5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best cleaner for dash

Hez

Reaction score
I'm looking for recommendations on the best cleaner for your dashboards. I have the metallic gray exterior with black interior. So far I have used armor all and Turtle wax interior cleaner, and both have left smears.

Has anyone found a product that cleans the dash and components well that doesn't leave any streaks or residue?

KRField

Reaction score
If looking buying off the shelf

Griots Garage Interior Cleaner

Or you can use an interior quick detailer which is good for wipe downs with leaving a little protection behind

Or

If looking to order I like to use

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Hez

Paultg

Reaction score
So I don’t have my truck yet, but in general I prefer to just dust my dash and other interior areas off with a microfiber towel. If it has dirt on it then I like the Armor All “Cleaning” wipes only. I’m not a fan of everything being super shiny or a residue left behind. These Cleaning wipes don’t leave any residue and they do not make everything shiny/wet looking.

Hez

Reaction score
So I don’t have my truck yet, but in general I prefer to just dust my dash and other interior areas off with a microfiber towel. If it has dirt on it then I like the Armor All “Cleaning” wipes only. I’m not a fan of everything being super shiny or a residue left behind. These Cleaning wipes don’t leave any residue and they do not make everything shiny/wet looking.

Wait until you get your truck...if the 2020 is anything like the 2019...the material the dash is made of is just different.....unlike any other dash I have seen...

I've always kept my vehicles spotless on the interior, with weekly cleanings - and this truck you can see streaks and residue even a week later. Just don't get it...there has to be something out there that doesn't leave a residue.

Timeless

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm looking for recommendations on the best cleaner for your dashboards. I have the metallic gray exterior with black interior. So far I have used armor all and Turtle wax interior cleaner, and both have left smears.

Has anyone found a product that cleans the dash and components well that doesn't leave any streaks or residue?

I guess a question would be if it is truly dirty or just needs a quick wipe? I find a lint free cloth that is damp does the job for getting the usual crap off surface.

Then a good leather (Chemical guys Leather Cleaner) or vinyl cleaner (Carpro Perl or Aero 303) to follow but not too much.

Hez

Reaction score
I guess a question would be if it is truly dirty or just needs a quick wipe? I find a lint free cloth that is damp does the job for getting the usual crap off surface.

Then a good leather (Chemical guys Leather Cleaner) or vinyl cleaner (Carpro Perl or Aero 303) to follow but not too much.

It is not really dirty - but needs a good wipe.

To me it's about protecting the dash and enhancing the look, just as much as it is about "cleaning" it.

Hez

Reaction score
If looking buying off the shelf

Griots Garage Interior Cleaner

Griots has some good reviews throughout the forum, specifically for not leaving a residue. I might check that out first.

Thanks for the input and feedback guys. I will try to post back here with the results.

Paultg

Reaction score
Wait until you get your truck...if the 2020 is anything like the 2019...the material the dash is made of is just different.....unlike any other dash I have seen...

I've always kept my vehicles spotless on the interior, with weekly cleanings - and this truck you can see streaks and residue even a week later. Just don't get it...there has to be something out there that doesn't leave a residue.

Should be picking it up in August. I guess I’ll have to wait and see.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hez

Reaction score
Congrats on the new ride...I'm sure you'll fall in love with it!

Rammit

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I only use a damp microfiber cloth with water. I hate the shiny look that most protectants and detail shops use. I have the leather dash and sometimes will use a leather protectant, very sparingly. I also love Wizards Vinyl shine and use on kick plates and sill plates. It is not glossy and does not leave a film.

Hez

Reaction score
I only use a damp microfiber cloth with water. I hate the shiny look that most protectants and detail shops use. I have the leather dash and sometimes will use a leather protectant, very sparingly. I also love Wizards Vinyl shine and use on kick plates and sill plates. It is not glossy and does not leave a film.

Yeah, my dash is the vinyl dash...I would go crazy trying to protect a leather dash. Especially in this Florida sun.

Paultg

Reaction score
I found it interesting that the OM manual pretty much tells us to not use any leather treatment / conditioner.
I wonder who makes the "Mopar Total Leather Clean" product.

Attachments

• Leather Care in OM 20_DT_OM_EN_USC.pdf
    38.5 KB · Views: 28

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I use MILD soap and water only. Wipe everything with a damp cloth. Reason: chemicals react with plastics over time, especially in the case of the dash where they're super heated by the summer sun. The result is faster deterioration of your plastics, chemicals released into the cab that occupants breathe, and grime that develops on the windshield more often.

KRField

Reaction score
303 is a great protectant. Just be mindful that it does not air dry, always follow up with a dry towel to buff it dry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MValdez

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I found it interesting that the OM manual pretty much tells us to not use any leather treatment / conditioner.
I wonder who makes the "Mopar Total Leather Clean" product.
.... ad placement strategy to push their cleaning product....

STR

Reaction score
I just use a damp microfiber cloth and apply Meguiar’s Natural Shine on all of my vehicles. I don’t like the glossy look, and this stuff gives a clean natural OEM-like appearance, while providing UV protection. 87E300DE-EA3F-4B27-BE43-16CD2D3C564F.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online

Members online