if your dash is already faded a little.
Same as this guy - that stuff takes out the issue of cleaning overspray off the glass/screen etc. as it is safe on glass and looks good (no tacky armor-all style shine). Also use 303 Aerospace on exterior plastic and bed cover (Jeep 'community' swears by it for the miles of black plastic those things have).

Timeless

Ram Guru
Reaction score
303 Aerospace, the best inside and out. Truly exceptional on bed covers

I agreed forever...but last year tried CarPro Perl and really think it is better. I like that you can dilute it to different levels for inside and outside uses.

_StangPGH

Reaction score
I agreed forever...but last year tried CarPro Perl and really think it is better. I like that you can dilute it to different levels for inside and outside uses.
Thanks will give it a try

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread