5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bed sidewall anchors?

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My Big Horn came with four tie down anchors mounted in the lower corners of the bed and I am looking to add four more upper anchors. I do not want to add the utility rail, and I do not want rail mounts, I just want to add four more side wall anchors.

Does anyone know if the same oem anchors can be mounted in the upper sidewalls? Part number? Aftermarket options?

Thanks in advance.

mch

Reaction score
I ordered 2 "Bull Ring 1066" for my rebel and they should be here tomorrow. They say they only work for the front. I haven't measured, but it looks like there are 2 of the same size holes in the rear; I'll see if they work. I also noted my bed rail caps have 2 open slots at the rear. I ordered a couple Bull Ring 5067's, and I'll see how those work out. I mainly use the 2 in the front to strap down my dirtbike, but using the bottom points can be a pain when you are trying to hook-up a cargo net when taking things to the dump, etc.

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for responding. I’m interested to know how it works out. Please post pics if you don’t mind.

Reactions: mch

mch

Reaction score
The 1066 hooks worked in the front, but the holes in the rear inner bed were too small to mount it. The 2 holes that are already in the bed rail (OEM plastic opening), were not adequate for the 5067s, I know the 5067s say you are supposed to cut the bed rail cover, but these were already open and it looked like 1.5-2 inch drop of plastic. I wasn't chancing cutting anything on it, as there would probably be some big gap. As far as the 1066s, they seem to grip pretty good, but there is no big metal plate behind the actual sheet metal. It seems more of a friction type lock. No way I'd chance strapping my dirt bikes using those hooks, but I intend to use them for stuff I'd normally bungee chord. The actual hook is retracted. They are spring loaded and they stay in, until you pull it out and stick some kind of tie-down through it. The 1st time I installed, it was kind of hung up on something and the hook was tight, and would stay wherever you left it.

IMG_20190304_172354.jpg

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks. I don’t know why they don’t just come with upper and lowers. My GMC did, it was a really nice feature.

mch

Reaction score
I'm thinking about getting the utility rails, but I didn't see any good cleats that you can lock a tie down, bungee, or other item with a Carbiner end. The ones I see for the ram don't appear to have any enclosed loop.

OuachitaAdventure

Reaction score
I'm thinking about getting the utility rails, but I didn't see any good cleats that you can lock a tie down, bungee, or other item with a Carbiner end. The ones I see for the ram don't appear to have any enclosed loop.
The adjustable tie downs are closed and can be used as a mounting point. That's the reason I got the utility rails.

I don't have a pic, but you should be able to see them pretty clearly in this video.

Scrambler

Reaction score
This a great thread for my information because I traded my 17' Silverado which had 4 upper and 4 lower cargo hooks. Is 1067 and 5067 the actual Ram p/n's and where did you order them from?
FYI that I purchased the cargo rails and after dry fitting one of them on the bed, I realized how much cargo space I'd be losing and decided to return them to the dealer. The rail (only) sticks out approx 3" and the adjustable hook devices stick out another 2+ inches. Bottom line is you are losing at least 8" of cargo width.

Tomdio

Reaction score
I would like to get something like this. It would be nice to find cleats or brackets that will fit into stock holes for the utility rail. That would be perfect

Bubba33

Reaction score
Bully retractable, I've been using them on the last 4 trucks.

Users who are viewing this thread