5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bedrug products NOT being designed for 2019 with Rambox?

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I know your post is old but I was able to reuse my backflip from my 2016 on my new body style 2019. It was only slightly off and I lived with it for about 3 months until I bought the official Mopar version of backflip. Did anyone end up finding out about cutting the bed rug I thought the same thing but I didn't know if the edges would Fray. Thanks for
I’m still waiting for my Bedrug for Xmas :cry: so never tested it. I’m in a non-rambox truck now anyways so the new one ought to fit ok.

Grouper

Reaction score
I just chatted with BedRug (7/24/19 @ 1500 hrs CDT) and they aren't making a BedRug for a 2019 All New Ram short bed with RamBox and have no plans to do so. The babe on the phone does not know why.

So despite the fact that there is no specific Bedrug part number for 2019+ Rambox equipped trucks, the part number for the 2009+ Rambox trucks fits properly?

Is that the gist of this thread?

lasani1121

Reaction score
Guys, I just finished our Bed Rug install on the 2019 with Ramboxes. It looks fantastic. I will upload a picture. Black on black on black. New trifold top this Friday.

Only ONE MAJOR problem. My Ramboxes are garbage alignment and buckled. The warranty manager and I met today. He looked and shook his head. Said that I was the second one in a week. They are ordering new Ramboxes for me, but, attempting to save the painted plastic piece. But, his mechanic said that they honestly don’t know if it will fix it and they have may to order new plastic pieces and then paint.

The problem gents is that, for 2019, Ram decided to save weight and go with plastic lids. They don’t hold their shape or the mold is off. We walked around the dealership and the only other in-stock Rambox was ok on one side, terrible on the other.

We are thrilled with this truck—believe it or not—my wife stole it from me and I get to drive on the weekends. But, Ram screwed it up bad with the Ramboxes. They need to get this squared away and quickly.
I am have the same issue on my truck. The dealership told me to bring the truck in, they need to take pictures and send it to Chrysler to determine the fix. Any update on your end?

TimW451

Reaction score
So despite the fact that there is no specific Bedrug part number for 2019+ Rambox equipped trucks, the part number for the 2009+ Rambox trucks fits properly?

Is that the gist of this thread?
Yes.
They do have a "J channel" you can use so that the tailgate piece velcro has a smooth, level surface to attach to, instead of on the access panel. If you call them they will send it to you.

IMG_5366.jpeg

stevestrike

Reaction score
Thanks for all the info. Can anyone else here confirm they have an older model bedrug that fits fine in a 2019 Ram with ramboxes? Which part number did you order?

Twocardshort

Reaction score
I was excited by @justintx ’s info quoted below about BedRug product availability, but I received a dismaying email from BedRug customer service stating they are not designing 2019 Rambox specific kits. Have any 2019 Rambox owners seen indications that BedRugs will be made to fit our trucks?

“I am sorry but we are not making anything to fit the 2019 Ram with Rambox.
Regards,
Valeria Hunt
BedRug – A Truck Hero Company
Customer Service Representative”
Bedrug part# BRT09BXK will fit new style 2019 ram 1500 with ramboxes (5'7" bed). I'm attaching some pics. 20190928_060918.jpg

Attachments

• 20190928_060951.jpg
    20190928_060951.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 64
  • 20190928_060930.jpg
    20190928_060930.jpg
    269 KB · Views: 62

yrock777

Reaction score

Attachments

• IMG_2549.jpg
    IMG_2549.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_2550.jpg
    IMG_2550.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_2551.jpg
    IMG_2551.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:

FGildred

Reaction score
Yes.
They do have a "J channel" you can use so that the tailgate piece velcro has a smooth, level surface to attach to, instead of on the access panel. If you call them they will send it to you.

Tim,

Can you explain what you mean by the j channel? Is this specifically for the tailgate? I looked on their site and didn’t see anything.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TimW451

Reaction score
Tim,

Can you explain what you mean by the j channel? Is this specifically for the tailgate? I looked on their site and didn’t see anything...

Below is a link to the supplemental instructions for the J channel. Since they don’t “officially” sell a Rambox Bedrug for 2019+ trucks this may not come up otherwise, but we all know the tailgate is the same, Rambox or not, so this would apply. Bedrug does also say this is optional. I like it for two reasons, it provides a continuous, flat, and even surface to apply the Velcro and if you ever had to open the access panel to service the tailgate it is removable and reinstallable without having to futz with or redo the Velcro. Hope that helps.

SilverNight2020

Reaction score
So are you guys installing this in place of say a lineX or any other bed liner? Or is it going on top of an existing liner? Never used a bed rug, but definitely want to protect the bed with something. My last truck, I just used the thick Westin bed mat and it worked perfectly until a week before trading I was moving some old roofing and got tar stains on the inside walls of the bed. I really like how clean these bed rugs look. Also, I see some with tonneau covers and some without. Do these bed rugs have really good weather resistance? Thanks for all the help.

yrock777

Reaction score
So are you guys installing this in place of say a lineX or any other bed liner? Or is it going on top of an existing liner? Never used a bed rug, but definitely want to protect the bed with something. My last truck, I just used the thick Westin bed mat and it worked perfectly until a week before trading I was moving some old roofing and got tar stains on the inside walls of the bed. I really like how clean these bed rugs look. Also, I see some with tonneau covers and some without. Do these bed rugs have really good weather resistance? Thanks for all the help.
My Ram didn't come with a bedliner. Rather than paying to have a spray in liner installed and then laying a bedrug mat over it like I did with my '15 Ram, I just went straight for the full rug installed directly over the factory paint. I had a full rug in my 2006 F150 and really liked it.

yrock777

Reaction score
I always have a bed cover, but the weather doesn't effect the bedrug as far as I've seen. .

dailyherold

Reaction score
Order a BedRug XLT for the 2019 Ram 1500 with the regular bed. I trimmed the areas around the wheel humps to make a rectangle for the bed of the RamBox. The "slats" on the bed match the "slats" on the bottom of the BedRug. It worked out perfect except the J-clip interferes with my Revolver X4 cover at the tailgate. A YouTube video warned of this. I'll end up removing the J-clip on the tailgate and just use their hook and loop fasteners. View attachment 20258 View attachment 20258 View attachment 20260
How has this been holding up @Bhbdvm? I'm really close to doing the same for mine as I don't think I need the full bed liner. My only reservation would be stuff getting in the cracks at edges of bedrug; does that happen to you? About to pick up a cubic yard of sand, and debating if I am going to be doing more home projects like this, should I just save up for the full liner. The tailgate gap coverage regardless makes a nice difference when dealing with a bed of material so maybe I just live with the edges being open.

ALSHEKAILI

Reaction score
Hello Gents,

I have problem with dust coming inside, I live in area with almost daily dusty winds and driving off-road for few miles. I have factory cover and no water leaking inside the bed. My only issue is the dust. Is this Rag enough. Or should I go with combination of seal and Rag.?

Atlantahank

Reaction score
As info, I installed the Bed Rug in my 2020 Big Horn and it fits perfectly. There is a YouTube video that confirms the fit, that's what I used to base my purchase on.

Users who are viewing this thread