5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best Air filter for bit more engine sonority?

Viking42

Reaction score
Hello,

So i found the sound of the 5.7 Hemi a bit contained
I would love to make it a bit more expressive

However a full exhaust mod would be an overkill for me, i had good experiences replacing air filters on other cars.

Which air filter would add a bit of sonority to the RAM 1500 2019, and has already be tested by you?

shkelqimfuga

Reaction score
Hello,

So i found the sound of the 5.7 Hemi a bit contained
I would love to make it a bit more expressive

However a full exhaust mod would be an overkill for me, i had good experiences replacing air filters on other cars.

Which air filter would add a bit of sonority to the RAM 1500 2019, and has already be tested by you?
S&B air intake, really good intake and loud enough

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Op are you saying that you “ solely “ want just the air filter ? If so any of the ones on the market will do yaa. I run the one from AFE in my wife’s Ram.

j517

Reaction score
Hey OP shoot me a PM

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score

j517

Reaction score
S&b

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

bamanerd

Reaction score
Thanks guys. That's a hell of a deal on that AEM filter. I just ordered one for my truck. Can't wait til it gets here.

BlckDT

Reaction score
Got my AEM air filter. Easy drop in. Upon 1 test drive (to work this morning) I didn’t feel any additional hp from my butt dyno. I also did not hear any changes in the growl while driving. Of course I did have my radio on so maybe I should mute it and listen a little closer.

Otherwise, it looks like a great filter which can be easily cleaned (no oils or special stuff). This should last the entire life of the vehicle.

—-|||RAM|||-—
Phil

sent from my mobile device

onebadtwo

Reaction score
I was hoping to see someone mention the Airaid Jr kit... Im looking into buying one, hopefully it'll make it a little sonority, but I'm not sure... I don't picture a drop in filter making it louder. Would the addition of the tube do anything?

bamanerd

Reaction score
I received my Airaid filter from AEM on Wednesday....only two days after ordering it. I'll second what Blck stated about the sound and butt dyno, but it's still a great filter....especially for the price. Anything to help her breathe a little easier. I also pulled out the charcoal 'emissions' pre-filter thingy.

Attachments

• IMG_1005.JPG
    IMG_1005.JPG
    73.3 KB · Views: 169
  • IMG_1008.JPG
    IMG_1008.JPG
    72.1 KB · Views: 159
  • IMG_1009.JPG
    IMG_1009.JPG
    46.2 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_1010.JPG
    IMG_1010.JPG