5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bedrug products NOT being designed for 2019 with Rambox?

Samos

Reaction score
Cool deal, do you have the part # that you received by chance?
Bought on Amazon. It will say it doesn’t fit, but I would say it’s does, perfectly

Attachments

• 155B8A71-1A90-4183-9789-DA7ECB9047CA.jpeg
    155B8A71-1A90-4183-9789-DA7ECB9047CA.jpeg
    107.5 KB · Views: 74

azrebel12

Reaction score
Bought on Amazon. It will say it doesn’t fit, but I would say it’s does, perfectly
Sweet! Thank you, my Diamondback cover gets here on Monday so I will get the whole bed taken care of next week.

Keemosabe

Reaction score
Opened the BedRug up last night and laid it out in the garage to begin to unroll. This AM washed out the truck bed and dried it up good. I have the Ramboxes and although BedRug says no full bedliner, as another has posted on these boards, I’ll confirm that the 2018 RamBox BedRug I bought off Amazon seems to fit great.

It’s still finding itself in the bed so I haven’t secured the Velcro or cut the tie downs and bed lights thru yet. I’m parking it in the sun with the black tonneau over it and the gate closed to warm it up and let it expand. Should be perfect. I don’t see why BedRug doesn’t show this as a fit.

Attachments

• 88850EA6-D472-4E7E-8D5A-7400147DF65E.jpeg
    88850EA6-D472-4E7E-8D5A-7400147DF65E.jpeg
    235.5 KB · Views: 110

gmab

Reaction score
Opened the BedRug up last night and laid it out in the garage to begin to unroll. This AM washed out the truck bed and dried it up good. I have the Ramboxes and although BedRug says no full bedliner, as another has posted on these boards, I’ll confirm that the 2018 RamBox BedRug I bought off Amazon seems to fit great.

It’s still finding itself in the bed so I haven’t secured the Velcro or cut the tie downs and bed lights thru yet. I’m parking it in the sun with the black tonneau over it and the gate closed to warm it up and let it expand. Should be perfect. I don’t see why BedRug doesn’t show this as a fit.
Thanks for sharing. I think I will do the same Bak Revolver with BedRug when my truck gets delivered. Wondering if the divider will work?

Keemosabe

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing. I think I will do the same Bak Revolver with BedRug when my truck gets delivered. Wondering if the divider will work?
Gmab
I’ll check out the divider fit today. I don’t think it should be an issue as the BedRug seems to align pretty well in the bed stampings. Also in the pics on Amazon the divider is shown in place with the BedRug installed. The side material is relatively thin and the back padding easily compresses. I will post a pic or two today. Also have my deployable bed step to bolt up .

RAMRhode

Reaction score

My 2c...there aren’t cutouts for the bed lights (if you have them) and the cargo hooks. If you cut out for the lights and screw up, it voids the warranty. Maybe even if you cut out for lights and do a perfect job, it voids the warranty. Hence their position on not offering for DT.

Keemosabe

Reaction score
Possible point on cutouts. I haven’t cut mine completely out yet, just slits to locate the lights. Talking about lights, I’m hoping to tap into the bed lights to install led strip lights on the bottom edge of the factory tracks on each side. :unsure: Had them in my Avy that I traded, worked great.
And here’s a pic of the divider in place with the BedRug. Works perfectly

Attachments

• 994B68CE-1779-4A5D-9DD8-8D8045FDB459.jpeg
    994B68CE-1779-4A5D-9DD8-8D8045FDB459.jpeg
    201.7 KB · Views: 100

RAMRhode

Reaction score
Very nice look! Unfortunately, I’ve been put on notice with future truck accessories:mad:. Definitely will be getting this though at some point.
Regarding the bed lights, I read somewhere on here that a direct tie in to the stock lights causes some issues. May have to find power elsewhere and use the stock lights as a relay point. Let us know what you come up with.

Gamer25

Reaction score
Possible point on cutouts. I haven’t cut mine completely out yet, just slits to locate the lights
And here’s a pic of the divider in place with the BedRug. Works perfectly

Thanks for the pics. I don’t think light cutouts or the tie downs should void any warranty as even in some of the BedRug install videos they tell you to cut out where applicable lights are located for your application. Glad to see the divider is fully functional.

Keemosabe

Reaction score
Very nice look! Unfortunately, I’ve been put on notice with future truck accessories:mad:. Definitely will be getting this though at some point.
Regarding the bed lights, I read somewhere on here that a direct tie in to the stock lights causes some issues. May have to find power elsewhere and use the stock lights as a relay point. Let us know what you come up with.
RAMRhode
Fortunately my better half has been right on board with my accessories thus far. :) I got an eye roll when I swapped out the cargo and 3rd brake light to LEDs. But they were cheap! Especially compared to the Revolver, BedRug and the bumper step. From what I’ve read so far re: adding bed lights it seems the problems are related to trucks that do not already have factory installed and programmed bed lighting. Hopefully, I can tap power from my existing lights and power the strip lights along with the factory ones. I picked up two 40” weather proof led tapes for under $40.

RAMRhode

Reaction score
RAMRhode
Fortunately my better half has been right on board with my accessories thus far. :) I got an eye roll when I swapped out the cargo and 3rd brake light to LEDs. But they were cheap! Especially compared to the Revolver, BedRug and the bumper step. From what I’ve read so far re: adding bed lights it seems the problems are related to trucks that do not already have factory installed and programmed bed lighting. Hopefully, I can tap power from my existing lights and power the strip lights along with the factory ones. I picked up two 40” weather proof led tapes for under $40.
LOL! I got he same eye roll when I did that...especially with installing the rapid blinking brake light.
I ordered the Retrax revolver and that is where it ended for me. It arrives tomorrow. I’m sure she’ll come around, though! Until then....always ask for forgiveness and never for permission! She would kill me knowing I typed this!
Do let me know of your bed light install.

Keemosabe

Reaction score
LOL! I got he same eye roll when I did that...especially with installing the rapid blinking brake light.
I ordered the Retrax revolver and that is where it ended for me. It arrives tomorrow. I’m sure she’ll come around, though! Until then....always ask for forgiveness and never for permission! She would kill me knowing I typed this!
The BedRug was a must have and I had full buy in. Had it in my Avy for 5+ years, it’s a great product. I’ll let you know what I end up with on the lighting.

Bhbdvm

Reaction score
Order a BedRug XLT for the 2019 Ram 1500 with the regular bed. I trimmed the areas around the wheel humps to make a rectangle for the bed of the RamBox. The "slats" on the bed match the "slats" on the bottom of the BedRug. It worked out perfect except the J-clip interferes with my Revolver X4 cover at the tailgate. A YouTube video warned of this. I'll end up removing the J-clip on the tailgate and just use their hook and loop fasteners. bedrug1.jpg bedrug1.jpg bedrug4.jpg

Attachments

• bedrug3.jpg
    bedrug3.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 45

Keemosabe

Reaction score
Installed the LED light strips. I tapped the existing power to the factory bed lighting. Removed the passenger rail light to get to the wires. Easy. Exactly what I was looking for. The pic is outside in daylight, after dark the light level should be excellent.

Attachments

• D4E53AAD-3F3D-4A86-9E29-AE060DDD9FE7.jpeg
    D4E53AAD-3F3D-4A86-9E29-AE060DDD9FE7.jpeg
    181 KB · Views: 69

gmab

Reaction score

Bhbdvm

Reaction score
Did you have to modify the BedRug? I didn't think they made one "specifically" for the 2019 New style w/RamBoxes. I ordered the mat for the 2019 1500 New body w/o RamBoxes and then trimmed/cut the portions around the wheel humps to make it fit. Worked well but I didn't read that you had to do the same. Curious.

Keemosabe

Reaction score
Bhbdvn
I did not have to cut mine at all other than for the tie downs and the factory bed lights.

Attachments

• F8E1C9C9-CF26-4CFB-A94F-192FABC69A94.jpeg
    F8E1C9C9-CF26-4CFB-A94F-192FABC69A94.jpeg
    132.9 KB · Views: 51
  • 89D54EE4-E4E5-4A90-AA34-1170C88032D8.jpeg
    89D54EE4-E4E5-4A90-AA34-1170C88032D8.jpeg
    201.7 KB · Views: 54
  • 4CF76F3D-07B1-469E-8671-9C04442A7B48.jpeg
    4CF76F3D-07B1-469E-8671-9C04442A7B48.jpeg
    274.8 KB · Views: 53

azrebel12

Reaction score
Did you have to modify the BedRug? I didn't think they made one "specifically" for the 2019 New style w/RamBoxes. I ordered the mat for the 2019 1500 New body w/o RamBoxes and then trimmed/cut the portions around the wheel humps to make it fit. Worked well but I didn't read that you had to do the same. Curious.
Nope I installed it out of the box and fits as you see, only cuts was for the 4 tie down loops. They do not make one specifically for the 2019 mine is the 09+ rambox bedrug for the 5.7' bed. This is the one I installed.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004XPQO2G/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Users who are viewing this thread