5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bedliners?

Flot

Reaction score
I'm playing around with the online build and price (now with price!) and I'm finding that the price difference between a Limited and a loaded Laramie Sport optioned out approx the same is, well, about the same price.

The packaging of some of the options IS frustrating.

One thing that caught me off guard - if you don't opt for the spray-in bedliner package... does the truck come with no bedliner at all? I didn't see a plastic bedliner itemized out anywhere?

I'm looking at $58,500 for a Limited or $55740 for a Laramie Sport. If I were to add the bed group and the air suspension the two would be "almost" the same truck for about the same price. I think the only meaningful difference would be the aiming headlights, which I don't really want anyway.

DJ85

Reaction score
You have the pricing on the Sport package for the Laramie? I keep getting the “late availability with no pricing on that option yet” when I ask.....

DJ85

Reaction score
Sorry, just realized I was late to the party and see the pricing has been released on the website.

D

Deleted member 85

Flot said:
I'm playing around with the online build and price (now with price!) and I'm finding that the price difference between a Limited and a loaded Laramie Sport optioned out approx the same is, well, about the same price.

The packaging of some of the options IS frustrating.

One thing that caught me off guard - if you don't opt for the spray-in bedliner package... does the truck come with no bedliner at all? I didn't see a plastic bedliner itemized out anywhere?

I'm looking at $58,500 for a Limited or $55740 for a Laramie Sport. If I were to add the bed group and the air suspension the two would be "almost" the same truck for about the same price. I think the only meaningful difference would be the aiming headlights, which I don't really want anyway.
Hey man - drop-in liners (plastic) are becoming less and less common, however, your dealer will be able to install one at delivery for a comparable price as the factory, so don't fret.

Also - if it is a spray-in liner you're seeking, I suggest utilizing a local shop for the spray-in liner instead of the factory. In Canada a spray-in liner from factory is about $550, whereas our local shop does it for $425 at a higher quality.

Just food for thought.

Flot

Reaction score
I'm generally happy with the factory plastic bedliner in my 2011 - My concern is just that on the Laramie, the spray-in is a $700 option... I have some okay local options but probably similar in price. I

I would have been shocked if my $50k truck showed up without any bedliner, but looks like the mopar liner for a 2018 is ~$350 or so... not sure if it is worth twice that for the spray in.

D

Deleted member103

HEY . . . at YOUR price point the cost of a bed liner SHOULD be the Least of your concerns (I would think!) . Liners come in all sorts of "pedigrees" . . . WHAT is your Main "Bed-Function"? For instance, me, I will be adding either a fiberglass Tonneau or Cap and thus a BEDRUG Liner -- main function for camping ! Plastic bed liners frankly "suck" - nothing pretty or fancy about them (compared to your new RAM) ! They will damage the paint and rust will be a byproduct ! All the hassle of a 3rd party scratching up all that new paint in order to roll or spray on a liner seems a waste of time . . . + IF they are not CAREFUL you may find paint dust they sandblasted off, show up in your interior or vent ducts or . . . ?
NON of those concerns when the Factory does the add-on; just shows up all Pretty & New !
Just my 2 cents
1f609.png

263a.png

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I agree with Lou 100% on this one. I've seen to many plastic bedliners rub away the paint on the box and then trap moisture between the liner and the box causing rust issues. I'd go for the spay in every single time, and am really happy with the factory spray in liner in my current truck.

LordHobbit

Reaction score
Check with your dealer. Mine coated my new 2018 twice, where the factory is only coated once. Same price.

They did a fantastic job.

D

Deleted member103

LordHobbit said:
Check with your dealer. Mine coated my new 2018 twice, where the factory is only coated once. Same price.

They did a fantastic job.
So your FCA dealer, or a 3rd party applier ? There are a # of reasons for that - one of which is THICKNESS of application; which also is related to the type of liner material and equipment used for the install ! Some online Youtube research can yield "amazing" results & insights into just about anything !
Price rarely is an indicator of quality . If Your happy then I'm happy for you .

LordHobbit

Reaction score
FCA dealer. Same application as factory, but done over twice rather than the once the factory does. This is all from their mouth and they haven't given me a reason to doubt yet

D

Deleted member103

LordHobbit said:
FCA dealer. Same application as factory, but done over twice rather than the once the factory does. This is all from their mouth and they haven't given me a reason to doubt yet
I just don't understand why !? Makes no economic sense ! Practicality ? Did you request it be done ?

Users who are viewing this thread