5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BellTech 1060SP lowering kit review

Fbird

Reaction score
drop spindles are a hit--MISS most of the time as the idea is there but to get the brakes and tie-rod clearance they typically move chit around causing an entire NEW set of problems

Svt40

Reaction score
Yea the sway bar spacer. It couldn’t fit through the bolts so i ended up not using it but do you think it will cause any problems later on in the future?
I do not think so. I think they were more to get the sway arm ends closer to parallel to the ground when the truck was sitting on it's wheels.

Also what could cause my carrier bearing being chewed up after i installed the lowering kit
Mmmm could be a bad pinion angle coming off the rear axle. Another person I was talking to had to revert his kit back to factory because it changed the pinion angle so badly his truck was dang near undrivable. I think adjustable rear control arms could fix that but I'm not certain.

I'm not a suspension guy. I just happen to know one

Reaction score
I do not think so. I think they were more to get the sway arm ends closer to parallel to the ground when the truck was sitting on it's wheels.

Mmmm could be a bad pinion angle coming off the rear axle. Another person I was talking to had to revert his kit back to factory because it changed the pinion angle so badly his truck was dang near undrivable. I think adjustable rear control arms could fix that but I'm not certain.

I'm not a suspension guy. I just happen to know one
Ahh ok because i called belltech and they told me the kit was for 1 piece driveshafts and mine is a two so im assuming if i get a 1 piece i should be fine

Fbird

Reaction score
not quite that easy...as the 2 piece shaft has a center bearing assembly. Switching to a 1 pc shaft would be ...challenging to say the least as 1st you must remove the center bearing assembly then have a shft made to length for your short bed (i bet thats where the problem is) then you can START!. Then you will be spending some time dialing in a usable pinion angle. Without adjustable trailing arms...you will be either LUCKY or making them adjustable. Your OEM pinion angle is set to a drive shaft 1/2 as long as you are about to have therefore causing some issues. I personally would be looking at the drive shaft bottoming out in your lowered position. As you lower the chassis down (or rear diff UP).. given the drive shaft angles DOWN from the chassis to the diff....as the rear goes UP you are making a shorter distance between the center support and diff. I do not know exactly how the drive shafts are in THIS truck but most only allow about 3/4" of travel before the yoke bottoms out on the output shaft (tranny) or the spline shaft from the front drive shaft. Typical 2 pc drives BOTH teh front (of the front) and the rear (of the rear) are BOLTED in with a slip yoke in the middle if these bottom out (shaft length is TOO long) you will beat the crap out of outer pinion bearing AND teh output thrust bearing (in the tranny) to DEATH

Lowram

Reaction score
Just installed the Belltech drop kit with front coiolovers. Ran into some issues as well and still trying to figure out how to adjust my pinion angle. I have a 2 piece drive shaft. Getting some vibration at take off.

Attachments

• IMG_3818.jpeg
    IMG_3818.jpeg
    133.6 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_3800.jpeg
    IMG_3800.jpeg
    125.1 KB · Views: 25

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just installed the Belltech drop kit with front coiolovers. Ran into some issues as well and still trying to figure out how to adjust my pinion angle. I have a 2 piece drive shaft. Getting some vibration at take off.

Looks good! Which kit did you use? I know they sell it in different configurations.

Lowram

Reaction score
I went with the Performance coilover kit.
Part number 1063SPC

Front was easy and straight forward. The rear arm relocation brackets and track bar bracket took a little fabrication. What should have been a 4hr job, Took all day to install.

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I went with the Performance coilover kit.
Part number 1063SPC

Front was easy and straight forward. The rear arm relocation brackets and track bar bracket took a little fabrication. What should have been a 4hr job, Took all day to install.

Shouldn’t the RCA relocation brackets correct your pinion angle? If not, I guess you could use adjustable RCA’s like CHeYeNNe71 said.

Lowram

Reaction score
Shouldn’t the RCA relocation brackets correct your pinion angle? If not, I guess you could use adjustable RCA’s like CHeYeNNe71 said.
Yes, that’s what I thought too. But from reading this post it seems the kit was made for 1 piece driveshafts, which I didn’t know about until now.

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks, I’m gonna look into those. Don’t want to cause any damage to the pinion bearing.
CORE4X4 arms will give better feedback without the oem rubber bushings. Look at their Panhard and Sway bar links also.

Svt40

Reaction score
My truck has the 1-piece driveshaft. Did not even know they made a 2-piece.

For the track bar I just kept the factory mount and got a Spohn adjustable trackbar which easily corrected the driveline alignment issue with the kit and the unusable relocation bracket.

After the kit being installed for over a year now. Has it really been that long?? Wow.
Anyhow I've had no issues. Alignment is holding and I've only bottomed out once on a sneaky bump at speed. Still have not towed my jeep nor have I gotten the air pump kit yet.

Lowram

Reaction score
My truck has the 1-piece driveshaft. Did not even know they made a 2-piece.

For the track bar I just kept the factory mount and got a Spohn adjustable trackbar which easily corrected the driveline alignment issue with the kit and the unusable relocation bracket.

After the kit being installed for over a year now. Has it really been that long?? Wow.
Anyhow I've had no issues. Alignment is holding and I've only bottomed out once on a sneaky bump at speed. Still have not towed my jeep nor have I gotten the air pump kit yet.
That’s good to hear.

Do you know what air lift kit you’re running? Suspension superstore rec. 60920 for a 4inch drop on the rear. I’m not sure if I should order the 60920 kit or the 7inch length, 60919 kit.

I want to make sure it will fit and work as I do travel with my motorcycles on the bed quite often.

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The airbags I run are here.

And that is odd you have a 2 piece. I have a single and same cab configuration

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lowram

Reaction score
The airbags I run are here.

And that is odd you have a 2 piece. I have a single and same cab configuration

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you for the link.

Yeah, I didn’t know they had different set ups. But hopefully the adjustable arms take care of this

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thank you for the link.

Yeah, I didn’t know they had different set ups. But hopefully the adjustable arms take care of this

I was thinking about this today. I wish I had measured my stock pinion angle before lowering my truck. I need to see what mine is at now to make sure I’m set up right. I have read that the angle should be around 3 degrees or less.

Svt40

Reaction score
I'm using the air bags made for the Durango as recommended on these forums.

Lowram

Reaction score
I'm using the air bags made for the Durango as recommended on these forums.
Yes, those are the ones I went with. Installed them today and wow, what a difference. I have them set at 9psi and the rear rides so much better.

Just installed my wheels too but now I need to add a 20mm spacer to make the fitment sit perfect

WideRam

Reaction score
hello, I am having trouble with the Belltech lowering kit(1062hk). The shop that I have my truck contacted me saying that the rear bracket for the axle does not line up at all. Contacted Belltech apparently a lot of people having the same problem. But they don’t have a solution. Waiting for them to talk with there engineers. But having my truck at the shop is not cheap. Need some help.

Attachments

• IMG_1033.jpeg
    IMG_1033.jpeg
    236 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_1038.png
    IMG_1038.png
    566.9 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_1037.png
    IMG_1037.png
    477.6 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1079.jpeg
    IMG_1079.jpeg