5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bed Step suggestions

Buz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sure do miss the integrated bed step in the tailgate of my last F150.
Now I just use a back tire as a step and grab the bed rail to pull myself up.

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I installed the Mopar step, too. It tucks away very nicely under the bumper. Much more cleaner look than any aftermarket step.
I also have the OEM Mopar bed step. Is there one for the passenger side?
Negative, RAM only offers it for the driver side as far as I know.

Cajun_

Reaction score
I installed the Mopar step, too. It tucks away very nicely under the bumper. Much more cleaner look than any aftermarket step.

Negative, RAM only offers it for the driver side as far as I know.
i dont even think amp offers a passenger side one ether

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Mine came with the Mopar one as part of the bed package. It is handy. Don't know how much I would pay for it on its own but as part of the package it was good. I am a big guy at 350 and I have not broken it yet!

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
With a repaired left ACL, torn/strained MCL on right knee twice, my knees were hating getting up into the bed until i got the step...$285 from stealership parts dept., with a 15% discount and no shipping charges, awesome for being on an island in the pacific!

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have the Mopar bed step and I really like it. I'm glad it was included with the BUG package because I wouldn't have ordered it separately. I really didn't think I'd use it much but I use it all of the time. I even use it to peek out my garage door windows when I hear someone in my driveway.

Mr.Grid

Reaction score
Decided to purchase the Mopar Bed Step based on all the positive advice here. The new ones are expensive imho and the BUG option is a great deal on the new Rams that includes the step. Ordered an open box from Brunswick at a reduced price.

Cajun_

Reaction score
Decided to purchase the Mopar Bed Step based on all the positive advice here. The new ones are expensive imho and the BUG option is a great deal on the new Rams that includes the step. Ordered an open box from Brunswick at a reduced price.
Just be careful the wiring harness that's shown in the instructions was different than the one on my truck.

Mr.Grid

Reaction score
Just be careful the wiring harness that's shown in the instructions was different than the one on my truck.
Excellent point. Looking at the bed step picture I see a large opening on the step bracket in the area of where the wiring harness connector is located on the truck frame.

Any advice on how to disconnect the wiring plug. The plug on this 2022 Laramie has tape wrapped around it and there are white circular plastic piece on both sides of the plug. Any help/ suggestions would be appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread