5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Beeping at highway speeds. someone please help.

Chris freeman

Reaction score
I have a 2019 Ram 1500 limited, I love the truck but there is a beeping a highway speeds and its quite literally driving me insane. I know there were a couple other threads on here but I never got a solid answer and the dealership "hasn't seen this before". I brought it in and after over a WEEK of having my truck they said that my windshield wasn't sealed properly and what I'm hearing is wind noise and not a beeping (I know what me and my friends are hearing is a beeping). I think that either the tech that test drove the truck didn't want to do the electronic work it took to fix it or maybe he is hard of hearing. I have a full bumper to bumper warranty on the truck that covers everything electronic but if you've ever dealt with dealerships you know they will do anything to not actually do work unless you pay. Enough yapping, here's the issue. So, I do a lot of highway driving and I usually cruise at 75-85 mph depending on traffic; most of the time its 80. Any time I go over 70-75 there is a beeping chime constantly beeping. Every. Single. Time. Its not a on/off issue. Its every time I drive. It sounds just like someone was tapping the screen as fast as they could, Its that same chime sound. A couple days ago it was very windy out side and it was beeping at a low of 50 MPH. After dealing with it for a while I think it has something to do with outside noise, wind noise, something... Every time it gets loud in wind noise weather its windy or I drive fast the beeping gets louder and faster. It is also worse when the radio is on. No, if the radio is off it does not stop. I've also turned off the setting that makes the radio louder the faster you drive, that's not it. I've tried re-setting the truck. I've tried everything. I honestly don't know what to do which is why I've resorted to this forum and I'm really hoping someone has an answer for me. I hate that I spend all this money on a super nice truck and I have to deal with this issue. It is like torture driving hours everyday and hearing a constant beeping that you cant control. Its so loud the radio doesn't even cover it up. Someone please help, I'm begging lol.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
As far as I can tell, you're saying that the beeping is not coming from the speakers, right? Can you record a video (or just audio) of this and post it?

Chris freeman

Reaction score
As far as I can tell, you're saying that the beeping is not coming from the speakers, right? Can you record a video (or just audio) of this and post it?
yeah dude for sure. I couldn't tell you where the sound comes from. It you tap your screen in your truck that's where it comes from. If that makes sense.

Chris freeman

Reaction score
Just tried to attach a video. It will only let me do photo's.

Scap

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Try opening a window when it is beeping.
Might be some sort of ANC issue.

cerbo

Reaction score
could you have any speed warning set in the navigation somewhere if that s possible. I had a similar issue and it was the vehicles " Red light camera" detector. Really, it goes off any time I m approaching a red light that has the camera violation system. Took me a week to figure that one out. My sales person had no idea what the beep was, LOL. Interested....

Last edited:

cerbo

Reaction score
BTW, that system beeps even when I do not have an address active in the navigation. ???

Last edited:

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
A couple days ago it was very windy out side and it was beeping at a low of 50 MPH. After dealing with it for a while I think it has something to do with outside noise, wind noise, something... Every time it gets loud in wind noise weather its windy or I drive fast the beeping gets louder and faster.
Maybe the dealer tech is correct and it's weather dependant and not an electrical issue.

You don't have a "bumper to bumper" warranty either. You have a limited service contract.

cerbo

Reaction score
I thought I remember reading about a firewall seam not produced correctly causing sounds???

ae5573t

Reaction score
Cerbo is probably right. My truck did the same thing. Had to go into settings menu to disable the speed warning.

RamGuy32

Reaction score
Are you sure it's not a chime? Mine did the chime thing with the front and rear parking sensors. There's a TSB for that and it would do it while driving down the freeway (when the parking sensors should be unconcerned with parking! :)

jkm312

Reaction score
Just a hail Mary to consider. Are the sensors in the bumpers clean? At highway speeds, they can get plugged up with bugs and such. Car wash may not be enough, have to hand clean them. Is their a crack in the windshield near the sensor in front of the mirror. In our Maxima when the front end gets caked with wet snow and ice we loose the all of the cruise control, front radar and the car just generally throws a snit fit until I clean them out. Gotta love winter!

Chris freeman

Reaction score
Maybe the dealer tech is correct and it's weather dependant and not an electrical issue.

You don't have a "bumper to bumper" warranty either. You have a limited service contract.
what is a “limited service contract”? i paid an extra 6 grand or something for a 130,000 mile platinum extended warranty.

Chris freeman

Reaction score
Just a hail Mary to consider. Are the sensors in the bumpers clean? At highway speeds, they can get plugged up with bugs and such. Car wash may not be enough, have to hand clean them. Is there a crack in the windshield near the sensor in front of the mirror. In our Maxima when the front end gets caked with wet snow and ice we loose the all of the cruise control, front radar and the car just generally throws a snit fit until I clean them out. Gotta love winter!
yeah, i looked at the entire windshield and there were no cracks in that area and my sensors are clean.

Chris freeman

Reaction score
could you have any speed warning set in the navigation somewhere if that s possible. I had a similar issue and it was the vehicles " Red light camera" detector. Really, it goes off any time I m approaching a red light that has the camera violation system. Took me a week to figure that one out. My sales person had no idea what the beep was, LOL. Interested....
I looked through all the settings, everything like that including the red light camera detector is turned off.

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Could be a few things.....

Sirius XM radio favorites
Red light camera notification
Door ajar
Tailgate ajar
Low oil warning
Low fuel warning
Seatbelt warning
Turn signal is STILL on
GPS tracker your wife planted in the truck

One of these your buddy left behind your rear seat.... 715Jm0I5qIL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Chris freeman

Reaction score
Could be a few things.....

Sirius XM radio favorites
Red light camera notification
Door ajar
Tailgate ajar
Low oil warning
Low fuel warning
Seatbelt warning
Turn signal is STILL on
GPS tracker your wife planted in the truck

One of these your buddy left behind your rear seat.... View attachment 182705
all those warning sounds are different sounding. here’s a video i took. any thoughts after watching? i appreciate your reply to my thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online