5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best Air filter for bit more engine sonority?

‘19ramlveryeha

Reaction score

bamanerd

Reaction score
I was thinking of buying this one. Are you running it? The dry one that is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I bought this same filter and installed it in my truck last Tuesday. I absolutely love it man. I've had CAI's in the past, and I'm not going to waste the money on one for this truck. This AEM filter is amazingly well constructed, and provides tons of clean, dry airflow. The only reason to go any further and install a cold air intake, would be if you were gutting the exhaust and replacing everything from the headers back.....in search of actual hp gains.

‘19ramlveryeha

Reaction score
I bought this same filter and installed it in my truck last Tuesday. I absolutely love it man. I've had CAI's in the past, and I'm not going to waste the money on one for this truck. This AEM filter is amazingly well constructed, and provides tons of clean, dry airflow. The only reason to go any further and install a cold air intake, would be if you were gutting the exhaust and replacing everything from the headers back.....in search of actual hp gains.

I’m sold. I only changed the muffler to am outlaw. Maybe once warranty is up I’ll get crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Thanks for the mini-writeup.
Did you remove the charcoal filter or leave it in?

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I removed it. I'm still waiting for someone to chime in and tell me that I shouldn't have, but I haven't had anyone say anything negative about it yet.
I have the same AEM dry filter and I am very pleased. I removed the charcoal filter too...it is for emissions but I really don't think anyone will get dinged for its removal.

Users who are viewing this thread