5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bed Step suggestions

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ordered my Mopar bed step. Should be in by the time I’m back from vacation.
Any reason why people say don’t get a knockoff version? Anybody try them yet?

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Ordered my Mopar bed step. Should be in by the time I’m back from vacation.
Any reason why people say don’t get a knockoff version? Anybody try them yet?
Just the comments on the Chinese sellers eBay pages about low quality items. I couldn't find any comments specific to the step, but I assume it's like anything else they sell. The Chinese steps are made out of steel and no doubt a low quality steel that will be prone to rust. If you live in a warm, salt free environment it might be okay.

Every time I buy something like that, it bites me in the butt. I end up spending nearly twice as much when I have to throw out the cheap part and replace it with the part I should have bought in the first place.

56 Pontiac

Reaction score
... on an island in the pacific!
Which island? I lived on Maui for a year then windward Oahu for 4 years, beautiful beyond compare but could not afford to retire there (moved back to Florida).

If you don't mind, please tell me what dealership you got your step from, your price is excellent and $0 shipping too!

Thanks,
Dave

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Have they changed this step? I installed the OEM Mopar corner step on my previous truck (2020 Laramie) and didn't have to mess with any wiring. Are we all talking about the same step? This is the step I assumed the OP was asking about...
View attachment 111225

I believe I figured out why I didn't have to mess with any wiring. I had the recalled step, which used a cast one-piece support. The updated step used a welded multi-piece support, which requires you to have to mess with the wire harness.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I believe I figured out why I didn't have to mess with any wiring. I had the recalled step, which used a cast one-piece support. The updated step used a welded multi-piece support, which requires you to have to mess with the wire harness.
I can neither confirm nor deny that I may or may not have a bed step that does not conflict with said wiring harness...although I do believe I had to release it from a bracket to make room. But this was in 2018, so I've slept since then.

Threesuns1

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I went with the aftermarket "bed step" on my F250. Served me well for 22 years, I think I will continue to use it on my 2022 Big Horn. Only cost around $20 and can be used in multiple positions around the truck cleaning windshield, changing fuel filter, and other engine maintenance. (See attached pic)

Attachments

• Bed Step.jpg
    Bed Step.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 46

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Which island? I lived on Maui for a year then windward Oahu for 4 years, beautiful beyond compare but could not afford to retire there (moved back to Florida).

If you don't mind, please tell me what dealership you got your step from, your price is excellent and $0 shipping too!

Thanks,
Dave

I am on Oahu, Pacific Palisades, Pearl City.
Yes, that is the challenge of my home, beautiful at a price. Add in the fact it was Windward Oahu, ouch. Love Maui, one of my sisters lives there. Great place to visit, not sure I can live there.
I’m Born and raised Hawaiian, kinda learned to adapt to the ridiculousness.

Purchased the step from Cutter Auto Pearl City. Got a discount because I bought the truck from them, also. Dealer absorbs shipping in price most of the time, thus the usual markup or “paradise tax”. Sometimes you get lucky.
It’s a crap shoot ordering local, so homework is required to get the best price.

undertow119

Reaction score
Regarding the Mopar step, what's the difference between part number 82214245AD and 82215289AH? They look the same to me, but the 82214245AD part says "Fits 2014-2022 Ram" and the 82215289AH part says "Fits 2021-2022 Ram". There's also a $75 difference in price. I'm guessing one is for trucks with dual exhaust and one is for the single exhaust, but it doesn't say that.

I want to make sure I'm getting the right part. Mine's a 2022 Big Horn (5.7L dual exhaust).

New1500customram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Regarding the Mopar step, what's the difference between part number 82214245AD and 82215289AH? They look the same to me, but the 82214245AD part says "Fits 2014-2022 Ram" and the 82215289AH part says "Fits 2021-2022 Ram". There's also a $75 difference in price. I'm guessing one is for trucks with dual exhaust and one is for the single exhaust, but it doesn't say that.

I want to make sure I'm getting the right part. Mine's a 2022 Big Horn (5.7L dual exhaust).
maybe the difference is one attached drivers side and the other attaches to the middle for the multi function tailgate?

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

The AD step is for the Classic and HD trucks.

Users who are viewing this thread