5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bedrug products NOT being designed for 2019 with Rambox?

ders0

Reaction score
Ordered mine from Truck Alterations yesterday! Can't wait to get it installed. Already have a handful of scratches in the bed from using it with no liner for the last 4 months so I might have to do some touch up painting before I install the bed rug. Don't want any moisture trapped under the rug to start corroding those areas.

Bhbdvm

Reaction score
Nope I installed it out of the box and fits as you see, only cuts was for the 4 tie down loops. They do not make one specifically for the 2019 mine is the 09+ rambox bedrug for the 5.7' bed. This is the one I installed.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004XPQO2G/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Okay. Thanks. I was curious. Not sure why BedRug has not offered one for the 2019 trucks yet. For my mat/tailgate only model I just had to cut the flanges for the wheel humps. Seems easy enough to do on a production line and then offer it to your consumers. Oh well, I'm just a veterinarian. What do i know?

Samos

Reaction score
Glad it worked out, looks great. Makes such a big difference. I’m already thinking about ordering another one and just keeping it in the box for a few years from now, in case they stop making them for some reason

Gamer25

Reaction score
Just got mine installed today. Ordered off of amazon with prime delivery. Fit great and had to cut for tie downs, back lights and drain tubes for tonneau. I used the BedRug adhesive kit to help Velcro on the bed liner. It came with extra Velcro pieces. Which I used to hold down bulk head, sides and tailgate more than what came with BedRug kit. Fit is great. One tip is to put the Velcro tabs on the areas of the bed that are raised. Especially on the sides. Then you have no problem using your bed divider. Thanks to everyone on this thread for part numbers and testing.

Attachments

• B65835FC-4F24-4C15-B36A-6B82B15E3CB7.jpeg
    B65835FC-4F24-4C15-B36A-6B82B15E3CB7.jpeg
    238.9 KB · Views: 137
  • 8D2EDAB6-5E86-4BCA-8B7F-64FD6AC3F087.jpeg
    8D2EDAB6-5E86-4BCA-8B7F-64FD6AC3F087.jpeg
    286.7 KB · Views: 133
  • 5C570B9E-2AD6-4C40-BF71-78FE92273A3C.jpeg
    5C570B9E-2AD6-4C40-BF71-78FE92273A3C.jpeg
    212 KB · Views: 128
  • 82E43696-CF9B-4D2B-BD6D-740922D6BAC3.jpeg
    82E43696-CF9B-4D2B-BD6D-740922D6BAC3.jpeg
    202.6 KB · Views: 125
  • 34054122-F9CA-4C5A-831F-8278FA72B32F.jpeg
    34054122-F9CA-4C5A-831F-8278FA72B32F.jpeg
    223.2 KB · Views: 119

Gamer25

Reaction score
Installed the LED light strips. I tapped the existing power to the factory bed lighting. Removed the passenger rail light to get to the wires. Easy. Exactly what I was looking for. The pic is outside in daylight, after dark the light level should be excellent.

What lights did you install? Did you take any pics of how you wired them and ran the wires? Tap into both sides of the lights for each side or tap one and run wires under or around the bed? Thanks

Keemosabe

Reaction score
What lights did you install? Did you take any pics of how you wired them and ran the wires? Tap into both sides of the lights for each side or tap one and run wires under or around the bed? Thanks
I didn’t take pics :( I’ll send you a couple today of the completed job. I picked up the LED tape lights from Superbright LEDs, screenshot below. I figured the easiest way to tap into the light circuit was at the end of all the lights switches etc to try to keep it simple. I have reasonable electrical ability, but, didn’t want to find my self in the middle of a switch circuit that messed with an electronic control module of any kind. So, I pulled the passenger side tail light out and found the wires going to the factory bed light on the passenger side (the one without the switch).
To be able to work on it I unplugged the connector under the the truck and popped the cable clamps out of the frame. Then I pulled the tail from the bed light up and out the taillight recess so I could easily get to it. Simple tap of the red and black wires inside the wrap. Rather than crimp or use tap connectors I soldered, heat shrinked each connection separately and then a final large heat shrink over the whole connection. (Yea, I’m anal! But I’m used to doing stuff on my boat and moisture on electrical connections....not good) Anyway, I tapped in two tails one for the passenger side and one for the driver side. I ran the tails for the new LEDs out from under the bed thru existing holes below the factory lights, need to pick up a couple grommets at the local hardware store today. Then soldered the tails to the light strip tails and heat shrinked those connections. The driver side tail is fed across under the bed along the same route as existing factory wiring. The physical mounting of the new strips is simple, 3M adhesive comes on the tape ready to go. The existing length is perfect to place on the underside of the silver factory rails. Used a quick wipe of acetone on each rail before sticking them on. Then run the wires behind the BedRug to the tails I spliced in. Make sure you keep the polarity right (red s and blacks) or they won’t work. Little time consuming, but no issues. Careful pulling out the taillight, 2 push connectors and 2 torx screws. Then pull it straight out the back. There’s 2 little tabs on the front edge of the light, that you don’t want to break off.

Attachments

• 09814907-FB04-4AA0-8D4C-2CB3B4808CB7.png
    09814907-FB04-4AA0-8D4C-2CB3B4808CB7.png
    268.9 KB · Views: 39

Gamer25

Reaction score
I didn’t take pics :( I’ll send you a couple today of the completed job. I picked up the LED tape lights from Superbright LEDs, screenshot below. I figured the easiest way to tap into the light circuit was at the end of all the lights switches etc to try to keep it simple. I have reasonable electrical ability, but, didn’t want to find my self in the middle of a switch circuit that messed with an electronic control module of any kind. So, I pulled the passenger side tail light out and found the wires going to the factory bed light on the passenger side (the one without the switch).
To be able to work on it I unplugged the connector under the the truck and popped the cable clamps out of the frame. Then I pulled the tail from the bed light up and out the taillight recess so I could easily get to it. Simple tap of the red and black wires inside the wrap. Rather than crimp or use tap connectors I soldered, heat shrinked each connection separately and then a final large heat shrink over the whole connection. (Yea, I’m anal! But I’m used to doing stuff on my boat and moisture on electrical connections....not good) Anyway, I tapped in two tails one for the passenger side and one for the driver side. I ran the tails for the new LEDs out from under the bed thru existing holes below the factory lights, need to pick up a couple grommets at the local hardware store today. Then soldered the tails to the light strip tails and heat shrinked those connections. The driver side tail is fed across under the bed along the same route as existing factory wiring. The physical mounting of the new strips is simple, 3M adhesive comes on the tape ready to go. The existing length is perfect to place on the underside of the silver factory rails. Used a quick wipe of acetone on each rail before sticking them on. Then run the wires behind the BedRug to the tails I spliced in. Make sure you keep the polarity right (red s and blacks) or they won’t work. Little time consuming, but no issues. Careful pulling out the taillight, 2 push connectors and 2 torx screws. Then pull it straight out the back. There’s 2 little tabs on the front edge of the light, that you don’t want to break off.

Thanks man. Great info.

SouthFL

Reaction score
Just got mine installed today. Ordered off of amazon with prime delivery. Fit great and had to cut for tie downs, back lights and drain tubes for tonneau. I used the BedRug adhesive kit to help Velcro on the bed liner. It came with extra Velcro pieces. Which I used to hold down bulk head, sides and tailgate more than what came with BedRug kit. Fit is great. One tip is to put the Velcro tabs on the areas of the bed that are raised. Especially on the sides. Then you have no problem using your bed divider. Thanks to everyone on this thread for part numbers and testing.

Hey was that divider/bed extender included with the Rambox? I just got a new 1500 with the Rambox and that was not in the truck when I drove it home.

Bhbdvm

Reaction score
Hey was that divider/bed extender included with the Rambox? I just got a new 1500 with the Rambox and that was not in the truck when I drove it home.
Mine came with my truck but I also got the bed utility group (BUG).

SouthFL

Reaction score
As said by Bhbdvm included in the Bed Utility Group.

OK thanks guys. I have the adjustable tie down hooks, but I don't have the spray in bed liner or LED lights. So, I don't have the full BUG package. That explains why I didn't get the extender.

I'm wondering if I can add the LED lights in the bed. There is a cutout for them. I hope there is also wiring.

Gamer25

Reaction score
OK thanks guys. I have the adjustable tie down hooks, but I don't have the spray in bed liner or LED lights. So, I don't have the full BUG package. That explains why I didn't get the extender.

I'm wondering if I can add the LED lights in the bed. There is a cutout for them. I hope there is also wiring.
[/QUOTE

I got mine with the bed utility group as well. You can get a kit that allows you to add in the Mopar led lights. I believe there are some threads on this forum about them. DC17C5F9-165F-43C9-A3EF-AC8AC2BEC05F.jpeg

OldArmyDoc

Reaction score

Very Nice! How do you like the Diamondback cover? I am very interested in it. Can you provide me some details on it. Can the tailgate open and close when the cover is in the down position? What is the weight capacity on top of the cover?

azrebel12

Reaction score
Very Nice! How do you like the Diamondback cover? I am very interested in it. Can you provide me some details on it. Can the tailgate open and close when the cover is in the down position? What is the weight capacity on top of the cover?
I love it so far. It is a little stiff to open the tailgate if the lid is down but it opens fine. The SE cover is 400 lbs on top and the HD cover is 1600 lbs on top.

OldArmyDoc

Reaction score
I love it so far. It is a little stiff to open the tailgate if the lid is down but it opens fine. The SE cover is 400 lbs on top and the HD cover is 1600 lbs on top.
Thank you. A bit pricey but seems worth it. Looks nice on your truck!

NCSailing

Reaction score
Guys, I just finished our Bed Rug install on the 2019 with Ramboxes. It looks fantastic. I will upload a picture. Black on black on black. New trifold top this Friday.

Only ONE MAJOR problem. My Ramboxes are garbage alignment and buckled. The warranty manager and I met today. He looked and shook his head. Said that I was the second one in a week. They are ordering new Ramboxes for me, but, attempting to save the painted plastic piece. But, his mechanic said that they honestly don’t know if it will fix it and they have may to order new plastic pieces and then paint.

The problem gents is that, for 2019, Ram decided to save weight and go with plastic lids. They don’t hold their shape or the mold is off. We walked around the dealership and the only other in-stock Rambox was ok on one side, terrible on the other.

We are thrilled with this truck—believe it or not—my wife stole it from me and I get to drive on the weekends. But, Ram screwed it up bad with the Ramboxes. They need to get this squared away and quickly.

Attachments

• 8AD5177F-F072-43AB-852E-580140C10258.jpeg
    8AD5177F-F072-43AB-852E-580140C10258.jpeg
    134 KB · Views: 73
  • D67CF3CA-FC08-49F3-B366-4765E00381EC.jpeg
    D67CF3CA-FC08-49F3-B366-4765E00381EC.jpeg
    138.5 KB · Views: 74
  • 5B7566B7-B1A7-47A2-B9F2-4D9AF00A0515.jpeg
    5B7566B7-B1A7-47A2-B9F2-4D9AF00A0515.jpeg
    128.4 KB · Views: 73

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Guys, I just finished our Bed Rug install on the 2019 with Ramboxes. It looks fantastic. I will upload a picture. Black on black on black. New trifold top this Friday.

Only ONE MAJOR problem. My Ramboxes are garbage alignment and buckled. The warranty manager and I met today. He looked and shook his head. Said that I was the second one in a week. They are ordering new Ramboxes for me, but, attempting to save the painted plastic piece. But, his mechanic said that they honestly don’t know if it will fix it and they have may to order new plastic pieces and then paint.

The problem gents is that, for 2019, Ram decided to save weight and go with plastic lids. They don’t hold their shape or the mold is off. We walked around the dealership and the only other in-stock Rambox was ok on one side, terrible on the other.

We are thrilled with this truck—believe it or not—my wife stole it from me and I get to drive on the weekends. But, Ram screwed it up bad with the Ramboxes. They need to get this squared away and quickly.
I think one of mine is doing that some too... I’ll be taking it to the dealer to get it replaced if it continues

Lowly Jimson

Reaction score
I was excited by @justintx ’s info quoted below about BedRug product availability, but I received a dismaying email from BedRug customer service stating they are not designing 2019 Rambox specific kits. Have any 2019 Rambox owners seen indications that BedRugs will be made to fit our trucks?

“I am sorry but we are not making anything to fit the 2019 Ram with Rambox.
Regards,
Valeria Hunt
BedRug – A Truck Hero Company
Customer Service Representative”
I just chatted with BedRug (7/24/19 @ 1500 hrs CDT) and they aren't making a BedRug for a 2019 All New Ram short bed with RamBox and have no plans to do so. The babe on the phone does not know why.

Larrcom10

Reaction score
Does anyone know, or can anyone find out, if any dimensions changed regarding the 4th vs 5th Rambox bed and tailgate? I’m wondering what fitment problems (if any) would exist if I tried a 4th gen Rambox BedRug... BRT09BXK.
I know your post is old but I was able to reuse my backflip from my 2016 on my new body style 2019. It was only slightly off and I lived with it for about 3 months until I bought the official Mopar version of backflip. Did anyone end up finding out about cutting the bed rug I thought the same thing but I didn't know if the edges would Fray. Thanks for

Larrcom10

Reaction score
I think one of mine is doing that some too... I’ll be taking it to the dealer to get it replaced if it continues
I know your post is old but I was able to reuse my backflip from my 2016 on my new body style 2019. It was only slightly off and I lived with it for about 3 months until I bought the official Mopar version of backflip. Did anyone end up finding out about cutting the bed rug I thought the same thing but I didn't know if the edges would Fray. Thanks for
So did you cut it to fit? If so it's okay to cut that because I'll just order the one for the regular bed and make it work I really miss that from my 16.

Users who are viewing this thread