5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Beer - what are you drinking / brewing thread

Crawpapa

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hi all,

Where are the beer nerds? What are you drinking?

If you provide your “Untappd” user name, I’ll try and add it below to grow our drinking companionship!

Members ‘Untappd’ user names:
crawpapa - same as here
djevox - same as here
Grimgreg - same as here

Last night I got a Kilkenny, which I love!
DFC816E8-3053-4E55-9A68-EE308B9343F8.jpeg

Last edited:

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Uggg, you’re killing me with this thread. I used to be very active in homebrewing. I just had to stop drinking last month. Not gonna lie, I miss a good belgian quad and triple ipa.
My untappd name is djevox, but I haven’t been on there in a few years.

Crawpapa

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't use Untappd. However, the next brew on deck will be an oatmeal, cinnamon, raisin, and rum cookie stout.
That sounds awesome! I don’t brew anything myself, so I admire those who have the skill and patience to do it themselves.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Not a brewer, just consumer. Normally have Boulevard Wheat in the 1950 IH beer fridge. But currently have some Sam Adams Cold Snap in my bottle keeper next to me. Also enjoy Leinekugels Honey Weiss and Canoe Paddler. Mostly a wheat beer guy. Not a fan of a hoppy beers and can't stand IPAs or sours. And don't to **** in a can domestics.

TNRamGuy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
One of my favorite breweries, but tough to find in RI.

Attachments

• Resized_20200713_163800.jpeg
    Resized_20200713_163800.jpeg
    85.3 KB · Views: 28

TNRamGuy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I also brew, right now I'm making mead. Problem with it is that it ties up my carboy for about 6 months.

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Not on Uptappd, but I do enjoy brewing. Currently nothing in-process, working on two minifridges full of my last 3 brews: A Christmas Ale that was a little spicier than I'd prefer (I made one about 5 years ago that was awesome, but didn't write down the recipe, and I've never been quite able to duplicate it since); A basic lager, which my sons enjoy when they come over; And my latest, an Oatmeal Stout - perfect combo for pulling out of Winter and into cold Ohio Spring 🍻

HemiDude

Reaction score
If I'm drinking store-bought, Kona Brewing is my go-to, especially one of the IPAs.

ferraiolo1

Reaction score
How’s getting married in the brewery work on the beer nerd scale?

cd2158f0152726506dece2dc0395b3ea.jpg

a0562d33cb5d1ac2b487b3f6ebf4f0a5.jpg

71d774ab34abe6026a80aa4471465d9a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HEMIJAKE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Haven't brewed anything in a couple years, but what a fun hobby. I've got an old GE refrigerator from a coworker that a put I tap into and started using 5 gallon kegs (screw bottling ha). Fridge is still in the shed. Sometimes I think about moving it back to the garage and getting into it again. Just takes up a lot of space in my already small garage. And it's way too easy to come home from work and pull that tap handle more than I should :LOL:

n8zcc

Reaction score
I gave up home brewing back in 2017. After the last of the kids left there wasn't anyone left to drink the brews except me and I never did drink that much, I just simply enjoyed the hobby and the different tastes. I don't recall ever brewing a bad beer, they were all very tasty and unique. I favored America Ales, IPAs, and holiday specials like Christmas ale, Pumpkin Spice, and summer wheats.

Crawpapa

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not a brewer, just consumer. Normally have Boulevard Wheat in the 1950 IH beer fridge. But currently have some Sam Adams Cold Snap in my bottle keeper next to me. Also enjoy Leinekugels Honey Weiss and Canoe Paddler. Mostly a wheat beer guy. Not a fan of a hoppy beers and can't stand IPAs or sours. And don't to **** in a can domestics.
Man you and I should hang out! Years ago I went to Kansas City for work and hung out with a buddy who introduced me to Boulevard, and we went to the brewery one day. We didn’t get a tour, just are and drank there. I got a flight and still remember the awesomeness of their Rye-on-Rye-on-Rye. I recently found out I can get Unfiltered Wheat from Total Wine here in Virginia, so now I have two cases chilling in my old college dorm fridge which has turned into my beer fridge.

And like you I can’t stand IPAs!

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Man you and I should hang out! Years ago I went to Kansas City for work and hung out with a buddy who introduced me to Boulevard, and we went to the brewery one day. We didn’t get a tour, just are and drank there. I got a flight and still remember the awesomeness of their Rye-on-Rye-on-Rye. I recently found out I can get Unfiltered Wheat from Total Wine here in Virginia, so now I have two cases chilling in my old college dorm fridge which has turned into my beer fridge.

And like you I can’t stand IPAs!
Local grocery store has 20-packs for $20, or 12-packs for $15. No brainer to get the 20-packs. But I'm only a few hours from KC in Omaha, NE now. Most of the local sports bars have it on tap, and restaurants have it in bottles.

HemiDude

Reaction score
I travel a lot for work, and first had Kona Big Wave a few years back when I went to Hawaii. Pretty good beer.
Funny! First time I had Kona was on Oahu, Fire Rock was the one

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I travel a lot for work, and first had Kona Big Wave a few years back when I went to Hawaii. Pretty good beer.
Funny! First time I had Kona was on Oahu, Fire Rock was the one
Of the Kona beers, I'm more of a Longboard guy. When I was in Navy, Pearl Harbor was a standard stop for us at beginning and end of each deployment.

Users who are viewing this thread