5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bedrug Install

Dustin

IT Geek, Adventure Junkie
Reaction score
On Friday I called Bedrug and ordered the full bedrug classic for the 5th Gen Ram Truck w/5'7" bed. While it is not listed on their website yet, you can call and order it. If you are a veteran or active duty, Bedrug will give you a 10% discount.

Anyway, installation was straight forward and pretty easy. Even if you do it yourself.

The only issue I ran into was the J-Clip they provided for the tailgate will not work (pics below). It has a curve on one side that will not allow the tailgate cover to lay flat and seal.

I live in AZ, so by the time I called they were already closed for the day. I'll call them tomorrow and send them the pics. I have all confidence they will work it out. If not, I already have a plan B and will use the screws for the tailgate cover to hold the tailgate flap in place.

Monday I'll get my clear bra and window tint installed. Then all that is left will be to debadge the beast and install the rear wheel-liners (which should have come standard...).

2018-08-21 14.04.03.jpg

2018-08-21 14.07.04.jpg

2018-08-21 14.07.10.jpg

2018-08-21 14.07.16.jpg

2018-08-21 14.18.44.jpg

2018-08-21 14.19.29.jpg

2018-08-21 14.19.34.jpg

Last edited:

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well damn. When I called the other day, it wasn't out yet. What did it set you back? Do you have a part number for it?

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sweet jesus, if I wasn't in masonry construction I would be all over that like a fly on shiat!

Dustin

Reaction score
Well damn. When I called the other day, it wasn't out yet. What did it set you back? Do you have a part number for it?

Cost is $399, but I got 10% off for being a veteran, so it set me back $359 (no tax and free shipping). I called Friday, 8/17 and ordered it. I don't have a part number and already threw away the box.

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hey @Dustin that is a great post up there dude. Thanks for the description and especially the pictures.

Pnorth

Reaction score
That color is starting to grow on me. Great looking truck! Can you use the full bedrug with a spray liner also? They say to go with the floor only on their web, but... would still like one...

justintx

Reaction score
@Dustin Thanks for the post!

Did you happen to notice if there were perforations (guides) on the sides where you would cut to install the bed rails?

Dustin

Reaction score
@Dustin - Bedrug doesn't use the velcro on the tailgate? All of my previous Bedrugs used velcro. No clips. It attached/was held on with velcro like the sides and bottom of the bed.

It does use velcro along the top. The reason for the J-Clip is to provide a flat surface for the velcro strip. If you look at your tailgate, you'll notice it curves in where the velcro strip would go. Hence the J-Clip. :)

Dustin

Reaction score
@Dustin Thanks for the post!

Did you happen to notice if there were perforations (guides) on the sides where you would cut to install the bed rails?

No perforations, but it is pretty dang easy. I have a dental pick tool that I used to identify where I needed to cut, then used a utility knife. Easy peasy.

Dustin

Reaction score
That color is starting to grow on me. Great looking truck! Can you use the full bedrug with a spray liner also? They say to go with the floor only on their web, but... would still like one...

You can use it with a spray liner. You'll need to purchase an extra install kit that is specifically for that purpose.

justintx

Reaction score
No perforations, but it is pretty dang easy. I have a dental pick tool that I used to identify where I needed to cut, then used a utility knife. Easy peasy.
Thanks for the info.
I'm trying to decide if I want to go with the full classic, or wait for the mat w/ tailgate.

MachoDonut

Reaction score
I just got off the phone with Bedrug. They offer the Classic Bedrug for the '19 Classic on the website. I was told on the phone that the new '19 Ram Bedrug would be available beginning of Oct.

RKPhelps

Reaction score
Just installed my Bedrug into my 2019 Ram 1500 Limited and stopped @ the Led lights in the bed. Has anyone been able to come up with an easy way cut the Bedrug around these lights? I don't think you can remove the light lens cover and have it snap back on over the rug. I really don't want to trace around the light through the Bedrug with a exact o knife and possibly scratch up the paint on my truck bed. Plus my cutout would probably look like crap. I wish there was some kind of plastic trim piece that would finish the hole edges that could be added.

M1410001.JPG

19BlkRam

Reaction score
Ordered my Bedrug yesterday cant wait for it to get here... My bed looks like hammered **** cause I don't have anything protecting the paint, Install seems pretty straight forward so I am looking forward to the weekend project.

Part #BRT19CCK

Here is the part number your looking for, its available just need to get your vendor to find it. I ordered through real truck as Bedrug does not sell direct to customers.

19BlkRam

Reaction score
Just installed my Bedrug into my 2019 Ram 1500 Limited and stopped @ the Led lights in the bed. Has anyone been able to come up with an easy way cut the Bedrug around these lights? I don't think you can remove the light lens cover and have it snap back on over the rug. I really don't want to trace around the light through the Bedrug with a exact o knife and possibly scratch up the paint on my truck bed. Plus my cutout would probably look like crap. I wish there was some kind of plastic trim piece that would finish the hole edges that could be added.

View attachment 4220

Exacto Knife and patience. you should be able to pop the light off so it seals around the mat, I am installing the Bedlights at the same time as my truck didn't come with them installed so should make it a little easier.

Users who are viewing this thread