5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bed Step for Single Exhaust

TennVol

Reaction score
San Juan de Dios, Anton, Cocle, Republic of Panama
I have searched the threads & I have found a lot of info on bed steps for dual exhaust vehicles, but nothing on single exhaust vehicles.. I have a 2023 1500 Bighorn with the 3.6L eTorque with a single exhaust. Can anyone help with a link? Thanks!

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
What does the exhaust have to do with the step placement?
It doesn't mount to the exhaust.

Is there is only 1 side step and bed step. Side step is for normal trucks, bed step is the middle mounted one intended for trucks with MFT. They install at the same mounting area so you can't use both.

TennVol

Reaction score
San Juan de Dios, Anton, Cocle, Republic of Panama
I know it doesn't mount to the exhaust - I had one on my 2018 Power Wagon. Every one I've seen indicates they are only suitable for a dual exhaust truck. I've yet to find one that is either only for a single exhaust, or is suitable for either. I can't imagine the mounting point would be different regardless of number of exhaust pipes.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Again, I don't know what else to tell you.
Has nothing to do with your exhaust.
Only lower trim 1500s get a single exhaust pipe but it's the same engine anyways.

Attachments

• ramBedStep.pdf
    156.2 KB · Views: 8

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Again, I don't know what else to tell you.
Has nothing to do with your exhaust.
Only lower trim 1500s get a single exhaust pipe but it's the same engine anyways.
The Eco diesel had single exhaust as well.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If you're only talking about the number of pipes sticking out under the bumper, my 2021 Eco has dual exhaust.
Must be a higher trim level thing. I know the Bighorn was only single exhaust behind the tire.

Users who are viewing this thread